Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #13201 
Sena Hansler

I know right?! I don't put things in there because I am forgetful. So I'm not going to remember what someone else puts in there :/ We have tons of cupboard space - four cupboards are barely used. Plus a walk in pantry.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #13202 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wish we had a walk in pantry and a real laundry room would be nice instead of a closet.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #13203 
BeckyFish97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Talk about spanking kids... The law is forcing parents t be wimpy hippy tree-hugging chicken-saving people -.- (no offense to the actual environmentalists, or anyvegans/vegetarians). What I'm saying is someone decided boo hoo it hurts? So it hurts all kids? So spankings should not be allowed? Raising your voice is not allowed?

If my kid is throwing a fit in the store, I lack the patience to do the whole "by the law": "no, no, Johnny... put that down! We'll get icecream REALLY soon okay?" bribing, sweet talk jabber that doesn't work, and only makes you lower than dirt for your kid. I'll take my kid home, they go down for a nap.

On the nap thing... My kids are getting naps. I see people with 2-6 year olds who are obviously tired, who get aggressive or grouchy because they lack the much needed sleep. This world sucks.

On that "head strong" part for women, I have to be. I can't rely on anyone here but me, myself or I. Nobody opens doors for you anymore, unless they're 40+, because they grew up with the belt or yes, switch I grew up with spankings, I'm not a rebel who smokes, drinks, cusses 100 times in a sentence, I write, I draw, I care for all animals, I've given a home to an abused dog... And now, being forced out without knowing how to do bills, or taxes, T4s, or anything I've had to be headstrong with guys messing everything up...whether roommates, friends, or boyfriends. I rarely meet actual gentlemen, or someone with common sense I'm made for a good time ago - but live in the now, where many women have to be head strong..

My mum doesn't care how old I get, if I am wrong, or have done something wrong, I will know about it...FAST. And you know what?I respect her for it!There is no point in saying go sit in the corner, it doesn't work.Yes when we were young we had to go sit on the bottom step.For an hour or two.With nothing to do.Nobody to talk to. If we did it at the dinner table, we were sent away and could only come back when everyone else had finished.My grandpa was in the coldstream guards, he despises people who have no table manners, and cannot hold a knife and fork properly, if we were eating with him and we got it wrong, he would get a spoon and belt our hands with it!And again, I respect him for that!If we went out to a party, we were taught, always say please and thank you, never be rude, eat the healthy things as well as the unhealthy, and if I hear otherwise you will be in trouble!My brother always holds the door for people, and helps the lady trying to get the pushchair up/down the stairs, he has manners, and he always will do, because our parents word was law, and god help us if we chose to ignore them.So I say s**** the law that says no slapping legs/bottoms.If it hadn't been for my mum doing that to me, I would be a spoilt brat that didn't know any better!My rant is people who think that it is wrong to slap a child when they get something wrong.I am a child, and I'm glad my mother did what she did, because she made me a good person.

EDIT:another thing.If I got it wrong things started to be taken away from me.My favourite teddy went first, followed by the second favourite, the book I was reading.I couldn't have them back till I learnt my lesson, and trust me...I learnt it quick!

Last edited by BeckyFish97; 05-29-2012 at 05:49 AM.
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #13204 
Sena Hansler

My mom did the whole... if she bought it, she could take it. If I bought it, or a friend got it for me, it was mine. Kinda hard to buy it without allowance she slacked on the allowance and I ended up slacking on the chores Her methods I hated and I didn't respect and won't respect.

A 6 year old has a limited memory span. Say they... talked back. I was the 6 year old sent to my room for the WHOLE DAY. After that, they would ask me if I knew what I did wrong. Well... I did.... I didn't after the whole day So they'd count to three while you try to scramble your mind to find SOMETHING that was the right answer...I...stole something? no? I... Lied? no? I... by the time you get closer to what you did you got a spanking THAT is stupid.

And since I am young, I see it in my niece. Plus, when I have kids, I won't ground for the whole day unless they are actually old enough to remember and it won't be to their rooms - their rooms aught to be a sanctuary, not their jail cell. Make them do chores/homework instead of playing outside. or military-style it and have them outside for 2 minutes arms stretched to the sides holding two weights
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #13205 
dramaqueen
Banned

I got spanked and it didn't damage my Psyche. I also got a bar of soap shoved in my mouth if I used bad language.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #13206 
Sena Hansler

it was sunlight soap for me BLECH!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #13207 
Neil D

today, parents can't send kids to their rooms. (laptop, iPhone, other smartphones, iPad, books, pets...so much to do)
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #13208 
Sena Hansler

my kid won't have the world in their room the world's thata way -points outside- :p And my kid won't get a phone until they are older not...8. :o I saw some 8 year old texting and chatting on a cellphone. AN IPHONE!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #13209 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would not be giving a kid younger than 18 a cell phone or computer. I don't mean I wouldn't have one in the house, of course I'd have one but my kids wouldn't be on it all the time. What's wrong with playing outside?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #13210 
Sena Hansler

I know right? I did get a cell phone when I was...14.... but it's not like I knew anyone who had a cell phone, that and my mom monitored who I texted she had to know all the people I messaged.

Tags
bettathanyou