Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #13781 
Shirleythebetta

Hey Kinetic* You aren't alone. Many of us on here have anxiety. Me myself have been in and out of therapy since I was 15 and I was diagnosed with Dystimia, Generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. I think this is what makes this hobby and this site so important. This site allows people who wouldn't normaly approach a person speak. And these fish, they have been so amazing, always there and always needing me to clean or feed them. I have spent much time decorating and cleaning their tanks and just watching them swim. They give me something to focus on than my worrys and fears
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #13782 
Shirleythebetta

Creativepotato*much respect to you for being able to hold back and wait for your dad to tell them. My dad is rumoured to have four other kids possibly (2 girls 2 boys) and my mom isn't really brave enough to ask him about it. I also respect your mom for being so honest to you.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #13783 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom is just now starting to open up more about my dad. Apparently he had women just about everywhere he went. I might have siblings in Japan or the Phllippines for all I know.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #13784 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Last October, I found out that I have 5 younger half sisters through Facebook

My father got custody of me when my parents split up - I was only about 2 years old at the time. Apparently my bio-mom took the words "be fruitful and multiply" to a whole new level.

There are also 2 brothers that I knew about AFTER she had the five girls. My father would probably have a stroke if he found out that I knew about everyone else. At this point, I don't see the need to throw it up in his face. However, if it ever comes up in conversation, I wouldn't hide the fact that I know. I didn't have much say in the matter after all.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #13785 
dbooknook

GRR! My parents won't let me be on the computer as much anymore!
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #13786 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Apparently my bio-mom took the words "be fruitful and multiply" to a whole new level.
I have two known half brothers on my bio-moms side, my bio-dads side I have one known half brother. I'm the middle child on my bio-moms side of the kids, and she got rid of me - errrr gave me up lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #13787 
Sena Hansler

So... I came across a kijiji ad, which had 2 exoterras, 2 five gallons, 2 ten gallons and tons of stuff with them....free.

I REPLIED to the ad, I ASKED Dean to go get it, and my roomie was only there for the ride to Edmonton to get something from Big Al's. He said since he'll move out early we owe him 75.00. Which is actually his choice to move out early, and I don't recall any of my landlords saying "oh of course, here's your money back for moving out earlier than expected." Anyways, he said some of the stuff can go towards paying that off to him, and you know what? I just want this stupid ordeal to be done and overwith.

So I agreed. PROBLEM: He has MOST of the stuff. Granted, most is for reptiles which we only have two...... But between him and Dean bickering (then Dean being mad at me for letting him have so much of the stuff) I almost told them BOTH they couldn't have anything.

I went through the stuff again and took back a lot of it though. Dean is right. Plus, ONE exoterra is 75.00. I'm sure THAT is enough payment THIS is why I dislike people. My roomie says he is not materialistic or money-grubbing but he is. 150% he is. See now, I'm not. But if it is my property I'll defend it.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #13788 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Hey Kinetic* You aren't alone. Many of us on here have anxiety. Me myself have been in and out of therapy since I was 15 and I was diagnosed with Dystimia, Generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. I think this is what makes this hobby and this site so important. This site allows people who wouldn't normaly approach a person speak. And these fish, they have been so amazing, always there and always needing me to clean or feed them. I have spent much time decorating and cleaning their tanks and just watching them swim. They give me something to focus on than my worrys and fears
Mine is not caused by a disorder but the unfortunate byproduct of one. You see for the first 20 years of my life I had OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Hell in every sense of the word. At one point my anxiety was so high that I barely slept and vomited bile, which eventually burned my esophagus and made drinking even water excruciating. I did attempt suicide or at least came very close but fate intervened as the blade I held to my throat was gift from a friend and snapped me out of it.

And while I did fight ocd, win, and took my life back it has left me emotionally scarred. Imagine going through all the normal hectic angsty teenage years not only an outcast, gay, and fat but half crazy. In those years I had no peers, no one I could see like myself. Combine that with the fact I was teased by others and you can see why I have such a hard time trusting people.

But don't get me wrong I'm very kind and wouldn't hurt fly but I just have a hard time letting anyone get close, and when they do the anxiety kicks in and I often just shut off.

I'm working through it but it isn't easy. It's the last great hurdles I have to jump as I've grown up, lost weight (200lbs as a matter of fact), and admited to myself that I was gay. But social anxiety is a beast and a tough one at that.

Thank god for pets, they always cheer me up when I get down! ^_^

Last edited by thekinetic; 07-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #13789 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Combine that with the fact I was teased by others and you can see why I have such a hard time trusting people.
I know what you mean I actually dislike 98% of people And right now my roomie is that 1% more >:( He;s screwing us over, which to my bf and me is nothing new, but we're done with it, and people like that.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #13790 
thekinetic

There are just some mean people in this world. And the messed up part is they never seem to suffer for it, it's always the good people who suffer! >:(
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou