Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #12341 
fishman12

Cool. My neighbors have a party every night. No joke.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #12342 
GuppyBetta

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on the forum in awhile. Rant: Sunday night, there was a big storm capable of being a tornado. It didn't become a tornado, but the storm was still really bad and we lost our electricity for about an hour and a half. I know that's not too long, but the cable/internet was out for about 24 hours and I lost a remix that my band is making, so now I'm starting all over. >:(
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #12343 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you didn't get a tornado from the storm. We've had enough of those.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #12344 
Bombalurina

Why can't people drive? I want to gather them all up in a classroom and take them through the basics again. You know, indicators, speed limits, that sort of thing. I've only been fully licensed a few months for a car and I'm still on my Ps for a scooter, yet I'm a better driver than 90% of the people in this city, apparently. Grr.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #12345 
Shirleythebetta

Ugh, with you totally on the driving thing. Me and Hubby got cut off several times this week. I think thats the most annoying thing a driver does. They cut you off and then slam on the brakes or drive slow. It's to easy to get a liscense anywhere apparently.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #12346 
Sena Hansler

I think here, people drive great for the test then bum around. It's worse because we are a retiree place, and a place for young couples with kids. so we have: A lot of stupid teenagers driving, and, a lot of Driving Miss Daisy old people :/

One person I remember said: "My dad got me this 60'000.00 truck!" Next week: "hahaha I smashed my truck! My dad's getting me a new one."

I got a second hand car, for free. AND I LOVE IT >:( God forbid I ever spoke like THAT. My dad wouldn't have fixed it up for me. (it's a '98 subaru legacy =D NOT hatchback...)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #12347 
Shirleythebetta

My first car costed 400 dollars. It was a beat up jacked up S-10. Now I have a minivan but no insurance so I am not driving just got married so I have to call his insurance and see if they will put me on his. I think that used cars are best in my opinion. Me and the hubby bought a car recently for 500 bucks and all it needed was a 20 dollar muffler repair. Why spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle when that money could be going to useful things?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #12348 
Sena Hansler

I told my bf to take my car so that it'll be used. Instead he getsa new vehicle... so over 300 payments, and over 300 insurance PER MONTH -facepalm- For my vehicle he would've been paying...maybe 300. for insurance and such.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #12349 
Bombalurina

I don't have a vehicle of my own. My parents own the scooter, but I'm the principal driver, and I want to buy it off them when I leave home (I don't think I'll be able to afford to buy and run a car *and* house deposits...). It's a great little thing.
Technically, it was second hand, because somebody won it, but they didn't have a license so they never drove it. So I got it for a reduced price. :D It's a Kymco Ego 250.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #12350 
Shirleythebetta

Sena 300 payments?! I hope that was a typo :O lol
I think $300 a month for anything is insane! All my monthly bills together. rent, utility's, insurance, grocerys equals about.... $600 a month. I'm frugal.... I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with insurance and payments on something so trivial. My sister in law gets a used car for $3000 to $6000 about every year or too and can barely pay her bills. I don't understand why anyone would pbuy somthing they can't afford. If you can't afford it and it isn't life or death it isn't necessary.

Tags
bettathanyou