Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #12361 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, my mom can pretty much take care of herself but she has a bad back and had surgery 2 years ago. She has to use a walker. She can still drive but I don't know what the heck we'll do when she can't because I can't drive because of my vision.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #12362 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Well, my mom can pretty much take care of herself but she has a bad back and had surgery 2 years ago. She has to use a walker. She can still drive but I don't know what the heck we'll do when she can't because I can't drive because of my vision.
Hmm, it really isn't a good feeling to not be able to get yourself around. My mother and sister don't drive for anxiety reasons. They say they don't drive because they feel like the car is a weapon. How wonderful is it that she can still drive though? Someone at her age and what she has been through (Sugery) should have someone living with her. Backs are fikle things and they aren't reliable after they have been hurt or sick.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #12363 
dramaqueen
Banned

Right. And sometimes she forgets go take her medicine. I don't think she'd do well living on her ow..
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #12364 
MaisyDawgThirteen

My teacher is a nightmare. -_-
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #12365 
Bombalurina

Rant: workworkwork. So much of it.
Anti-rant: my killis appear to have finally settled in and are coming out for meals! :D
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #12366 
Shirleythebetta

Hope school is going well for you. I am upset. I am not doing to well in business math. I am going to be mad if I get anything lower than a B. I have had straight A's all semester and all my Midterms are A's and B's. I will beat this class!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #12367 
Sena Hansler

I love my animals and all.. but ugh. I will NEVER like the cleaning part :/
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #12368 
Pataflafla

So bad luck seems to be my life for the past few years now. good things have happened, but it just seems like bad luck is refusing to be outdone.

2010 was a year of death and mourning. 2011 was a year of stress.

And now, the defining factor for 2012 so far is that my uncle was fired from his job (He's a former drug addict that went missing and was presumed dead, so this is very worrying). The same day I learn this news, I also learn that my grandmother has leukemia. While it is responding very well to low doses of medication, the doctor said that one crisis event could set that off and that if higher doses of medication don't work, she'll only have maybe 2-3 weeks left to live.

Another bad thing being that I don't think I can handle being with my needy boyfriend for too much longer. I don't see the relationship lasting too much longer and we're on a break right now.

This is going on 3 years of bad things happening. It's getting very tiresome.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #12369 
Sena Hansler

yikes! sorry to hear all that happening to you! :( I hope things get better for you soon.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #12370 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
So bad luck seems to be my life for the past few years now. good things have happened, but it just seems like bad luck is refusing to be outdone.

2010 was a year of death and mourning. 2011 was a year of stress.

And now, the defining factor for 2012 so far is that my uncle was fired from his job (He's a former drug addict that went missing and was presumed dead, so this is very worrying). The same day I learn this news, I also learn that my grandmother has leukemia. While it is responding very well to low doses of medication, the doctor said that one crisis event could set that off and that if higher doses of medication don't work, she'll only have maybe 2-3 weeks left to live.

Another bad thing being that I don't think I can handle being with my needy boyfriend for too much longer. I don't see the relationship lasting too much longer and we're on a break right now.

This is going on 3 years of bad things happening. It's getting very tiresome.
Don't listen to the doctors. They start talking time limits then tell them to shut up. They like to play God and are often very bad at it. My grandpa was supposed to die as this 7 or 8 times in 20 years. my other grandfather (lukemia) was supposed to die several times too and he lived 13 years with it. They don't know everything and they are just making predictions. Nothing more. So keep your chin up and put on the best face you can for her. It's hard I know. 2 grandmothers of cirosis of the liver and two grandfathers on lukemia and the other bone marrow cancer.
With the boyfriend, if he isn't worthy, dump him. Don't stay in a stressful relationship when you have bigger and better things to deal with. A smothering man is a man who is a bit to emotional in my opinion. That could lead to rage, jealousy and more. Good luck and I Hope things get better.

Tags
bettathanyou