Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #12531 
Sena Hansler

lol it's been a week and a half he's been like this >< And what "wrong" facts do you contribute? lol.

YAY for free tanks =D
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #12532 
GuppyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
I was on Facebook and someone else asked someone to Sadies, it is a dance where the girls ask the guys (stupid), but anyways she asked him to go with a jam jar that says something about all thw fish in the sea. Inside was a goldfish, it was terrible. On top of that everyone thought it as cute! I hope when, not if, the fish dies they get sad. I feel bad for fish that have to go through these kind of things.

Kids really need to learn how to actually care for animals and how to treat them, BTW I am about to be 16, so I see this all the tine!
Wow. If someone asked me to a dance like that (I'm in Middle School) I would refuse, and maybe tell them off about the fish.
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #12533 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
I don't know who first thought of putting fish in those little bowls.
The Chinese, in the 16th century, when they domesticated carp. :) Then they got bigger and bigger bowls so they could have bigger and bigger carp.

My rant: I really want Darcy and Jekyll to start getting along. Even better, I wish Darcy and the little boys could get along, so I could cuddle them all at once. It's not as nice not being able to cuddle my boys together.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #12534 
Bombalurina

Actually, my rant: there are chocolate gouramis in the local petshop and I want some so badly! But no tank room AT ALL. :(
And there is a white-tail spider crawling around in my bedroom. They are my only "kill on sight" spider species in Canberra. I even let red-backs live so they can eat the white tails. I need to find it so I can sleep in peace!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #12535 
Shirleythebetta

I have a bad spider phobia. I am only afraid of bee's, spiders, and praying mantis in the insect list. Bee's because I am allergic, spiders because something that size should not be able to kill a human that fast and praying mantis because I hate thier creepy little arms. :)
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #12536 
fishman12

I have a Badminton racket to kill bees with. Whack 'em hard enough and they're gone.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #12537 
LionCalie

Rant: Why can't there be that perfect little pill that will cure my Major Depression Disorder? I was the lowest today than I've been in a long time. I couldn't volunteer because I have no energy so I just pretty much stayed in bed all day. I've been on sooo many different meds, I'm sick of it!

Now it looks like I will have to change them again.

Then there is the stigma that comes with mental illness. I feel like it's a battle I have to fight in silence. Thankfully my mom is super supportive. The really unfortunate thing is it runs in our family; my brother is schizophrenic. I feel so sorry for our mother. Both of her kids will never live normal lives. We are both on disability.

Sorry for the pity party.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #12538 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Actually, my rant: there are chocolate gouramis in the local petshop and I want some so badly! But no tank room AT ALL. :(
And there is a white-tail spider crawling around in my bedroom. They are my only "kill on sight" spider species in Canberra. I even let red-backs live so they can eat the white tails. I need to find it so I can sleep in peace!
Sooo jealous, even if you can't get them. They need a pH of like 5.5 though and would die with me Dx
I have a huge thing for brown fish.
WHAT HAPPENED TO CHOCOLATE BETTA? </3
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #12539 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
The really unfortunate thing is it runs in our family; my brother is schizophrenic.
That's really vivid hallucinations right?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #12540 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
Rant: Why can't there be that perfect little pill that will cure my Major Depression Disorder? I was the lowest today than I've been in a long time. I couldn't volunteer because I have no energy so I just pretty much stayed in bed all day. I've been on sooo many different meds, I'm sick of it!

Now it looks like I will have to change them again.

Then there is the stigma that comes with mental illness. I feel like it's a battle I have to fight in silence. Thankfully my mom is super supportive. The really unfortunate thing is it runs in our family; my brother is schizophrenic. I feel so sorry for our mother. Both of her kids will never live normal lives. We are both on disability.

Sorry for the pity party.
Awh, sounds like you have to deal with a lot <3
I get what you mean about fighting it in silence. I have just a seasonal depression, my only perscription is getting enough sunlight in the winter.. but it still gets bad, I can't even imagine how you must feel some days. You just gotta keep fighting it! :)
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou