Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #12671 
BettaHeart

rant: friends of my sis coming around thinking its ok to be drunk and loud standing in front of my place because i wont let her have them inside, they are nothing but drunks and druggies always looking for that next bottle or hit of whatever they take. It was only once but I really hope she keeps them away after asking her to do so, i dont want to be in trouble with the landlord thinking I m the one whose keeping "friends" like that and i drink and party here. sigh.... setting boundaries is hard with family and i need her help to pay the rent...

sena : Once a cheater always a cheater, so yes trust him to keep his little secret. I dont know what else to say because alot say to "think things through, it could be a mistake, that you are over-reacting" but they are not you and whats best for you, only you know how much you can trust him and if your gut is telling you not to trust him, I would follow that internal warning.
You know where I stand on lying, manipulative men like your bf, thrown out with yesterday's trash.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #12672 
Sena Hansler

Well once he steps the lines (again) I'm gone. If I dearly regretabley had to I'd sell all tanks and fish and just high tail it to Alabama to be with my twin, and my friend Truthfully... although I'd keep a couple fish. Unless I decided to hike there but my fish would have to go to people from this forum xDD

See I find fish a problem (sorta) if I ever want to leave, I kinda can't :/ they're my roots. darn addiction!!!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #12673 
Bombalurina

I know my family aren't massively keen about me going vegan, for various reasons. The reason I want to do it is that I don't feel I can say that I don't support animal cruetly, and yet still be profiting from an industry (like dairy farming, for instance) that makes its money from animal cruelty. I don't ask anyone else in my family to make the change and I haven't preached about it. I've given my reasons when asked, but that's it. I buy my own soy milk etc. I haven't gone fully vegan yet because of the inconvenience to the family.

We have some friends of the family who went vegan a few years ago to cut all animal fats from their diets. Today my mum said to me, "At least they're doing it for a sensible reason." Argh! How is my reason not as good? I'm cutting animal fats from my diet anyway as a side-effect of my diet! Why is not wanting to support animal cruelty a stupid reason to change to what is an extremely healthy diet? >.< Grr.
Last night my supervisor asked me why I wanted to be vegan. She instantly said I'm going to be massively unhealthy and couldn't understand my reasons for changing. Her response to my explanation was, "Why don't you just eat meat?" What the hey? Did you listen to my explanation at all?

I just hate the way people hear that I want to make a choice that in no way effects them, and instantly abuse my decision.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #12674 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would eat a more healthy diet if healthy food tasted better. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #12675 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I know my family aren't massively keen about me going vegan, for various reasons. The reason I want to do it is that I don't feel I can say that I don't support animal cruetly, and yet still be profiting from an industry (like dairy farming, for instance) that makes its money from animal cruelty. I don't ask anyone else in my family to make the change and I haven't preached about it. I've given my reasons when asked, but that's it. I buy my own soy milk etc. I haven't gone fully vegan yet because of the inconvenience to the family.

We have some friends of the family who went vegan a few years ago to cut all animal fats from their diets. Today my mum said to me, "At least they're doing it for a sensible reason." Argh! How is my reason not as good? I'm cutting animal fats from my diet anyway as a side-effect of my diet! Why is not wanting to support animal cruelty a stupid reason to change to what is an extremely healthy diet? >.< Grr.
Last night my supervisor asked me why I wanted to be vegan. She instantly said I'm going to be massively unhealthy and couldn't understand my reasons for changing. Her response to my explanation was, "Why don't you just eat meat?" What the hey? Did you listen to my explanation at all?

I just hate the way people hear that I want to make a choice that in no way effects them, and instantly abuse my decision.
I always hated the mass ignorance that accompanies telling people that you are going vegetarian or vegan. I personally do not like the taste of most meats. The only thing that would be missed is hot wings and fish. I personally will not drink anything other than soy milk (unsweetened is the best). I'm too tired to make my argument, but I think you understand. Some people just cannot think outside of their little boxes.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #12676 
Bombalurina

I am not a fan of soy milk, but I'm gradually managing the transition. :p I have a cup full of hot Vitasoy Milky at the moment. Yum!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #12677 
Sena Hansler

I don't mind vegetarians as long as they don't rubbing it in my face. :/ I knew some like that. Some that really BRAGGED about being vegetarian >< then they threatened, if you dared to wear leather or fur (I won't wear fur, but leather yes), and they make fun of you for eating meat Oh, the stupid people I grew up with
I don't really eat pork anymore... I worked in a deli. And I DON'T eat processed anymore D:
(FYI, that "mock chicken" is PORK AND BACON! yuck....)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #12678 
BettaHeart

bacon .mmmmmmm...... pork chops mmmmm...
Im an omnivore, have been since i was born and will continue to be one until
the day i pass, its how i was created to be.

rant: why cant cartoons be like years ago, why cant tv shows be tv shows and not soft-core p*** ... i mean is most of the population become so disconnected from morals that people will shamelessly prance about naked and boast about their sexual activity on television not only nationally but internationally..... when i want to watch a good show i find it hard because that all most shows are which is why i have grown to watching foreign movies and i love them
i dont know maybe its only me...
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #12679 
Bombalurina

Rant: it happened again at a party last night. I didn't bring the subject up, but a friend noticed I wasn't eating the food with meat in it and asked. Immediately, I was the butt of heaps of jokes. I wasn't trying to convert anyone, look down on anyone, preach to anyone; I was just not eating meat. I explained my reasons.

I don't like preacher vegetarians any more than you guys - I don't like preachy anybody. But I also don't like being mocked and ridiculed for trying to do what I see as a good thing - it's my life, my choice, it doesn't effect them, so why do they have to try and talk me out of it, or abuse me for that decision? :(

Rant 2: Soy milk is just not my thing. I can take it on cereal, in tea and coffee (I prefer black tea anyway), but I cannot drink it. I need to find an alternative, because this is blergh. :p
Old 04-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #12680 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's no one's business what you eat or don't eat or how you choose to live your life.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou