Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #13211 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
today, parents can't send kids to their rooms. (laptop, iPhone, other smartphones, iPad, books, pets...so much to do)
That was a point that one of my psychology professors liked to drive home. Keep your kid's room simple. If you don't, time-out won't do much good. I personally don't see the point of such a young child having all that technology, let alone in their rooms. They should get such items as NEEDED.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #13212 
Sena Hansler

My mom took away my art supplies. I didn't care for electronics as much as my drawing stuff
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #13213 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's what you do when you punish kids. Take away what they like most. No cell phone or no video games for a week.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #13214 
Bombalurina

My mum took away my books. :p

I don't understand why people want technology in their bedrooms. It's proven that it disrupts sleep patterns, plus it encourages isolation. During term-time I might sometimes go and hide with my laptop so I can study in peace, but the rest of the time I'd rather keep my work/play areas seperate. Bedroom is for sleeping and for fishes.

Rant: that crushing realisation that none of your celebrity crushes will actually ever marry you, because there is no way for you to meet them, and even if you did, they could have anybody they wanted. Also, the crushing realisation that exams start in 8 days and finish in 9.
Realist is a cruel, cold mistress.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #13215 
Shirleythebetta

[quote=Bombalurina;1099837]My mum took away my books. :p

I don't understand why people want technology in their bedrooms. It's proven that it disrupts sleep patterns, plus it encourages isolation. During term-time I might sometimes go and hide with my laptop so I can study in peace, but the rest of the time I'd rather keep my work/play areas seperate. Bedroom is for sleeping and for fishes.quote]

Yea I had a t.v. in my room since I was about 5 but here's the catch. It was black and white and got three channels. All that was ever on was M*A*S*H. I got so sick of that show and now it makes me even sicker that it's my husband's fav and he has all 11 seasons on D.V.D.

Anyway, Now I am 25 and I can't sleep without a television. So yea, my children won't have one in their room.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #13216 
Sena Hansler

I can hear the irritating buzz of ALL electronics. That includes cell phone chargers (EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee sound in the night), ipod chargers, and most TVs. And computer screens. Another reason I use a PHONE as an alarm rather than my cheap alarm clock.

anti-rant: got a pleco. BIG boy.
rant about the anti-rant: he was in a 15 gallon (he is...8 inches?) with over 30 guppies and babies. And the lady (I quote) "I come in 5 or 6 times a week to feed them, and since he cleans the tank for me I haven't had to do much else." Don't worry lady! Glad to take him off your hands! -grumble- more like save him from your hands! And might I add how black the water went with me cornering a strong, angry pleco?? FILTHY FILTHY FILTHY!!!

A pleco rant: I never knew angry plecos would NOM the heck out of the net that corners them. Note to self: keep fingers away from pet. Pet may bite.

A people rant involving my pleco: I think he has septicemia, fin rot, and someone's been munching on his fins. Oh for the sake of us all dear people, research before dee search!

I got him home in one piece
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #13217 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have my Kindle, computer and cell phone in my room and I don't hear anything.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #13218 
Sena Hansler

Lucky. I can hear up to 21kHz.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #13219 
thekinetic

I have to sleep with something making sounds, it helps keep my nightmares in check. I'm not kidding they're really bad, like post traumatic stress bad. It comes from my twisted feelings of my past and my repression of my fears, it just all has to come out somewhere.O_O

My rant I guess is my nightmares. I used to have such pretty dreams and now such terror as you would not believe. Two myths I found out is you can die in dreams (three times now) and you can feel pain (believe me impalement sucks).
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #13220 
Shirleythebetta

That really sucks. I have felt pain in dreams. Stupid though, I got bit on the foot by a duck..... woke up and my foot hurt.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote