Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #13611 
Sena Hansler

My dog decided he likes to play in water.

His water dish. We use a heavy POT indoors for a water bowl, and he STILL overturns it somehow lol! On our agenda: cheap plastic kiddy pool he can chew and splash in.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #13612 
AngesRadieux

I HATE how money-grubbing and bureaucratic colleges are! I went to the community college I'm transferring to to talk about what credits will transfer and what requirements I still need to fill. Mind, I've taken over 30 courses at my previous school and have earned 80 credits. Guess what. They take a full SIX out of over 30 courses and give me a whopping 30 credits. So they accept under ONE FIFTH of the courses I've taken. And considering I took 8-9 courses per semester, that's throwing out THREE SEMESTERS of school.

Why? Because according to the bureaucratic idiots it's against school policy to let me transfer in more than 30 credits. Oh! And my music history course, that essentially covered the same material as a western civilization course, except that it examined musical significance of events as well as historical, doesn't count as a history. -.- I'm sorry, I think talking about the papal schism, the murder of Thomas A. Beckett, the reigns of Bloody Mary and Queen Elizabeth, the role of the Catholic Church in the middle ages, etc. are all HISTORICALLY relevant as well as musically relevant. So WHY should I have to take a World Civilization course when it's going to cover all of these topics which I already discussed and learned about in another class?

AND I still have to take a public speaking class! I'm sorry. Did you miss the PERFORMING ARTS courses I took? As in, classes where I had to get up and PERFORM. You know, like, in front of PEOPLE! And what about the practicum course I took. That course where I had to get up in front of a class of children and TEACH A LESSON! Does that not count for ANYTHING? CLEARLY I know how to conduct myself in front of people after teaching in actual kindergarten to 5th grade classrooms AND getting up and performing in front of an audience.

OH! And I asked about doing a double major to get two associates degrees because almost all of the courses overlap between my liberal arts degree and the music degree I really want, but my parents won't let me continue pursuing. What do they tell me? Even though my musical education is extensive enough where they can barely offer my any music courses that it'd be worth my while to take, they won't let me transfer in enough music courses where I'd only have to finish the general education requirements. So basically, right there, they tell me it's pointless for me to try for an associates in music because I'd be essentially retaking classes just for the purpose of bureaucracy. Great. But, still, I'm a little hopeful because all the general ed requirements are the same for music and liberal arts majors and music classes can actually count as major requirements for liberal arts majors. They overlap so perfectly that there'd be maybe two extra courses I'd need to take to fill the requirements for both.

What do I find? Nooooo! Instead of just letting me do the six additional credits I'd need to fill the requirements, I'd have to take FIFTEEN additional credits JUST so they could charge me for more classes! And liberal arts and music both only have 12 credits worth of major requirements for an associates degree, so that's more than I'd need to take even if I didn't already have some major requirements for one of the degrees! The whole thing is a *bleeping* money-making policy.

So, it boils down to: I get NOTHING from my last three semesters of college except for nights spent sitting up crying, followed by nightmares when I finally do get to sleep. I can't do a double major. I have to take a bunch of requirements that my other classes SHOULD have already covered. I can't do a double major. I can't even do JUST a MUSIC major because they won't let me transfer in courses that would fill requirements, but they still say that it wouldn't even be worth it for me to take most of their music classes because they'd be too easy for me.

As if it isn't bad enough that my previous school landed me in therapy with an anxiety disorder, or that even though I hated it there I still cry whenever it really starts to sink in that I'm not going back, or that I have nightmares about my professors! Now I find out that this new stupid school won't even accept a fifth of my courses just because they want my money and are trying to force me to stay there longer, I can't do a double major, and I'm stuck at this **** community college for a whole ******* year over bureaucratic NONSENSE! AND I have to take a ******* PUBLIC SPEAKING class which is going to be nothing but a ******* thorn in my side when I was a PERFORMING ARTS/EDUCATION MAJOR at my old school!
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #13613 
kfish

I think it's pretty much impossible to go into any of the offices in a college (whether financial aid or the registrar) and not leave crying. Or at least pissed off about the stupidity of whoever you just talked to and the whole college itself.

Try to be positive about college. I share a lot of your same sentiments, though. I generally hate every minute of it. But I've made it to my last semester. You can do it!

---

As a side rant, Bank of America is retarded. It's a standard procedure that you can sign a check that is written out to you over to another person or deposit it in another person's account, etc., so long as you can prove you're the person entitled to the check.

So, I went to Bank of America to deposit a check into my boyfriend's account. The check was written out to me. They wouldn't let me give him my money! They said they only do that with Bank of America checks. Ridiculous! Additionally, they said if the check were written out to HIM I could have deposited it. So I can't determine what happens to MY MONEY but I could have determined what would happen to HIS money?! What if he didn't WANT that check deposited? Bank of America is REALLY OUT OF THE WAY for some reason in this town. So I had to drive allll the way back to Wells Fargo to cash the frickin' check... then go BAAAACKK to Bank of America and deposit the cash. My boyfriend works 7am to 7pm W-Sat and rent is due Saturday and I don't have checks. Thus the reason for my errand running for him. Ridiculous.

I had an official deposit slip from his checkbook and everything. My father does this for my mother all the time, and they don't have a joint account OR the same last name.

