betta fish

Old 04-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #12611 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol, me too!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #12612 
Shirleythebetta

My mother-in-law is a nosy busy body who doesn't care what I want Do I sound like a brand new daughter-in-law or what?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #12613 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol. I went to a cousin's wedding this time last year and her husband's side of the family were a bunch of ill mannered idiots. First of all, the couple said no young children allowed at the wedding, except the ones who were part of the wedding party. His family brought several babies that made noise throughout the wedding. THEN, at the reception, they had a very nice buffet that was like $50 a plate. The groom's mother looked the food over and said she couldn't eat that stuff. It was chicken, beef tenderloin, grilled vegetables, pasta salad and some other kind of salad and rolls. So, the mother-in-law goes over to the wedding cake, BEFORE THE BRIDE AND GROOM HAD THEIR FIRST PIECE and helps herself to a big slice of it! I would have flipped my lid if that happened to me!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #12614 
Shirleythebetta

DramaQueen. I probably would have kicked her..... :P

Mine currently has chose my wedding rings for me and got mad when I turned down what she wanted. She wanted an engagement ring in silver and a band that was white gold. I know they look alike but I want a matching set. She told me that my family didn't take good enough pictures at their party and she has several friends going to take pictures at hers. She is even going to wear a corsage at this party like she is going to prom. She tryed to talk my husband out of marrying me because I don't want kids and she says he needs to find a girl that wants them now (he is only 29) She yelled at me when a payment was late on her daughters reposessed car. I went off on her when she did that. I have gotten into it with her a lot.

She didn't like what my mother picked out for my family party. It was cherry blossom themed whats wrong with that? better than the tacky crap she picked out. She is doing a cowboy themed party because my husband used to be a rodeo cowboy (rode bulls) and since I am part native america she even tryed to get me to dress up like an indian for this party! Full attire when no one else would be. I have anxiety and she would put me in a hospitol. She gets mad at me though because I am not like her kids and son-in-law. I don't let her rule me. I choose what I want to do thank you very much.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #12615 
dramaqueen
Banned

She sounds like a real witch. Wanting you to dress like an Indian? Isn't that kind of like racial profiling? She doesn't seem like she would be happy no matter who her son chose to marry.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #12616 
Shirleythebetta

Yea kind of. She would be happy if he married a woman that bowed down to her every wish. She gets mad at me because I don't take care of her grass and her garden as often as my own. She has a boyfriend that is capable of this. She is disabled and I don't expect her to do it but he should.
Her issue with me is that she can't control me. She was really mad when I quit working and went to college full time. She loves that I am in school but she didn't catch on that her son asked me to quit so I could rest my ankle (crushed all the nerves in it in an accident) for a couple of years while I get my associates degree. I don't care what she wants. She is one of those "pity me" and "take care of me" and she has illnesses that she uses to get people to do what she wants to. I would definatly say witch but thats putting it nicely. She also favors her daughter. Won't help us do anything, not that we need her but she put off OUR party for a couple of months because her daughter was in "college" She isn't in college.... She is in a 6 week class. That is NOT COLLEGE. THAT IS TRADE SCHOOL. saying that is demeaning to real college students everywhere. I don't go to school for a couple hours a week I go seven days a week (except I took a couple days for myself this weekend) she goes two days for a couple hours. Grrrrr. lol People can be abnormally stupid most days....
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #12617 
Shirleythebetta

p.s. and YES i do think that is racial profiling. Not to mention offensive and cheap and cheesy. I am not full blood. I have african, indian, Native American, white and spanish. That would make one weird outfit. omg Now I'm getting silly.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 04-08-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #12618 
MadameDesu

Oh wow ... I can hardly believe this woman! >:(
How incredibly rude, especially with the freakin Indian outfit ...

But congrats on your marriage anyways! :)
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #12619 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
Oh wow ... I can hardly believe this woman! >:(
How incredibly rude, especially with the freakin Indian outfit ...

But congrats on your marriage anyways! :)
If she wasn't trying to torture me in some ways I would worry HAHA. but seriously the indian outfit was taking things to far.
Thanks for the congrats. He is a wonderful man considering who brought him up.... She did do good at raising babies. I think she just can't see they aren't tots that need her constant guidance and protection anymore. She even got mad at me when I made my husband stop drinking. You would think a mother would love that. She got mad because I took away her bar buddy. that of course doesn't say to much for her mothering skills.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #12620 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a Spanish last name and it would be like asking me to wear a sombrero to a party. lol

Tags
bettathanyou