Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #12381 
Sena Hansler

trust me. My coworker/friend and I, are bringing it directly to the head manager of the store. And we are getting a few associates to read and sign it... so it does not look like it's "just our problem with everyone" since, you know, we're young so we're stupid and lie. And this way, we'll show it's more than just a "bunch of young kids" against older people.

And trust me, walmart and mcdonalds are the top worse places to work. >< petsmart shouldnt be as bad.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #12382 
Rosso1011

I saw a young couple buying a betta, 2 containers of Aqueon betta pellets, and a .5 gallon cube. They were talking about how they thought their daughter (who couldn't have been older than 18 months) liked her new fish. I wish they'd do away with those horrible aquariums.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #12383 
Sena Hansler

..... wait 2 bettas in ONE tank? o_O I have a hard enough time keeping the 1 gallons I have clean with one pooper let alone two. especially without a divider :/
Old 03-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #12384 
Rosso1011

Sena, not sure if that was directed at my post. 2 containers of FOOD, not 2 bettas. Everyone who owns bettas know that one container will last months.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #12385 
Sena Hansler

whoops sorry xD mis-read. well then expect those bettas to die of SBD. :/ I have one container. from like...last year. for like....12-14 bettas depending when I have rescues xD It's still 3/4 full or more.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #12386 
dramaqueen
Banned

They probably read on the package to feed the fish as much as it will eat in 5 minutes and thought 1 package wouldn't be enough.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #12387 
Sena Hansler

If I fed my boys all they could in 5 minutes.... They could probably eat over 20 pellets :/
Old 03-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #12388 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
I know she'll be fine most likely. It's just that I want to be able to have everything on good terms with her before it does look like her time. It unfortunately wasn't so with her husband and myself. He was my role model, but I kept a secret from him because I was afraid he would disown me. I was so ashamed to tell him that I'd dated a girl that I lied to him about my own life during those few months I was with her. Everything was fine on his end, but it was just me hiding things from him that makes me feel absolutely terrible. I really wish I had let him know everything in the time he was still alive instead of hiding everything. He went so quick in front of my eyes and I still felt that he would be ashamed of me if I told him, even at the end. I was his baby girl and I wasn't going to do anything to jeopardize that in the end.

I think that he would have loved you regardless but depending on his beliefs, it might not be something that he could agree with (you know those old school ways of thinking LOL). By not saying anything it didn't affect him, it only affected you because you thought you hid a part of yourself from him. We all have things that don't necessarily need to be out there for the world to see. You did nothing to upset, harm, or hurt him so please stop feeling guilty about this.

She'll never know my secret either, but I'm less worried of her being ashamed of me. I'm just afraid that I won't have enough time with her.

Again, you've done nothing to be ashamed of. Just enjoy every day that you have with her whether it's another year or 50 years. We can never know these things in advance.

As far as my boyfriend, he definitely has more emotional baggage than me, but I haven't seen any reasons for it. He's just constantly saying his messed up and hurt, but I haven't seen anything to validate that. I can say I'm hurt, and I will if I need to. I lost 5 people in the span of 11 months, the first being my role model as well as my first experience with death. I've watched as my family has fallen apart into fighting and solitude. The most he's done is ride along when his parents were medical examiners. Heck, I'm still just biding my time for my first dog to die, not to sound uncaring but I've just become so numb to the build up before death). He's constantly needy emotionally and physically and it's just been absolutely exhausting for me. He'll get upset for not spending 12 or more hours with him. I left after 5 hours with him and he got all dejected.

You need someone around who will boost you up when you're going through rough times, not drag you down. My ex husband was a great guy but was so emotianally needy and helpless that I felt like I had an oversized child around instead of a partner. So unless he's going to step up and be a partner and emotional support system for you, you might want to move on since he seems to be adding to your blues instead of helping you through them.

You'll get through these tough times if you stay strong and surround yourself with people who are positive and care about you. Hang in there ok?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #12389 
Rosso1011

Sena, I don't know how much they'd eat in 5 mins... but I can assure you that they'd eat until they couldn't swim right.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #12390 
Pataflafla

Thanks for the advice, Romad. I'm thinking I'm going to have to break off the relationship since he's still not showing any signs of changing. I'm willing to give him until the first of next month before ending our current break, but I honestly don't think we''ll be together after that.

My grandmother is a strong woman, but I just get scared when I hear news like I did. My grandfather gave no warning when it was his time. He was just hospitalized for issues breathing (Emphysema and on oxygen full time, so it wasn't the first time for this) The day before he died, he was taken out of his coma and he looked at each and everyone of us in the room and said that he loved us. I guess that was the only warning, but it just didn't feel like it at the time. A few hours after that, he spiraled down and that next morning at 2 he passed.

I'm more scared of the aftermath or someone dying than them actually dying. It's difficult not being able to talk to them or see them or hear them anymore.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou