Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #12411 
Sena Hansler

well I feel like it >< especially with the guinea...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #12412 
MadameDesu

You're fine. :)
A bad person would be one of those freaks that sets animals on fire, and we all know you're not like that.
My guinea pigs were a squirmy bunch too. Sometimes they just get the better of you, to their own peril sometimes. Who knows, maybe she's learned her lesson and won't squirm anymore.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #12413 
fishman12

The bonding: She probably doesn't blame you, And then she sees you as the one who helped her in her time of distress.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #12414 
Neil D

Hmm, i guess I'm lucky, Splee (my piggy) isn't all that squirmy.

Any way...That's terrible, Sena!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #12415 
fishman12

Rant: Petco didn't have anything I wanted. Darn.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #12416 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Rant:
Just spent $50 on aquarium plants online. Worried to death as I have never bought anything online (I double checked my address 500 times lol)
Yesterday spent $50 on an API master test kit at the over priced LFS since pet smart was being jerks and wouldn't tell me when they'll have them in, couldn't wait any longer.
Over $100 in 2 days on aquariums. I'm an unemployed 17 year old, this hurts my soul ;-;
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #12417 
MadameDesu

Rant: My friends won't believe me when I try to explain that their goldfish is sick, overweight, and suffocating to death.
"Oh, he's fine. You're overreacting." WELL WHEN HE'S DEAD, DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU! >:(
Old 03-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #12418 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Urgh! I have previously mentioned an old gentleman at church who thinks I am some sort of special, enlightened, intelligent person. He wrote in a letter to me that my "claim" that uni work was keeping me away from church was really upsetting because anything that takes me away from church is of the devil. And worse, my dad seems to agree with him.

Firstly, I have to use those Sunday mornings to be my uni work. I have 40 hours of study to do EVERY WEEK outside of my contact hours. I work best in the mornings. If I don't use my Sunday mornings, that's four hours of study gone. Pretty sure God doesn't want me to fail uni. And if this guy is so proud of me for doing my degree, why on earth does he want me to neglect it?

Secondly, it's not like I'm not still getting fellowship. I go to youth group every fortnight - something I enjoy far more than normal church because it is specifically for my age group.

Thirdly, it isn't like I don't care about God. I am reading a bunch of different books outside of church to keep my focus on God.

He has no right to comment like that. >:( I am not "claiming" that my uni work is overwhelming - it IS overwhelming. He has no idea how hard I am working and I am so angry at what he has said.

Sorry, I had to say something about this. I am in school too. Ohio Christian University. Since I go to a religious school this sorta made me mad. I do not understand where anyone got the idea that you have to go to church to be a good christian. That is ridiculous. The original church was made up of the disciples that traveled on foot to preach. That is the definition of the true church. Maybe he could take the time and read the verses. I took Old and New Testament for electives not to mention Bible study.
The idea of church is to be with Like-minded people in Christ not guilt you into going. I could slap a cross on my trailer and call it a church if I want to. Geez, it's a building. I don't go to church because most I won't generalize all but most I have seen want the same type of people there. Rich and snotty. I have never seen a diverse church with more than one race and if you don't drop at least a certain amount of money in the plate they look at you funny. The beauty of christianity is the many ways you can worship. You have to do right by yourself and by God. I refuse to believe that going to college is of the devil. There is no harm in loving your temple (yourself) enough to educate your mind. grrrrr. Those are the type I call "Bible thumpers" they will not accept or allow someone to do something their own way. They refuse to believe maybe they translated scripture wrong and most have probably never read it. The Bible is the most controversial book on the planet everyone has thier own way to do things. People seem to forget this ---->"Thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged yourself"
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #12419 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Sorry, I had to say something about this. I am in school too. Ohio Christian University. Since I go to a religious school this sorta made me mad. I do not understand where anyone got the idea that you have to go to church to be a good christian. That is ridiculous. The original church was made up of the disciples that traveled on foot to preach. That is the definition of the true church. Maybe he could take the time and read the verses. I took Old and New Testament for electives not to mention Bible study.
The idea of church is to be with Like-minded people in Christ not guilt you into going. I could slap a cross on my trailer and call it a church if I want to. Geez, it's a building. I don't go to church because most I won't generalize all but most I have seen want the same type of people there. Rich and snotty. I have never seen a diverse church with more than one race and if you don't drop at least a certain amount of money in the plate they look at you funny. The beauty of christianity is the many ways you can worship. You have to do right by yourself and by God. I refuse to believe that going to college is of the devil. There is no harm in loving your temple (yourself) enough to educate your mind. grrrrr. Those are the type I call "Bible thumpers" they will not accept or allow someone to do something their own way. They refuse to believe maybe they translated scripture wrong and most have probably never read it. The Bible is the most controversial book on the planet everyone has thier own way to do things. People seem to forget this ---->"Thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged yourself"
I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience in "church", but I would still encourage you to find one that is open and welcoming (trust me, they're out there!). True, church isn't about the building, but I find that going to one that is dedicated to sound theology and openness is probably the best thing for one's faith.

It sucks that your church experience was like that ... what denomination are you? I've seen people that are sort of put off by Presbyterians, Catholics, Mennonites, etc. In general, I've found non-denominational churches to be more open and receptive. I'm in the process of a complete overhaul in my faith, though, and I'm looking into switching into a more Orthodox denomination (Episcopal or Eastern Orthodox).
Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #12420 
Bombalurina

My church is in general very good - racially and socio-economically very diverse. :) We have Brits, Australians (indigenous and white), Africans, Asians and people from the subcontinent. We even had some of you crazy USA types for a while! The people range from relatively well off to extremely poor. It's not at all a judgemental place.
I do believe this guy honestly has my best interests at heart. He's not trying to imply that all uni is evil - he just thinks it is bad to the extent it takes me away from church. It just annoys me that he thinks I can't judge for myself what is appropriate in my life - he can't see into my heart and he doesn't know what my relationship with God is like.

My anti-rant for the day: I had to go in to see my English lecturer about an advanced assignment and she fed us all cupcakes and gave up her time for us even though she was sick! Lovely lady.

Rant: People who are too old to drive. I don't think all old people are bad drivers, but so many bad drivers are old people. Today this guy just pootled over into my lane without looking or indicating. If I'd have been in a car, he'd have smashed straight into my side. Luckily, I was on a scooter and had room to avoid him (by going in the cycle lane). Then he had the nerve to look offended when I beeped my horn to say "Hello! You're about to kill me!"
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou