Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #12551 
MadameDesu

Sunlight is absolutely fantastic! It was sunny and warm last week for the first time since summer. I was outside literally ALL day. Really lifted my spirits :)
For those with seasonal depression, I really recommend light boxes. You sit on front of them for about an hour or so in the winter. It helps a LOT if you use them regularly :)
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #12552 
GuppyBetta

I feel bad that I can't relate to depression, because I don't have it (I'm happy I don't have it, but I feel bad that I can't be very supportive because I don't know about it). I can relate to getting crap about mental conditions though, because I have Asperger's Syndrome, so people love to assume I'm automatically "weird." Also people make fun of me because Asperger's tends to give people high energy, so I tend to fidget around when sitting for a long period of time, etc. so some kids at school like making fun of me for that, too. I just feel like people think that Autism, or any other medical condition, shapes who someone is. Like, my band played at a school talent show, and the drummer and I are pretty energetic on stage. A lot of people thought the energy was entertaining, but a few kids thought I was energetic and threw my guitar at the amps at the end of the last song (yeah, I regret that decision LOL ) because I was "autistic."

Okay, rant over. This stuff just really gets to me, so I'm sorry.

BTW: My guitar and amps still work FYI.
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #12553 
GuppyBetta

Side-Rant (not very serious): I've been listening to "Untrust Us" by Crystal Castles for about 25 minutes, and the play count is 45 on iTunes and I've only had it for a few days. MAKE IT STOP THE SONG IS TOO ADDICTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #12554 
Sena Hansler

Olympia exactly =D e had wasps about 2 inches big here... over 2 inches.... I FREAKED out. Worst part is...it...wouldn't...DIE >< I smacked it with the fly swatter it flew AT me after being hit full blown, I smacked it again, it was on the floor still moving and ready to fly again, So I grabbed a shoe and smacked it probably 5 times until it stopped moving >< aaahhhhh D:
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #12555 
MadameDesu

See, you've gotta smack it until it's incapacitated, then you pick it up in a tissue and flush it down the toilet
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #12556 
Sena Hansler

I beat the guts out of it. because it wouldn't die D: Frig we had a....hornet's nest? whatever the HUGE black and white ones are that take chunks out of ya :( In the early spring when it was still cold and frozen we took it apart and threw it out xD bwahahaha sleeping pests >.> they made me not want to go home. or sit outside.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #12557 
BettaHeart

poor bees, yeah they get a bad rep but they are very much needed, far more then the pretty bettas we all own just to look good in the tanks that sit inside our homes because they are pretty, when they should be as free as the bees.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #12558 
Sena Hansler

Hey you're in Kamloops =D any good driftwood in your parts? xD (way off topic haha)

I need to find some for my tanks. and my bf wants some for a repitle ha! Plus I wanna camp...but here it sucks and we lack awesome lakes :( I miss BC lakes...
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #12559 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Hey you're in Kamloops =D any good driftwood in your parts? xD (way off topic haha)

I need to find some for my tanks. and my bf wants some for a repitle ha! Plus I wanna camp...but here it sucks and we lack awesome lakes :( I miss BC lakes...

yeah there are some pretty neat looking ones along the river, i havent had much time to go and pick some up lately. Probably will do that today since i have my sis and oldest daughter visiting, be a nice walk.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #12560 
Sena Hansler

-gasp- now I know where I'm going for a break xDD except...that means... I'd have to take a week or 2 weeks off to drive up there and back. although I know it's only like a day and some drive ;) we've done it already. Chetwynd to Edmonton =D

Tags
bettathanyou