Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #12751 
Shirleythebetta

Oh! I got fabric flowers from the family dollar and took out any stems that had any metal. I also had my husband cut me out some plexiglass squares for a base. I used some plastic flower stems and aranged it the way I wanted to and it's all held together with aquarium sealant. Put it together the way you want it and let it sit for 48 hours. With a good rinse in hot water after that they are ready to go. I loved doing it. It came out to be a pretty looking and super soft flower. You just have to make sure not to use any stems with metal centers. I can be more clear on my instructions if you send me a message I will give you more complete instructions. I also have a thread I started where I made gravel covered caves for my cory cats. You should check that out they are kind of neat. I made one big cave for my dads 55 gallon. He has a herd of corys in there I thought would enjoy it but his big butted pleco stole it!.
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #12752 
Wolfie305

I wish I've been here long enough for everyone to know the problems I have with my ridiculous mother. Need to vent.

May (college graduation) cannot come soon enough and I need more interviews for a grown-up job FAST because I can no longer live/be around with this woman.
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #12753 
Sena Hansler

lol doesn't matter if you've been here a day or a year xD rant/vent away =D

And 75'000 for balloon modelling? nuts... I'm an artsy person. It'd be fun, sure. :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #12754 
Wolfie305

Theres just too much to go back to catch everyone up on the drama xD!! It's 2am right now, but maybe tomorrow I'll do some explaining.

In a nutshell - I'm 23 and I'm still treated as though I'm 16. 1:00 curfew, have to text her whenever I'm doing something, she checks my plate to see if I ate all my dinner (really), she has a major jealousy issue with my boyfriend because I spend so much time at his house because I don't want to be around her (especially now that she recently decided to divorce my dad and take it out on everyone else). Just so much more. She always has something to complain about to me. And if she doesn't, she will find something, on purpose.

She just told me recently that she was going to start charging me rent. My thoughts on that? Perfectly understandable. Using their food, their water, their electricity, I wouldn't mind giving my parents money. HOWEVER, I told her that I get my freedom if I'm paying to live there (even hough I already pay from years of mental abuse lol). That means no curfew, I get to sleep over my boyfriend's house whenever I want, I don't have to text her every time I go to the bathroom or breathe, etc. She would no longer be my mother, she would be my tenant. This isn't asking for much, is it? Is this fair?

She basically flipped a s*** and went on about how she works two jobs (like the rest of America...I work three) and how I'm living under her roof, etc. Yeah, I'm living under your roof, but I would also be PAYING you. I'm not going to pay you to treat me like a child, sorry.

She's just an awful woman. Just a little while ago I came home from my boyfriend's (at 1:00 like I'm supposed to) and got on my laptop because I wasn't tired. She happened to be up, which she (or my dad) NEVER is because its late. She comes down stairs and yells, "How the HELL can you come home and not tell anyone you're home or bother to say hi?"

Umm, what? I've been coming home at 1:00 for like three years now and I have never once ran up the stairs, barged into your room, and said "OH HAI I'M HOME." It's 1 in the morning. Why would I do this? If I did that, you would yell at me for waking you up.

She contradicts herself so bad I can't even get into it, that's another whole story.

And its just been worse since she decided to leave my dad. SHE decided, yet she takes everything out on him (and me) and gives him crap for going out to have some fun or whatever. I want to strangle her.

So yeah, just a very small portion of my NIGHT. I can't even begin to explain the last few years (ever since I got into a seriously relationship, really).

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-21-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: profanity
Old 04-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #12755 
MadameDesu

That really stinks, Wolfie :/
Your suggestion was pretty reasonable ... maybe she just can't deal with the fact that you're getting older?
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #12756 
Wolfie305

It's partially that, but its more about her being a control freak. She has to control anything and everyone and I'm at the point where I'm old enough (and almost financially stable enough) to move out of the house, resulting in her loss of control over me.

She keeps trying to scare me into believing I can't move out because of my college loans, but if ALL of my friends and their significant others can do it (who work at Walmart, hair salons, other minimum wage jobs), Nick and I can most certainly do it with my degree and his computer/IT skills. SHe just doesn't want me to leave - because she will lose control.

As of now, because I'm under her roof and both her and my dad are helping me pay for college, I just do what she tells me (of course, nothing I (or my dad or brother) do is ever right). She pretty much dictates my entire life.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #12757 
BettaHeart

minimum wage here will be 10.25 next month.

wolfie: that kind of sounds like how my mother used to be before i moved out("sent to live with family friends in bc") when i was 17, she tried to demand that i board the next greyhound back to alberta but I told her plain and clear she was the one who didnt want me around and decided to choose her bf over her own daughter and that there is no reason for me to go back.
Since then she has tried several ways to get me to return,faking a serious illness, using my younger sisters, uncles, aunts, and cousins. But the freedom to do as i please and discover new and old things is a powerful feeling after years of mental and emotional abuse.
Things will get better and maybe find a dr who may be able to help her deal with her issues.

my mouse is the size of a golfball

Last edited by BettaHeart; 04-21-2012 at 10:39 AM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #12758 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hey Wolfie,

It sounds like your mom is a very unhappy person and she's taking her issues out on you and others around her. I know it's hard to believe now but once you're out on your own and living a better life, you'll be able look back and understand her better.

I had a horrible relationship with my father growing up and we didn't speak for 7 years. It took me being on death's door one time for him to actually realize that it was time to stop being a stubborn putz. It took a while but that incident scared the crap out of him and he started being human in small doses after that :) Today, we have a pretty good relationship because we finally understand each other.

Just realize that you're not doing anything to deserve the angst of mom and start making plans to get out on your own. You'll figure it out so hang in there in the meantime.

Hugs ( ) ( )
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #12759 
Sena Hansler

"OH HAI I'M HOME" love that part Yeah, my mother tend to be controlling. She also got mad when she wanted me to be independent, however she didn't want me to be independent! Same as rules that changed... say cerfew was.... 9 pm. Well later in the year it'd be 10pm, or midnight - and she got mad because I didn't know that. "You make up your own cerfew!" That.... doesn't make sense. Her and I will never get along, and moving out (she actually kicked me out and I had a week to find a place to go) was the best darn thing I did considering that we now tolerate each other, rather than annoy xD

It sounds like she dicates everyone's life, doesn't she? I ended up putting my foot down one day and snapped at her (which I try not to ever!) and it was alright after.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #12760 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom likes to control things, too. I'm in the role of caregivers now and sometimes I get very frustrated.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou