Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #13911 
Shirleythebetta

I have a stiff neck and I don't think I am going to long on to class tonight. I only have an hour anyways. The deadline is midnight. That's only an hour.

Fastenal is taking their sweet time calling me in for my second interview. I think I am going to apply some more places.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #13912 
dramaqueen
Banned

I remember this story my mom told about my dad's mother slapping him while they were at the dinner table. I may not have been born yet at that time. My older brother was around a year, year and a half old and I don;t know what happened or what he did but my dad slapped him upside the head. My grandmother tells my dad, no Bobby, not on the head! Then she hauled off and slapped my dad. lol She was one tough old lady.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #13913 
TheCrabbyTabby

Doesn't it seem like all women from previous generations are tougher and more stubborn?

My grandmother had an infection under her thumb from banging it between two pieces of wood (she was moving wood from the pile to a shed) and the pressure was unbearable. Instead of going to the doctor and paying to have it lanced and treated she used Grandpa's drill! Needless to say, she is a tough, stubborn old bird.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:08 AM   #13914 
Shirleythebetta

Yea, my grandma's were tough hillbilly women. My one grandma's tool of choice was the spatula. My other one used to lovingly refer to my grandfather as "butt head"
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #13915 
Aahnay

My grandmother did the model T ford journey from the dustbowl to calif. They ended up in sacromento. And yet, no stories were every told about this time. Not a one.

They dont start till much later. I saw a picture of her in a box, and asked who it was. She laughed and said thats me, and dropped it in the box. I pulled it out, I couldnt believe it was.

She was gorgeous!!! Standing in front of a broken down shack and child on the porch. I commented, she just laughed and put it away.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #13916 
Pataflafla

The wall that houses my two leaky dining room windows has water damage just above the baseboards. It's all bubbled out and soft.

Wrote everything down and took pictures so the landlord will fix it. I just hope it doesn't happen again since we're supposed to have rain again this upcoming weekend. Hello monsoon season.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #13917 
TheCrabbyTabby

I thought Arizona was all desert.

Okay, yeah, I know when it rains there its like the sky opens up but still, its a desert!
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #13918 
Pataflafla

It's bone dry save for like 4 days a year. From the storm on the 13th alone we got over half our annual rain fall average. Then the next day there was another storm that was even worse, but people were smarter. More rain projected on monday too.

Unfortunately, my dad kinda knew the guy that died on the thirteenth. He was the husband of one of the math teachers at the high school here, and my dad used to work at the high school as detention and study hall, so he knew all the teachers.

Also found out yesterday, that one of my friends/coworker was in a car accident shortly after the accident involving a car getting washed into the highway bridge next to my house. she was lucky and only got a few minor scrapes.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #13919 
LyzzaRyzz

THIS AD IS MY RANT! Its popping up everywhere, including TFK, and it makes me want to punch "Great Stuff" in the face.
Block Insects and Pests | GREAT STUFF? Pestblock

Those rats are fuzzy, lovable PETS, not dirty street rats that live on the street!
There is a big difference!
I get enough about having pet rats, last thing we rat lovers need is to have ads depicting perfectly clean healthy PETS as what people would think lives in a sewer!

>.<

Its everywhere!
Attached Images

LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #13920 
Shirleythebetta

I just got a wonderful quote from my new auto insurance company and they thought that my email was my "daughters". Meaning, I sound old and crusty. I don't have kids *sobs in pillow* I am only 25. lol

Tags
bettathanyou