Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #13171 
Shirleythebetta

Ahh, the never ending parental arguments. Here's my rant about that. Parents that blame ADD, ADHD or Media on how their kids act. First off, if your kids are uneducated, undisciplined and do not get to run around and well.... be kids... they are going to be hyper and possibly uncontrollable. The media blame really gets me. I had to do a paper on a situation involving this in college.
This woman writes an article about how horrid the media is and talks about her 6, yes, 6 year old who got on the computer and found a gory cartoon. My argument is this. If you don't want your kids to be affected by the media to bad. The media isn't going to change. Sorry. If you don't like your children to watch bad shows or listen to bad music don't let them and make them play outside, do an art project or heaven forbid something educational with your child. Poor poor parents that can't rely on the television to babysit their kids and do all the education for them. They just can't muster the strength to get off their butts and teach their kids a little bit about manners or education. Tooooo bad..... Man that was way more of a rant than I wanted it to be.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #13172 
Shirleythebetta

Anyone want to do me a favor and pay my bills?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #13173 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think that sometimes parents just give in to their kids because they're tired of dealing with them. They think it's easier to give in to them than telling them no and listen to them scream. That's how my cousin was with her kids.

I have several like thatgroan...... but i dont see how since we were all kind of raised by our late grandfather who was a shaman. I had the benefit of both grandparents on both parents side .. lol.. a slight mouthful there..
when my parents mentioned grandparents and being in trouble then what i did was serious and i never did it again... it wasnt often after the first time lol

i would but i havent won the lottery yet lol... not really alot of involvement between parents and children as much as before. .. i apologize but i really had no other place to vent about people having kids then just leaving those children for dead ......

Last edited by BettaHeart; 05-27-2012 at 01:27 AM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #13174 
ao
TFK Moderator

Speaking of the gentlemanly thing, I think because women have become head strong these days and more "manly" and independant, maybe men find it harder to be gentlemanly :P this equality thing always hurts my brains.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #13175 
Neil D

yeah...there's a meme about that...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #13176 
Sena Hansler

Talk about spanking kids... The law is forcing parents t be wimpy hippy tree-hugging chicken-saving people -.- (no offense to the actual environmentalists, or anyvegans/vegetarians). What I'm saying is someone decided boo hoo it hurts? So it hurts all kids? So spankings should not be allowed? Raising your voice is not allowed?

If my kid is throwing a fit in the store, I lack the patience to do the whole "by the law": "no, no, Johnny... put that down! We'll get icecream REALLY soon okay?" bribing, sweet talk jabber that doesn't work, and only makes you lower than dirt for your kid. I'll take my kid home, they go down for a nap.

On the nap thing... My kids are getting naps. I see people with 2-6 year olds who are obviously tired, who get aggressive or grouchy because they lack the much needed sleep. This world sucks.

On that "head strong" part for women, I have to be. I can't rely on anyone here but me, myself or I. Nobody opens doors for you anymore, unless they're 40+, because they grew up with the belt or yes, switch I grew up with spankings, I'm not a rebel who smokes, drinks, cusses 100 times in a sentence, I write, I draw, I care for all animals, I've given a home to an abused dog... And now, being forced out without knowing how to do bills, or taxes, T4s, or anything I've had to be headstrong with guys messing everything up...whether roommates, friends, or boyfriends. I rarely meet actual gentlemen, or someone with common sense I'm made for a good time ago - but live in the now, where many women have to be head strong..
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #13177 
Neil D

Really deep there. Wow.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #13178 
dramaqueen
Banned

My brother had a gt once who had 2 kids. Whenever she got mad at them she'd say do that again and you're going to bed. I don't think it's a good idea to use that as a punishment. Then they won't want to go to bed at night because it's a punishment. IMO
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #13179 
Thomasdog

My rant:

Bettas:
You live in a world where there are forced marriges. Sunny - stop ignoring Sparta. It's not his fault he's dumb and won't flare, but instead just circles you unrelentlessly.

Sparta - BUILD a bubble nest already!!!!

Haha!
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #13180 
Bombalurina

Sometimes arranged marriages work out better than free-choice ones. Tell him that. :p

Rant: cold fingers. Haven't practised guitar because of uni and will get in trouble with my teacher. Headache. Worried about whether or not to neuter another three boys.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou