Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #13621 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that kind of crap.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #13622 
AngesRadieux

Go ahead, dad. Talk to my sister about me in the next room. It's not like I can hear you or anything. And then play dumb and offer me a snickers and ask what I think about the health care bill when I walk in. Because I'm definitely going to believe you were talking to my sister, who doesn't care about politics at all, about a supreme court decision. And while you're at it, go ahead and tell me exactly how much you don't care that I'm upset. I love knowing how stupid you think I'm being when I'm already angry and upset. In fact, why don't you just push my buttons and make me even more aggravated? Not like I actually wanted someone to listen, or anything.

I'm so sick of it. I got a bunch of "I told you so"s from my mom earlier today when I got upset over seeing 26 courses I took, plus AP credits, thrown out the window. Because somehow hearing her say that she knew I wasn't good enough for the program I wanted in my old school is supposed to help. And then I get made fun of by my dad for being upset about having to take classes that aren't going to be any challenge for me instead of being able to take general physics or general chemistry. Because apparently it's stupid that I want to actually have to think.

And I'm just being snobbish and negative and, you know, it's not like I'm the first student to ever be upset by college policies.

I didn't SAY I was the only student upset by college policies. I SAID I was angry and upset. But APPARENTLY that's not okay! But it's perfectly FINE for my sister to roll her eyes and tell me I should be grateful that I'm only allowed to take a baby science course because if SHE was ABLE to take a baby science course she'd be jumping for joy. How's that for a ******* superiority complex? And then it's FINE for her to wander into the other room and talk to my dad about how ridiculous I'm being for being angry that I can't take challenging courses and that so many of my courses were disregarded WITHIN EARSHOT!

FINE! I GET IT! She's the ******* favorite! But why is EVERYTHING that upsets me invalid? My students are wreaking havoc on my schedule by signing up and then after the first lesson asking me to start coming in on days I wasn't originally working instead of their original lesson time? Oh, well. They're the customer and I just need to be accommodating. Huh? One of my students is a disrespectful brat, a pain to teach, and doesn't listen to a word I say? Well, it's just music lessons. I should let her do whatever she wants when she wants, and then she'll be happy. School won't even take half of your credits? Well, we told you this would happen! You should be grateful they're giving you any credits at all! You want to be challenged at school? That's silly! Take the easy classes to fill requirements and be happy!

And to think I actually wanted to talk to my mom about how I can't make myself not be upset about not going back to my old school even though I hated it there! I'd just get an earful about how I brought all of this on myself by trying to pursue music. And then they ******* wonder why I feel like they value my sister more than me. They can SAY they don't all they want, but actions speak a whole lot louder than words.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #13623 
dramaqueen
Banned

*hugs* I'm sorry.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #13624 
Sena Hansler

Anges you are having no luck :(
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #13625 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
Go ahead, dad. Talk to my sister about me in the next room. It's not like I can hear you or anything. And then play dumb and offer me a snickers and ask what I think about the health care bill when I walk in. Because I'm definitely going to believe you were talking to my sister, who doesn't care about politics at all, about a supreme court decision. And while you're at it, go ahead and tell me exactly how much you don't care that I'm upset. I love knowing how stupid you think I'm being when I'm already angry and upset. In fact, why don't you just push my buttons and make me even more aggravated? Not like I actually wanted someone to listen, or anything.

I'm so sick of it. I got a bunch of "I told you so"s from my mom earlier today when I got upset over seeing 26 courses I took, plus AP credits, thrown out the window. Because somehow hearing her say that she knew I wasn't good enough for the program I wanted in my old school is supposed to help. And then I get made fun of by my dad for being upset about having to take classes that aren't going to be any challenge for me instead of being able to take general physics or general chemistry. Because apparently it's stupid that I want to actually have to think.

And I'm just being snobbish and negative and, you know, it's not like I'm the first student to ever be upset by college policies.

