Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #12661 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post

oh wait...australia?? YEAH!!! xD I talked to my friend Reece, and he says it's cheaper for some of the tanks and fish/water critters there :( lucky duck. I also have a friend who has a lovely singing voice in Australia :)

Maybe Green Latern's weak spot is his arm? :/
I think we are probably about the same price as Canada. Definitely more expensive than the US. An average VT is around $9 here, if that gives you any indication. :p

Cost of living in massively on the rise, though. It's estimated that 84% or something of my generation won't be able to own their own home. :(
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #12662 
MadameDesu

$9?!!?!?!
VTs in the US are about $4
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #12663 
Sena Hansler

yikes! :/ lol I'd like to own my own home. However cannot get anywhere in this lame ol' town and everywhere else seems so darn expensive!!! 1200-1500 FOR A ONE BEDROOM apartment in EDMONTON! grr >:( rent right now for a 2 bedroom upstairs and downstairs (basement) place which is about 850 sq. ft. is 750.00

VTs are 6.00 here for males. 4.00 for females.

does it also depend WHERE in australia? Like Sydney vs a smaller place?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #12664 
Bombalurina

Rural is always going to be cheaper. Sydney is pretty expensive and traffic is hellish. Canberra (where I live) is expensive too but you don't have to pay heaps or battle a lot of traffic to get anywhere. It's got a great public transport system and a large student population, so there has to be accomodation to cater for them. The surrounding areas of NSW (Canberra is super tiny) are also nice and close whilst being much cheaper. :)

I haven't lived in Sydney/NSW proper since I was 13, so I can't really comment on that, and I don't know much about rental prices on the South, West and North coasts, either. :(

My rant: being a student at the best law university in Australia is hard. :( I was in the top 5% of the state graduating from college, but only just. Unfortunately, you have to be in that top 5% to get into law. Consequently, I am in the bottom 10% for all of my classes and I'm getting emails from the dean encouraging my to reconsider my degree...4 years into the programme.
I don't have any science skills or an interest in business - what else can I possibly do? There are no careers that I want open to someone with just an arts degree. :( I want to be a lawyer. I don't need to get super grades to be happy. I just want to graduate and find a nice job in a rural community somewhere where I can be happy and useful.

Last edited by Bombalurina; 04-10-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #12665 
Sena Hansler

yikes! tough there.

rant: you darn australians pay PER WEEK?! you're nuts I talked to my friend, and he was explaining how you can make usually 200-900 depending on the job and where you are in Australia, and he pays 140 a week for rent, his mum 220... I found places that were like....720... a week.. xD I pay like... 750 a month :p although it IS tempting plus my bf wants to move (why I dunno, to Australia? he's along for the ride and wants to )

the expensive part would be getting there.

No.... the SHIPPING for me fishies and oscar and tanks would be expensive. Almost tempted to drive and take a bloody ferry there xD (I doubt it is possible baha)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #12666 
Sena Hansler

Also I may note.... I have an Oscar, many bettas, and guinea pigs xD I hope those are allowed as pets (well obviously bettas...duh...LOL!)
Old 04-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #12667 
Bombalurina

All of the above are legal here. :p Someone once released an albino oscar into a local lake...that wasn't legal, but owning them in. No hamsters, nerite snails or ADFs allowed, though.

I do find it strange that a lot of places ask for rent per week when casual workers get paid every fortnight and professionals get paid monthly...

Rant: I really, really don't want to go to work tonight. I've had three weeks away and I have loved it.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #12668 
Sena Hansler

Huh, okay xD meh I have guinea piggies. giant hamsters xDDD

AND SHAGGY BIT ME >:( maybe it is because he IS half blind, I thought he saw me :/ -sigh- next year he'll need to be put down because we see his other eye is slowly going.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 AM   #12669 
Shirleythebetta

What the heck does weighted-average method mean! ahhhh! it's a Math nightmare.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #12670 
Sena Hansler

a wah? o_O

Eh so I think he (bf) knows I saw the messages. He deleted them (well I had to turn the darn alarm off this morning), and there "hasn't" been a message from her, and he doesn't talk about her as much. o.o My coworker/friend says to trust him, but to keep an eye on it.

Tags
bettathanyou