Last edited by kfish; 06-28-2012 at 03:37 PM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #13614 
AngesRadieux

I just hate seeing more than 80% of my classes tossed out the window like they don't matter. And she ALSO tossed out my AP Spanish exam and I had to fight with her to get her to not toss out my AP English exams and put me in the basic, entry level writing course. And the whole public speaking requirement's really making me angry. Again, I was up in front of classrooms full of children teaching. I got on stage and performed in front of an audience. I had a classes that required presentations in front of the class. I've done ENOUGH public speaking that I don't need a class on it. I don't need to get up and give speeches to learn how to handle myself in front of people. My PREVIOUS public speaking experiences were all more practical and applicable to real life, anyway.

And I'm also angry that my history class was discarded just because there was a musical aspect to it. Yeah, we studied events that had musical significance. But they were all HISTORICALLY relevant events, too. We learned about the philosophers of Ancient Greece (Pythagorean tuning, anyone?), the church in the middle ages (Gregorian chant, early polyphony, church modes, and lots more), the papal schism (each pope commissioning new musical pieces with innovative techniques in one of many attempts to prove their superiority), development of Protestant religions (new types of church music), various battles (English tempered thirds spread to France when the English conquered a region of the country), etc. And we studied all of this and more in a historical context as well as musical context. I learned more about history in that class than I did in any of my high school history classes.

And not letting me double major is just ridiculous. Especially when I've already taken the equivalent of at least half of the music classes they offer anyway AND music and liberal learning majors overlap almost completely. The "extra fifteen credits" is just complete and utter nonsense.

Oh! And they also want my high school transcripts despite the fact that I've been out of high school and in college for two years already (they have my college transcript), AND the high schools have been closed for a week now, so there isn't anyone there I can have send the transcript to them. Unless they want me to break into the school and steal the file or something, I don't know how they expect me to get them a transcript.

AND they won't let me take a real science class. The counselor is INSISTING that when I get to filling my lab science requirement I take one of their stupid "biology/physics/chemistry in life" courses. Their "real life" application of chemistry for non-science majors? Pollution and the impact people have on the environment. -.- What is this, earth science? I don't LIKE chemistry, but if I HAVE to take it, at least give me equations to balance or something. They even offer the class ONLINE and sell a "lab kit" so the labs can be done at home. Am I supposed to be impressed by chemistry "labs" that don't even require a classroom with scientific equipment? Same goes for physics. Am I a huge fan of physics? No. But if I HAVE to take it, at least give me something INTERESTING to do instead of "applying physics concepts the real world". If I'm taking a physics class, AT LEAST give me equations to play with and rearrange. Those are what make the subjects INTERESTING.

But NOPE! I'm not a science major, so no REAL science classes that have decent labs and stuff for me!

I'm probably just going to take chemistry online so I can at least do the work at my convenience instead of sitting in a classroom plotting all the ways I can kill the teacher for insulting my intelligence.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #13615 
Sena Hansler

rant: That... girl... is still obessing over my boyfriend. He hasn't been flirting with her (thank god) but she keeps trying to pull the "oh woe is me, I miss you <3" and "remember the good times...what could have been..." splattered on her facebook., OBVIOUSLY about him (even he knows it is about him).

anti-rant to that: Final facebook status (before I post it, Oh Facebook, get a life.) "I give up :("

HA. What? The poor spoiled brat realized she ISN'T going to get away with lusting after someone's else's boyfriend WHILE dating someone else? Huh. What an odd conception. Who would have known? Dean and I still have to talk about her anyways, and I will make it very very clear to him if he wants to, fine go be with the player. Doesn't mean I'll be waiting for him.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #13616 
AngesRadieux

You should point out that if she's obsessing over him while she's with someone else, what would stop her from obsessing over a different ex while she's with him? ;) Sounds to me like she just wants what she can't have.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #13617 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
rant: That... girl... is still obessing over my boyfriend. He hasn't been flirting with her (thank god) but she keeps trying to pull the "oh woe is me, I miss you <3" and "remember the good times...what could have been..." splattered on her facebook., OBVIOUSLY about him (even he knows it is about him).

anti-rant to that: Final facebook status (before I post it, Oh Facebook, get a life.) "I give up :("

HA. What? The poor spoiled brat realized she ISN'T going to get away with lusting after someone's else's boyfriend WHILE dating someone else? Huh. What an odd conception. Who would have known? Dean and I still have to talk about her anyways, and I will make it very very clear to him if he wants to, fine go be with the player. Doesn't mean I'll be waiting for him.
Whew am I glad I don't have to deal with garbage like that. x_x
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #13618 
LyzzaRyzz

I'm so glad my boyfriend doesn't have any exes like that.
But I do! I've had four different people in the last three months proffess their love for me.
It's exhausting. These are people I'd prefer to have in my life, and have made it very clear that no reason will make me leave Joe for them.
But still, I know how they feel, and it makes it tough.
Why is it that when I'm in thebest relationship I've ever had, does every joe shmoe decide noes a good time to try to **** it up?
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #13619 
Neil D

@anges,

Think of it this way, you can be really good in all the classes you have to "retake".
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #13620 
Sena Hansler

Kfish and Anges: Well my initial plan was to find her boyfriend, tell him EVERYTHING which in turn would destroy the "nice young lady"'s reputation. But he dumped her before I got a chance xD why would I do that? 1. it involved me (I'm with the guy she's wanting) and 2. cheating is wrong.

I told him I don't feel jealous when he talks to her...I don't. I did before, but I just don't anymore... No reason why apparently. BUT I did tell him I do NOT like her flirting with him, and especially vice versa.