Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #12181 
Aus

Teenagers, teenagers, teenagers!

Mine has four whole, working limbs but you wouldn't know it some days, at times it's like living with a sentient jellyfish.

Only a jellyfish might keep its environment tidier.. and not talk back rudely ..

Of course, I love my girl. Of course, she hates me some days for saying "be home at 6 or else!" when it's daylight savings and all her friends are out in the park or at the shops til 7. And for refusing to allow her bff to stay over on the weekend if she misses a day of school, or is really rude to me.

And really? Some days, I look back fondly to my child free existence of peace and quiet and makeup that doesn't "go walkabout" and my clothes being where I left them last, and tidy bathrooms and no endless arguments over hair colour, and no tumblers found under beds with a quarter inch of stinky old milk in them..

In the end, we love each other so, so much. I have faith in her intelligence and her good heart. Just.. right now she is so vulnerable.. thinks she knows it all but boy o boy, she sure doesn't..

It isn't easy being a parent. In fact, it's sometimes really scary. Kids do not come with an owners manual!!!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #12182 
dramaqueen
Banned

I remember years ago when? I was around 12 my friend and I wanted to camp out in my backyard. We had some people visiting us and this woman tells me no we couldn't. Then she says don't you know the facts of life. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #12183 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
It isn't easy being a parent. In fact, it's sometimes really scary. Kids do not come with an owners manual!!!
+1
oh if only that were possible lol
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #12184 
Sena Hansler

"raising teenagers is like nailing jello to a tree." my mom had that magnet xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #12185 
fishman12

Haha that is funny.

RANT: Stupid teachers that have no idea what they are doing.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #12186 
Sena Hansler

-continue off of that rant- I remember some guy who came from university and we were the darn guinea pigs for his teaching methdods. We already learned what he teached. But how he teached it...

Made no sense I felt my IQ drop. I'm pretty sure.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #12187 
fishman12

My English teacher gives me an project the very day that we turned in a 750 word summarization. *sighs* The 2nd project is pointless, and we have homework due Wed, Thursday, and Friday in addition to the 2nd project which is also due Friday. So today he gives me a test and then says we can study. He is an idiot.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #12188 
Betta Slave

Aus, DQ, BH, SH- I won't deny that we can be a pain to get along with... I know I give my parents heck occasionally... honestly I'm not sure how you put up with us sometimes. XD

Anyway. My rant is how freaking busy I am this week. Nuff said.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #12189 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, being a teen is difficult. You're trying to be independent and your parents are still in charge and then there is conflict. When you become an adult you start seeing things differently.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #12190 
Sena Hansler

(I'm 18) :3 I actually did find it hard to get along with someone like my mother. I only understood my dad's point of view, but as for my mom, well she's not an emotion-based person, and she really is controlling. Plus she expects the worst from me and my actions, and never cares for the good
but, growing up too fast is not too fun either :3 even as adults, I've seen some kiddish acts funny or not, theyre there haha