Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #1341 
ThePearlFish

i hate HOA'S My parent's neighborhood doesn't have one, my BF's does though. His is not so bad.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #1342 
dramaqueen
Banned

All these people care about is themselves. Our treasurer, who is a real jerk, never pays our bills on time so we always get late fees and he doesn't deposit the maintenance fee checks until the end of the month, instead of right when they're due. It messes up everyone's checkbook to have an outstanding check for about 2 weeks!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #1343 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
All these people care about is themselves. Our treasurer, who is a real jerk, never pays our bills on time so we always get late fees and he doesn't deposit the maintenance fee checks until the end of the month, instead of right when they're due. It messes up everyone's checkbook to have an outstanding check for about 2 weeks!
I gotta give one thing to them, with them in place, it brings (hopefully) less crazyness into the neighborhood, but It is like the stepford wife houses in some places. Thankfully, my BF's lets us decorate our houses the way we like and stuff. we just aren't allowed to change outside structures such as shutters and stuff.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #1344 
dramaqueen
Banned

Ours lets some people do what they want and others get in trouble if they try to do anything.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #1345 
Adastra

Ugh, I totally agree about the HOA. These are people with absolutely nothing better to do than walk around and measure the length of one person's grass against their neighbors. We have gotten nasty notices all the time while the house on end frequently had their trash strewn all across the common area behind the houses--attracting all kinds of possums and racoons to then mess up our nicely tied and canned trash. Apparently it's cool to ignore obvious sanitation issues because the grass in my yard is an inch taller than my neighbors. People seriously need to get a life.

And for my personal rant, I'd like to say that from an advocacy standpoint, this forum is a disappointing losing battle. That is all.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #1346 
bloo97

Quote:
And for my personal rant, I'd like to say that from an advocacy standpoint, this forum is a disappointing losing battle. That is all.
Everyone's a critic. lol JK

What do you mean?
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #1347 
dramaqueen
Banned

There are two different ways of answering posts. For example: "I have a male and female betta in a 2 gallon bowl. The petstore dude said they can live together. My female is laying at the bottom with torn fins and is barely moving. What do I do?'
You can either say something like this: "What are you, stupid? Don't you know that they'll kill each other? You better separate them asap!!" or you can say something like "Males and females shouldn't be housed together except for breeding purposes only. I would suggest that you separate them and put them in each in their own 2 gallon or larger."
Of course, you can't always tell reading text, if a person is really being rude or not. It's all in the way things are construed.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #1348 
BlueHaven

BLEH!!!!! -face on keyboard-
:'(

I hope it works out that I can go away for a couple days and visit a friend.
I try to do what's best for everyone else and I don't go against people's wishes, which is fine. BUT since I do this it is only fair that I should be able to, I can't do that all the time.....
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #1349 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
There are two different ways of answering posts. For example: "I have a male and female betta in a 2 gallon bowl. The petstore dude said they can live together. My female is laying at the bottom with torn fins and is barely moving. What do I do?'
You can either say something like this: "What are you, stupid? Don't you know that they'll kill each other? You better separate them asap!!" or you can say something like "Males and females shouldn't be housed together except for breeding purposes only. I would suggest that you separate them and put them in each in their own 2 gallon or larger."
Of course, you can't always tell reading text, if a person is really being rude or not. It's all in the way things are construed.
Is that the answer to my question or a rant lol.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #1350 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's kind of a rant, I guess. It's just that when people give advice, they need to approach it the right way and people who ask for advice should be careful how they take it. Like I've said before, people here are very passionate about their fish and other pets and are pretty outspoken about the treatment or mistreatment of animals.Sometimes people misinterpret this as rudeness when it's not meant to be rude.

Tags
bettathanyou