I didn't SAY I was the only student upset by college policies. I SAID I was angry and upset. But APPARENTLY that's not okay! But it's perfectly FINE for my sister to roll her eyes and tell me I should be grateful that I'm only allowed to take a baby science course because if SHE was ABLE to take a baby science course she'd be jumping for joy. How's that for a ******* superiority complex? And then it's FINE for her to wander into the other room and talk to my dad about how ridiculous I'm being for being angry that I can't take challenging courses and that so many of my courses were disregarded WITHIN EARSHOT!

FINE! I GET IT! She's the ******* favorite! But why is EVERYTHING that upsets me invalid? My students are wreaking havoc on my schedule by signing up and then after the first lesson asking me to start coming in on days I wasn't originally working instead of their original lesson time? Oh, well. They're the customer and I just need to be accommodating. Huh? One of my students is a disrespectful brat, a pain to teach, and doesn't listen to a word I say? Well, it's just music lessons. I should let her do whatever she wants when she wants, and then she'll be happy. School won't even take half of your credits? Well, we told you this would happen! You should be grateful they're giving you any credits at all! You want to be challenged at school? That's silly! Take the easy classes to fill requirements and be happy!

And to think I actually wanted to talk to my mom about how I can't make myself not be upset about not going back to my old school even though I hated it there! I'd just get an earful about how I brought all of this on myself by trying to pursue music. And then they ******* wonder why I feel like they value my sister more than me. They can SAY they don't all they want, but actions speak a whole lot louder than words.
Well get a degree, get a good job, move out, and ignore your family till they get it. That or develope the funny habit of appearing to pay them compliments when you're actually insulting them, it cinfuses the stupid and comfounds the intelligent.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #13626 
dramaqueen
Banned

Anges, I don't understand why they just won't let you just be yourself and that person (you) has a love of music, which she wants to share with others.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #13627 
Shirleythebetta

AngesRadieux* College does not respect art. This is the way it is and it isn't going to change unless you go to an art school in New York or something. Also, Almost every college requires you to take an Earth science for Associates degrees. I took Earth science and had to write a High-School level paper on my thoughts on Global Warming. It was juvenile but if you want that degree you have to deal with it. Also, Most colleges do exactly what yours did with the credits. This way you are forced to either stay with your original college or pay them more money like you said. It's the way it is. Also I had to take a public speaking course too they are mandatory no matter your experience. It was actually sort of fun and I enjoyed it. Even though you have experience maybe you should just open yourself up to the class. You may learn something you didn't know. It's mostly learning the terminology though and the different types of speeches. We studied the challenger speech at one time. Also, back to the musical history thing. If a course focuses on music it is an art class not a history class no matter how much history is involved. I took a computer course and learned about the history of computers. 98% of it was the history of computers. It was not considered a history course. It was considered a computer sciences course? something like that but not history. I am sorry you are upset by college but sometimes we have to stop getting angry and deal with things as they are. Not everything can work out to everyones advantage. It just wouldn't work if somebody didn't draw the short straw.

My rant is college related to. I did bring my accounting average up to a B so far but I think it's going to drop to a C again this week with my recent two tests. I am doing good with the physical Math involved but the reading tests are getting me. I can't seem to focus. Oh well, a C is passing anyways. Also, tail bone pain from childhood injuries really sucks. I walk like I am 95. Also going to be a rough one today with all the heat. I have my interview today but I have to dress casual nice because all of my nice clothes are long sleeved or pants. Oh well, they might as well know what they are getting in the interview.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #13628 
Sena Hansler

Urg the dog, whines and barks. THAT has got to stop.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #13629 
thekinetic

Sena it sounds like your dog needs something to make it feel safe and secure. Mabey a favorite toy or a blanket it's fond of?

My rant: I have so much to do and in the few moments I have to sit down, the second I do my niece becomes little miss monkey and decides to climb on me......gotta go.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #13630 
Sena Hansler

He has those in his kennel. His kennel is in OUR room. So he can see us, smell us, has his items in there, and he still does it. I'm going to be putting him in the kennel during the day when I am home, for a little bit at a time.

Tags
bettathanyou