Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #12311 
Bombalurina

Sigh...my 12-year-old friend who has a comet and a fantail in a 5 gallon-ish tank who was going to give me the comet for our pond has decided not to. Why? Because she loves them too much. If she loves them so much, why does she only feed them twice a week and never change their water? She doesn't want her fantail to be lonely, but I think it woud be better that the fantail is lonely and has a cleaner tank due to less fish poop in it and the comet has an amazing life in a pond with other comets than them both dying within a year. :(
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #12312 
dramaqueen
Banned

If they lived in your pond, couldn't she visit them?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #12313 
Sena Hansler

if she loved them she wouldn't own them. :/ sorry to sound a little harsh... but it's sounding more like "I don't want to give them up" kind of love rather than "I care too much about them" kind.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #12314 
Aus

Rant

part 1: WAH! I don't own those two cutie-pie rats in Bombalurina's avatar.

part 2: Forget viruses. Ex husbands who refuse to pay child support are the lowest form of life.

part 3: I HATE that I am disabled, sometimes, I really freakin' do. Today's reason is that the closest LFS is one I don't want to give my money to, for the disgusting way they keep their bettas. So it's a really expensive taxi ride or a lot of slow, painful walking to and from tram stops if I want to get to a decent store. I usually don't complain about having limited mobility (complaining won't fix it, lol), but lately it's just REALLY getting to me.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #12315 
Sena Hansler

you're disabled? :( that sucks when you have to take a cab everywhere. yikes! it does get expensive.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #12316 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know how you feel, Aus.I'm also disabled and can't drive and it does suck, big time.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #12317 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
If they lived in your pond, couldn't she visit them?
She could, but apparently that isn't enough for her. And I couldn't take the fantail (it would never survive winter here in a pond), so she thinks it would be lonely. Which it would, but at least the comet wouldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
if she loved them she wouldn't own them. :/ sorry to sound a little harsh... but it's sounding more like "I don't want to give them up" kind of love rather than "I care too much about them" kind.
No, that's exactly what it is. :( She's the same way with her guinea pig, from what her mother says. At least she feeds that. But they are the kind of family who lock their cat in the garage and don't ask anyone to check on it when they go on holiday. I know they don't have the money for a pet-sitter (they don't have the money for a vet to check out their cat's skin condition) but I'd do it for free. :( And I'd feed and clean those fish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Rant

part 1: WAH! I don't own those two cutie-pie rats in Bombalurina's avatar.

part 2: Forget viruses. Ex husbands who refuse to pay child support are the lowest form of life.

part 3: I HATE that I am disabled, sometimes, I really freakin' do. Today's reason is that the closest LFS is one I don't want to give my money to, for the disgusting way they keep their bettas. So it's a really expensive taxi ride or a lot of slow, painful walking to and from tram stops if I want to get to a decent store. I usually don't complain about having limited mobility (complaining won't fix it, lol), but lately it's just REALLY getting to me.
Thanks Aus. ;) :p
You poor thing. :( You don't sound like you're having an amazing time of it at the moment. :(
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #12318 
Sena Hansler

-rant- well SORRY I got screwed over by someone, didn't hsve internet and DID NOT KNOW what Marge actually had, tried to treat this strange "rot", then found out it was really columnaris on freaking yahooanswers of all bloody places, then treated accordingly and made it seem like I used too many meds on my fish trying to treat something THAT FIY DID CAUSE A PROBLEM in the long run

so how about I just toss senile Zebra with sick Rose, bloody Tina and healing Marge together again, toss all freaking meds out, hope they survive and re-home every damn betta >:( because THAT is how some of these people make me feel (they make me feel stupid)
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #12319 
Leeniex

I hate big fat liars and scammers.

That is my rant for the day.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #12320 
Sena Hansler

So we went to a pawn shop. I saw some nice cameras... none I want because I'm aiming for an awesome canon one.... and look over at this... cylinder thing, with water, rocks and such in it.... it's about... 4 inches diameter, and about 10-12 inches high.... right next to it, another one... it's gross though.

and amongst the grossness is a green and white betta, rotting away.

grr.