Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #12541 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I have a bad spider phobia. I am only afraid of bee's, spiders, and praying mantis in the insect list. Bee's because I am allergic, spiders because something that size should not be able to kill a human that fast and praying mantis because I hate thier creepy little arms. :)
Lol, I like praying mantises. They have such fierce little faces. I don't mind bees, either. What I can't stand are wasps. They exist to murder things and don't care who they sting. >:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
Rant: Why can't there be that perfect little pill that will cure my Major Depression Disorder? I was the lowest today than I've been in a long time. I couldn't volunteer because I have no energy so I just pretty much stayed in bed all day. I've been on sooo many different meds, I'm sick of it!

Now it looks like I will have to change them again.

Then there is the stigma that comes with mental illness. I feel like it's a battle I have to fight in silence. Thankfully my mom is super supportive. The really unfortunate thing is it runs in our family; my brother is schizophrenic. I feel so sorry for our mother. Both of her kids will never live normal lives. We are both on disability.

Sorry for the pity party.
*hugs!* Having a mental thing like that is really dreaful - most people think that because they can't see a physical manifestation of it, you must be making it up or exaggerating, or that with enough mental strength you can just "get over it". You have our support too. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Sooo jealous, even if you can't get them. They need a pH of like 5.5 though and would die with me Dx
I have a huge thing for brown fish.
WHAT HAPPENED TO CHOCOLATE BETTA? </3
These are tank bred, so they can tolerate water here. :) My water (super soft) with some peat moss in the filter would be perfect for them, though.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #12542 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
*hugs!* Having a mental thing like that is really dreaful - most people think that because they can't see a physical manifestation of it, you must be making it up or exaggerating, or that with enough mental strength you can just "get over it". You have our support too. :)
Mental disease runs in my family as well. Me and my sister both have OCD, and I have the depression and anxiety that go with it. My mom has clinical depression too.
Nothing bothers me more than people who are just like "get over it and be happy already!" Depression isn't just feeling really sad, it's more like feeling empty. You don't want to go anywhere or do anything or see anyone.You just feel like a soulless shell ... that's not something that you can "snap out" of!! >:(
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #12543 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

One of my friends got mad at me for being anti social.. after I told her at least 3 times that my depression made me like that. >___>
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #12544 
MadameDesu

You really just don't get it unless you've been there :/
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #12545 
Sena Hansler

I hate wasps. Bees I've come to like, and I'll release the bumble bees back outside if they come inside :) wasps? KILL THEM!!! KILL THEM! D: DON'T LET IT GET ME >< Bad experience with wasps -shudder- took me three years to get out of the funk, and I still freak out with wasps around. just... hold it in.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #12546 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
You really just don't get it unless you've been there :/
Right. Depression isn't something that you can just get over. It's real and should be taken seriously.
Lion Calie, I hope you start feeling better soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #12547 
Sena Hansler

I just applied for petsmart -.- in spruce grove. I WILL relocate. I HATE MY JOB I HATE MY JOB I HATE MY JOB >:(
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #12548 
LionCalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
That's really vivid hallucinations right?
Some see hallucinations, some hear voices, some experience both. There are so many other things that come into play as well. It's a very complex mental disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Awh, sounds like you have to deal with a lot <3
I get what you mean about fighting it in silence. I have just a seasonal depression, my only perscription is getting enough sunlight in the winter.. but it still gets bad, I can't even imagine how you must feel some days. You just gotta keep fighting it! :)
Thank you for the support. I always tell myself to just keep fighting it, and it really does help. I also try and keep in mind that things could be worse. Sunlight is very good for depression. On nice days I like to lay out for about 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
*hugs back* Exactly! Sometimes even my mom can have a hard time understanding it which can get frustrating. With MDD, it doesn't matter if my life is wonderful, I will get depressed without any reason. It is a chemical imbalance in my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
Mental disease runs in my family as well. Me and my sister both have OCD, and I have the depression and anxiety that go with it. My mom has clinical depression too.
Nothing bothers me more than people who are just like "get over it and be happy already!" Depression isn't just feeling really sad, it's more like feeling empty. You don't want to go anywhere or do anything or see anyone.You just feel like a soulless shell ... that's not something that you can "snap out" of!! >:(
+1 billion! I couldn't agree more. I'm sorry it runs in your family too.

I have a mixed bag of mental illness also, so I can totally relate. Major Depression Disorder was the first diagnose back when I was hospitalized for being suicidal. I'm also a self-harmer (haven't done it for months though!), insomniac, and have severe social anxiety. Fun times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Right. Depression isn't something that you can just get over. It's real and should be taken seriously.
Lion Calie, I hope you start feeling better soon.
Thank you, I'm actually feeling quite a lot better than I did earlier today.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #12549 
Bombalurina

When I was going through a pretty messed up period (not proper depression, just fairly dark times mentally) I always found sunlight and exercise helped. :) A walk out in the local reserve made me feel a bit better. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #12550 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I hate wasps. Bees I've come to like, and I'll release the bumble bees back outside if they come inside :) wasps? KILL THEM!!! KILL THEM! D: DON'T LET IT GET ME >< Bad experience with wasps -shudder- took me three years to get out of the funk, and I still freak out with wasps around. just... hold it in.
Bee: buzzes around, pollinating flowers to make food and help us out tons. Fuzzy little guys.

Wasp: flies around like a drunk, does nothin but MESS STUFF UP. I swear, wasps love watching people panic.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou