Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #12261 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Java fern. Mine won't die. and it's in an unlit tank that has the occassional outdoor light coming in near it. :) -checks- actually...it's growing. And plus it came from overseas in great condition. And I have like....6 pieces of it now and it keeps growing x.x I had a floating plant but no matter what it kept dying.

btw, I don't use flora-grow or whatever it is called lol. It's Au Naturale.
OK! (: I have no experience with live plants. Zero. The harder the kill the better! :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #12262 
Shirleythebetta

okay, first time joining the rant thread and I think more than a few on here will appreciate this since a bunch are college students. I am a college student working on an associate's degree in business. My sister-in-law has been telling people that she is in college. Here's the difference. My degree costs about a billion dollars in loans..... her "degree" cost's $600 dollars.... another difference, I have been in school two years and have one year to go. She will be in school for 6 weeks...... NOT A DEGREE MORON.

She is going to a school for phlebotomy which is a trade school and I have been trying so hard not to say anything but this ticks me off. It's an insult to call something like what she is doing a degree when I am busting my butt to earn what I am doing. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law will both learn a lesson when she gets this phantom "degree" and it says "Career diploma" I will be laughing on the floor in front of them. I am not saying I am not glad she is in school because furthering your education in any way is great but don't insult people who are really working for a degree. Call it what it is,
D-I-P-L-O-M-A.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 03-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #12263 
Bombalurina

6 weeks? My degree is 6 years. I'm with you on that, Shirley.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #12264 
GuppyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Eh, I don't really like either of them the way I like Little Mermaid or Lion King, but still, part of my childhood. :p
Now I am being punished for teasing, because I have that song in my head and it won't go away. :(
KARMA HAS TROLLED YOU!!!!!! YES!!!

Lol jk. I know how you feel with the song being stuck in your head. My stepsister is a Disney fanatic and is obsessed with this movie. She followed me around singing that ever-so-monotonous Rescue Aid Society song for GOD KNOWS how long. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #12265 
GuppyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
o_o well good to know it isn't just MY guppies that were loopy

oh and guppybetta, I agree. I loved the first one. The second one.... eh....not so much :(

Or how about those silly "Fox and the Hound 2" things. grrrr they destroyed my favorite classics
Yeah, the guppy thing was sad.

As for the Disney thing; THANK YOU FOR AGREEING!!!!! BTW, I just have to let this out to someone who won't give me crud about it. Doesn't that new character in that second Rescuers (I think Jake was his name?????) have some sort of weird obsession with animal cruelty? I feel like he's killed more animals than the hunter in the movie LOL.

I didn't really LOVE the first one, but I could tolerate it, more or less.
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #12266 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
6 weeks? My degree is 6 years. I'm with you on that, Shirley.
It just demeans what real college students do. It's called the school of phlebotomy. I love that she is furthering her education but come on. A real college education doesn't take 6 weeks and she is only going 2 times a week so that is only 12 classes. We are going to leave school being educated in many things including what our original degree requires. Not just sticking a needle in an arm so it is insulting in a way that she calls what she is doing college.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #12267 
Betta Slave

Rant-

I don't like the parents' dogs. Go ahead and pee in my room- heck, on my favourite blanket, why dontcha. D:< I want a cat.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #12268 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Rant-

I don't like the parents' dogs. Go ahead and pee in my room- heck, on my favourite blanket, why dontcha. D:< I want a cat.
no you don't they pee on everything worse :s they can be nasty little furballs :)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #12269 
mardi

+1

I lived with a family member who had a cat a few years ago. This cat too it upon themselves to piss all over the futon I was using as a bed. The worst part was that it was a 1 bedroom apartment, with the 1 bedroom already occupied. I had no door to close to keep said cat out. I wound up buying one of those "plastic mattress covers (that they use for kids who wet the bed a lot), I kept the futon in the "upright" position and kept it covered during the day. At night, I built a fort around the futon using dining room tables and random kiddie fences I found.

And even all that wasn't enough. lol. At least the fort was high enough that the cat had to "leap" to get past the barrier, so their landing on me always woke me up. There were a few times I woke up to find the cat in mid air over me.

And this is the story/rant of why I'm a dog and fish person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
no you don't they pee on everything worse :s they can be nasty little furballs :)
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #12270 
BeautifulBetta

I like cats wayyyy better than dogs! All the current dogs in my life make me mad, the cats however, i could cuddle all day <3 I've never had a cat that peed on everything, they all go in the litterbox where they're supposed to.

BUT, rant...Being on an island is annoying sometimes, because of the weather that we experience. Last night and This morning we had 135 km/hour winds, knocked the power out (fish are ok lucky for them, i planned ahead and keep them all downstairs where the woodstove is in case the power got knocked out), in the afternoon we had sun for a bit, then overcast. And wouldnt you believe it..We now have SNOW coming down...What's next?!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou