Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #13441 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I'm lonely, My husband has been working twelve hour shifts all week and I see him about an hour a day. I am so lonely it's depressing.
You're preaching to the choir! I have been alone 29 years now and depressing isn't the word for it. I would use the word bleak, hopeless, or cruel to describe my brand of loneliness.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #13442 
Sena Hansler

-sigh- Okay, sorry but really?! Now I hate my home again. When I say NO to certain animals, or NO to how to keep them... I MEAN NO.

I understand for breeders, keeping snakes in tupperware or tubs... Similar to betta breeders keeping babies in jars... Makes sense. BUT NOT TO KEEP THEM IN PERMANENTLY. Dean wants to get two yellow carpet pythons "because they are cool" in tubs. NO. I won't have ANYTHING to do with it. I suggest getting an AQUARIUM... Him and my roomie are against that, saying they CAN be kept in tupperware tubs. For breeding perhaps, yes. Not for owning....

GRRR

And on top of that I am a bit choked because I would like to save up a down payment, and get a cheapy place to CALL HOME that isn't for rent... Or even do a rent to own basis, but obviously at this rate I am going to be doing it by myself, and live with myself, my fish, and my gecko -.- and my dog.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 06-15-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #13443 
AngesRadieux

I'm sure everyone here's tired of hearing my complain about my family. But they just make me so angry!

Today started off great. I went out fishing with my dad. We were catching tons and tons of fish. But then my mom texts me about my Grandma's birthday dinner tomorrow. Now, my family knows I work on Saturdays. This isn't something new. It's been this way for months and months. Keeping this in mind, does anyone ask me what my schedule is? When they make reservations do they ask if I can go? Nope. I just get a text "We're going here at x time". Turns out, I'm supposed to be starting a lesson when they're supposed to be at the restaurant.

I started getting all stressed out because I knew my mom wouldn't want me to not go. But I'm supposed to be working. I can't just rearrange my work schedule every time my mom plans something. Especially not on short notice. My dad tried to calm me down and said that if I couldn't change it he didn't think my mom would be too mad if I didn't go. Wrong. I got home and my dad mentioned it to her because he knew I wouldn't. She told me I have to reschedule. No can you reschedule. No what time are you working until. Just you have to reschedule because you have to be there.

I'm just so angry! It's not like it's some silly hobby. It's my job. And I've lost students in the past when I had to reschedule lessons because they didn't want to wait. My mom told me that it shouldn't be a problem because this particular student reschedules on my all the time, but that's different! They're the customer. They're the ones paying me, so I accommodate them, not the other way around. This just makes it even more clear that she has no respect for what I do. To her, it's all just some hobby. But it's not. It's a paying job.

It's not even like my aunt and uncle are only coming out for dinner. They're staying the whole weekend. And it's them, my parents, my sister, and my grandma. It's not like it's a huge crowd with a bunch of different schedules and this was the only time that worked for the majority. It wouldn't have killed them to schedule it later in the evening. It ALSO wouldn't kill them if I didn't go... For a while it looked like my aunt wasn't going to come and then my mom was flat out REFUSING to go out at all because she didn't want to take my grandma out without my aunt as backup. And then my grandma wouldn't have been able to go anywhere because she can't drive.

But I know that if my sister was working, they wouldn't tell her to change her schedule on a moment's notice. I've only ever cancelled on students twice and that was for mental health reasons. I wasn't sure I'd even be composed enough to drive that day, let alone teach. And you know what? I gave almost a week's notice and the students ended up switching teachers because they didn't want to wait. -.- So, one, I only want to cancel if for whatever reason I'm not capable of doing a good job of teaching or if some emergency comes up. Sorry. A birthday dinner that could easily be moved to a later time doesn't fall into either of those categories.

Oh! And another reason to not reschedule! The store I work at is having an open mic night where teachers, students, family, etc. can all perform. This student is considering performing. If she does, this will be her last lesson before open mic night. It's not fair to her to cancel this lesson. But my parents won't understand that because it's "just singing lessons" and "just a silly performance".

But if I tell my mom that I'm upset no one bothered to ask if I was able to go and now they expect me to change my work schedule on less than twenty four hour's notice, she'll tell me what an awful, horrible, selfish brat I am.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #13444 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't need to try and please them all the time. Just tell her no, I'm not changing the time, end of discussion. You're trying to do the responsible thing by going ahead and working with your student. If you keep missing lessons then it only makes you look bad and make people think you're not reliáble.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #13445 
AngesRadieux

I know, but my mom's been in such a mood lately. She's been yelling at me for everything. She's even gone and complained at me about stuff that happened almost a year ago. I just don't know if I can handle another fight with her. I called my student and asked if it was at all possible to reschedule. But I had to leave a message and they still haven't gotten back to me. If they can't, so be it. I'm going to work, end of story. I don't care if it's "just a voice lesson" and not a life or death situation. It's a commitment I made and it's time I'm being paid for. But I'm hoping they call me back and tell me it's okay to move it to Sunday just so I don't have to fight with my mom. I'm hoping they'll be okay with it just because I've never cancelled a lesson with them before and I've given them make-ups that I really shouldn't have given them because store policy says they should give 24 hour notice if they want make-ups and I didn't get a day's notice.

But it just really bothers me that my mom cares so little about my commitments. Yes, my hours are flexible. I set my own hours. But, once I set those hours and a student takes the time, it's done. I'm supposed to be there at that time. Yes, things happen. People get sick. Life gets in the way. Fine. But this just doesn't qualify as an extenuating circumstance. Especially because it's not like I don't see my grandma often. She lives with us. I can go and talk to her whenever I want. It's not like she lives far away and I can only see her once a month or something. And my aunt comes and visits whenever my cousins are off from school. She and my cousins stay at our house for basically the whole summer. So I just don't see why it's so important that I'm with them at that specific time on that specific day when I can see them all the time. If they want to spend time with me, they can easily do it when I'm not working.

This whole thing is just some stupid power thing. And probably part of my mom's desire to have me spent less time around music. It's driving me nuts.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #13446 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
You're preaching to the choir! I have been alone 29 years now and depressing isn't the word for it. I would use the word bleak, hopeless, or cruel to describe my brand of loneliness.
Yea, I just wish I had something to keep me occupied while he was at work. I am an artist and a hobbiest but I haven't been in the mood for all of that. Worst is he doesn't understand why I say I am lonely and calls it "complaining" I call it the truth.

Bad day today. My baby (5 year old) bro-in-law spiked a fever of 103 and I think he went to the hospitol but haven't gotten a call. Accounting has been rough but I am starting to catch on I think. I cut my stupid fingers. Both index fingers at that so I'm a bit sore typing this. My computer I just got had a virus. My mother-in-law won't listen to me about her computer and how to care for it. My teeth hurt. I have to resize the ring I picked out for my mother-in-law after waiting a month to receive it. No one wants to give me a job around her because I am a currently enrolled full time college student. Barb (male crowntail) died of velvet and my stupidity of accidently overdosing his meds by misreading the bottle.... I'm done "complaining" I feel better now.

Upside is my garden is doing good and my landlord is finally going to make the neighbors mow their lawn. Waist high grass is not good in the country. We get snakes....
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #13447 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope you're little brother in law is ok. I might try and make it to the pool tomorrow for awhile. There is a coffee at the clubhouse tomorrow but I don't wknow if I want to be around those morons.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #13448 
LyzzaRyzz

My rant is my water parameters.

I just dont understand.
my tap water is 7.8, tank water is 6.4. I add nothing but water conditioner.

And that the guppy i thought for sure was going to give birth, three days ago, has either reabsorbed her babies, or is holding out for the big tank.

My boyfriend thinks im crazy for spending $35 on an API master testing kit.

My dog is being super needy.

My AC wont work, because i have the sick tank and the birthing tank on the same surge protector. No other place to put them either.

This wensday i was supposed to get my new fishies, and the wrong person put in the fish order, and they got sturgeon, and American flag fish instead of guppies.

I think my sick molly fry has lost his tail because of the infection [which has fallen off..], but hes still alive and i dont have the heart to cull him.

I only got an 80 on my stage two test for my Veterinary Assistant certificate. I have to see if i can re take it..

My allergies are acting up, which means my ears are itchy, and i cant itch it, my eyes are dry and globby, i just cant take it any more!

my friend had a miscarriage, and i cant get to her, because i dont have a car, and my parents are always too busy. she cant come to me obviously. and i have pretty much zero friends, so i cant even ask for a ride.

my head is super itchy, and i have no idea why. probably just to annoy me.

and my awesome purple string of lights i use for nighttime suddenly blew out.
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #13449 
CreativePotato

I have really bad RLS because I have iron deficiency anemia at the moment (let's just say I blame ovaries). I hate having to flex or move my legs every two seconds.
CreativePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #13450 
LyzzaRyzz

Oh no! RLS is horrible. I get it as a symptom sometimes from my medication. what i used to do was take benadryl. It slows down your bodies reactions, and if anything, will just help you sleep through some of it. Benadryl also reduces swelling, which, in your joints, will be wonderful.

I know about joint pain. My hips are 3 cm off center, and thats alot with your skeletal structure. It means that my hips always ache, and are sore, from constant shifting. And lately my knees have been killing me. I swear i have arthritis.
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote