Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #13181 
Shirleythebetta

My in-laws again. My sister-in-law and her husband need a big lesson on adulthood. They expect my husbands mother to pay thier bills while they go out and spend hundreds on clothing and tennis shoes. They are going to kings Island this week and then proceed to tell my husband they are broke. Ehem? Anyone see the problem here?
My mother-in-law needs a smack too. She gives them money when they ask and complains SHE is broke. Hello? *knock knock* Common sense is at the door! She says that she has to because she can't stand her kid loosing her house. Personally I would let her flounder because maybe she will get a double dose of reality and learn how to take care of herself. Sometimes to help someone you have to stop helping them!
Here's a good one for my fellow betta fish lovers. I have been studying breeding habits and the equipment for breeding these fish for 2 months and my dad proceeds to try to tell me that I can't do it because it's too hard. duh it's hard but isn't a father supposed to be supportive? I am a grown woman and I have enough common sense not to breed an agressive animal without doing the necessary research and getting all the necessary tools before hand. I am still a month or two away from my comfort zone to breed but geez can you give me support for once in my life? Oh and he pulled the "throw it in a mud puddle" myth on me when I bought a couple of newbie's with him at the store and expressed concern that they were too close to the air conditioner. I was a couple of hours from home and they were in their cups. Oh and he pulled the no heater needed crap on me too. Grrr....... I just love stubborn people.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #13182 
Sena Hansler

rant: weird how we always end up short each month? or scraping by? But from what I am seeing.. I should be scraping by but he shouldn't.

Anti-rant/fixer: i do better with visual stuff anyways. Jars! :p Rent jar (190.00 biweekly), bills, groceries (50 biweekly), my phone, world vision kid, saving.

edit: Shirley: oh, THAT sounds like fun kinda like my ex telling me my bettas can be with goldfish since China and Thailand are close together? (didn't help someone on here told me they are, and Thailand isn't close enough to the equator like I said. (I said it was by the equator. China isn't.))

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 05-28-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #13183 
Neil D

RANT: Fish-in cycling. How to diagnose ammonia burn. Etc. etc. -_-
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #13184 
thekinetic

About the gentleman thing: It's hard to be a gentleman, it requires a calm temperament. I always hold doors, often to people's surprise, and always say please and thank you. It's really funny when people, who are not used to being treated with such civility, are givien a kind gesture it sort of unnerves them.

My rant: It's my youngest nephew, I heard he used a racist explicitive at school!O_O I'm glad my brother tanned his hide for it, I just don't see what to do with that boy.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #13185 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes you just have to practice tough love and let the person flounder. I have several family members who are always bailing out their kids when they get themselves in debt. One cousin's son would hand his bills to her then take off to Florida for a week of drinking and partying. How is a person supposed to learn to manage money if someone keeps bailing them out?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #13186 
Sena Hansler

When I have kids, and let's say... One breaks into someone's house and destroys the stuff and steals some items. I'm making my kid pay back every penny. I don't care if it takes him/her 'til they are 18/21. If they land in jail, they can stay in jail, if it was their fault. I'd practice really tough love on that :/ Plus my kids'll earn their toys, allowance, etc. They want that xbox360 kinnect? they'll work for it. Whether earning money themselves or doing chores for allowance
Old 05-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #13187 
Neil D

^ I had to pay for 1/2 of my laptop, and I got no birthday or christmas presents that year. I was ok with it, cos my Mac was worth it. ^_^
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #13188 
Sena Hansler

well there ya go :p To me, giving a kid everything they want is the reason you hear a kid screaming bloody murder in a store slamming his fists against the floor with a reddened face saying "BUT I WANT IT!" I broke my niece out of that silly nonsense, especially now, since she has no mum.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #13189 
bahamut285

IMHO Not a lot of girls deserve a gentleman :/

Rant: It's very hot today, so much for going on a walk :c
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #13190 
Sena Hansler

true, there are lots of nasty girls who make gentlemen into angry men :/ Heck we had one girl like that. ERRRR....two. Two. Same nickname too. "TJ" first one.... did it all with many of my guy friends who later shamefully said "I regretted that!" she dated 6 people in a week. How? I have no clue. I can barely manage dating one (hehe :3) The second one our group was so iffy about, and she was "with" two of our friends then our nice, quiet, sweetheart of a guy friend - which we all turned into ravanous bears on her >:) We weren't letting her do to him what she did to others!

Tags
bettathanyou