Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #13951 
Aahnay

Nice, the one i got today, is not friendly... and still stops to flare at the thermometer lol.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #13952 
Sena Hansler

hahaha Georgie is like that xD Grumpy old man fish....
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #13953 
LyzzaRyzz

Got a tooth filling today, and had to go to work. I always need three or four shots of Novocaine, and my dentist never does it all at once. Its one shot, try to drill, me yelp, another shot, try to drill, me yelp again, cont...every freaking time!
And he cut my gum with the drill, and didnt even say anything..
I work in a very hot pizza place, and novocaine makes me irritable and sleepy..so, i wanted to punch everyone.
On top of the fact i forgot i had a dentist appointment today, so that just made it even more sucky.

And even with a simple filling [which this was not] my teeth ache and pulse with pain..i never have a good time. Even after cleanings, im wishing i had a vicodin..My dad has mine, but their in his room, and i dont know where they are, and neither do my mom. So, im miserable, and just wanting everything to go away....=[
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #13954 
Sena Hansler

Does freezing actually work to preserve a fish?! Like for the mystery disease?? -ponders- anywho anti-rant: Mayday is doing fine. Swimming about and very active o.o Won't eat, but not many bettas do the first day
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #13955 
LyzzaRyzz

Just found out noodling [catching large catfish with your feet or hands] is actually disturbing a mother catfish with eggs/babies..and when you drag them out, you kill the eggs/babies?!?
Thats horrible!
Ive always wanted to noodle, and now i dont..what a bummer...
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #13956 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope you feel better soon, Lyzz.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #13957 
Aahnay

Ah, the dentist, that just makes my mouth hurt. I too have that same ordeal, but more when i was younger, not so much now. Takes at least dble dose to put mouth to sleep.

Im told today they dont use novicaine any more but something else, but i still call it novicaine. When i was younger I used self hypnosis for the pain. Not sure i can do that anymore, havent tried forever. It worked nicely.

Its just miserable when your whole head hurts, you cant get away from it. I feel your pain too.

Fish is eating I think. I saw him suck one in, but spit most of it back out. But it was broken when it came out. These pellets are floaters, and supposed to be micro, but they look big to me.

Should i break them up?
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #13958 
Shirleythebetta

Most fish will eat them if you break them up. I just barely crush them on a clean surface with the lid top.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #13959 
toad

*sigh* why can't all animals be respected and treated with love? Why is an animal less worthy of proper care, just because it's small, or not furry, or a rodent, etc etc etc?

Why do people get animals - of any species - and then decide that it's too much work and dump them at the pound? >.< We have sooo many wonderful dogs at the animal shelter where I volunteer, who were obviously pets at some point and were abandoned or lost and never looked for. We have a cat that was surrendered because he "meows too much" o.O He's a cat - of course he meows!

Ugh :(
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #13960 
Sena Hansler

Did you know that around Christmas, Easter, and other such holidays there are tons of guineas, bunnies, chicks and even farm animals like goats that ar given to children? They end up a fad and dumped in the trash, abandoned, surrendered, etc.

Tags
bettathanyou