betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #13511 
Shirleythebetta

[quote=Romad;1124156]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
*RedFynn! Hi nice to see ya!

My rant-Still not catching on to well in accounting[/quote

Ugh - accounting I had no idea what it was going to be like when I decided to major in it. Hang in there.
I'm trying. It's the first thing I have had real trouble with in Math. I struggled with math but this has been the worst. but the good thing is my Proffesor is an Accountant. When you get her to stop talking in accountant language she's decent at explaining things. I'm going to start telling her to put it in dummy terms.

Sena*I feel your pain on Math. And I chose to go to Business school.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #13512 
Sena Hansler

dramaqueen the link doesn't work o_O

Shirley, lol I don't really have a career path. It's more of a... "I'm good at art. -does it-" and "I'm good with dogs. -trains them-" xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #13513 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh. Well crap. Lol I wanted everyone to see the snake my brother found in his yard.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #13514 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
dramaqueen the link doesn't work o_O

Shirley, lol I don't really have a career path. It's more of a... "I'm good at art. -does it-" and "I'm good with dogs. -trains them-" xD
You know, I was the same way. I love art. I love to draw animals and portraits mainly. I am good with training dogs too. I always went with the flow on jobs but it wasn't getting me by. But as I have gotten older (this is no shot at your age because you impress me everytime I get on here) I realized there is absolutly no market for anything like that. I have no jobs around her either. I live basically in a cornfield. Ohio is pretty much nothing but factories, beans and corn with the occasional building. So I decided I had to go back to school and get my highschool diploma. I didn't settle for a GED I was actually 22 getting a highschool diploma but hey, I wasn't to proud. That led me to college and I have to say college is probably one of the best things I have done with my life. I have had a ball learning these new skills and I have actually had a few job offers now in an area lacking in jobs. Ohio is very industrial. Just outside of my moms place there is an E85 Ethenol gas plant if that shows you how far out I am. I'm not industrial but I have worked many warehouses. I have to drive 45 minutes anyway to get to a walmart. Petsmart... about an hour. lol. I love it though.

Point is I never really had a career path either until I found it necessary to get my diploma and my degree. One day you may choose that type of path especially with the type of job offers you are getting. A degree could go a long way in that type of world.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #13515 
Sena Hansler

Lol I know there is 0 market for art unless you're freaking Da Vinci's son, related to Von Gogh at the same time -.- tch.

I have my diploma, but math is my downfall and shattered all college desires - asides from training dogs xD but rent in Victoria BC is ridiculous.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #13516 
LyzzaRyzz

Petsmart is like a brothel. So many diseases, so little time.

I bought nine guppies from petsmart during their dollar sale, and one died the first night, the next of columnaris, and one of my males started flipping about and swimming in circles with raised scales near his dorsal fin. He just spazzed out and died. Two of my females aren't acting right, and on one, I see tiny strings coming from her sides. I think it's external parasites.

Why petsmart?! Why can't you just treat your fish better? Why do you have to be a cess pool??

The only reason I went to petsmart is because my LPS hasn't gotten guppies in two weeks. I have no patience.

I bet the plecos I got will be diseased too.

I hate going to my tank to see of any symptoms of anything has shown up. It's so stressful!
And the crush of actually seeing a symptom. I've only saved one fish, and I have no idea what it was!
I try and try, but eventually, they fish succumbs or I have to euthanize.

I just want quality fish!!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #13517 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Lol I know there is 0 market for art unless you're freaking Da Vinci's son, related to Von Gogh at the same time -.- tch.

I have my diploma, but math is my downfall and shattered all college desires - asides from training dogs xD but rent in Victoria BC is ridiculous.
The thing about the U.S. or at least my school anyways, the only ones who have to take Math classes are the ones who have those types of degrees (like me). Plus mine is a private University so they choose our electives based on our degree so I am not totally sure how other schools work. We are allowed to drop classes of course but it's difficult because we have to jump through hoops to make up the credits. It's easier just to get through it. The only electives I truly had to take was a science and a basic Math refresher course which was cake. I had to take these two because it's a state law you have to take a Math and a Science.

The only Math classes I have taken are Accounting One, Basic Math and Business Math. Business Math was my favorite. I am such a nerd. Honestly I think so far college has been easier than general education all the way. It's mostly a lot of talking. If you can debate and can make your point you will do aces.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #13518 
Sena Hansler

o_o why does Canadian college sound worse??!! D: Here, what I wanted to do needed CALCULUS or ALGEBRA, even for silly things like literature, they WANT you to take a math course. x.x So, I'll write on my own time, draw on my own time, design and make clothes on my own time. Just 'cause college doesn't seem friendly to me, doesn't mean my talents need to be wasted.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #13519 
tpocicat

There are always degrees in college that has mandatory courses that don't seem to go with the degree. I think it's because they want their graduates to be well rounded.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #13520 
Sena Hansler

Well I'm a triangle :p no rounded edges haha!

my rant: people staying up until 3 a.m in the morning, awfully loud (roomie and the volunteer kid) and making me wake up cranky, tired, and still need to go to my interview at 1... And I also have doggy gobbers on my pants. ew. o_o

Tags
bettathanyou