Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #14041 
gossipgirl1031

I get that DQ. I just recently did a "friends" clean on FB.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #14042 
gossipgirl1031

My rant of the day-stupid asthma! I've had to cancel all sorts of plans these days because of it.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #14043 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry, Gossip. I hope you feel better soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #14044 
TheCrabbyTabby

I can somewhat sympathize with you on that, Gossip. I have exercise induced asthma. I wind up feeling like I am breathing through a straw when I am doing something extremely active. Its like I can't take in a good breath at all and its very scary when it happens. Luckily it seems to go away when I stop and rest a little.

My dad is doubtful of this and claims I am just out of shape, but its simply not the case. I even had an albuterol inhaler for a while, prescribed to me by a doctor. Even with that, he was still skeptical. Then again, Dad is very stubborn when he makes up his mind.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #14045 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's terrible when parents think you're faking something. My mom gets kind of disgusted with me whenever I have something that hurts.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #14046 
TheCrabbyTabby

Tell me about it, DQ. My neck and shoulders have been hurting on and off for a little over a year now and my mom refuses to believe its anything other than the result of my sleeping position. She thinks so because the pain manifests itself when I am sleeping. I think it might be something worth getting looked at by a doctor, at the very least, but she thinks I am maybe being a tad bit of a hypochondriac. I have yet to have her take it seriously.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:43 AM   #14047 
Pataflafla

I've got asthma too. Exacerbated by exercise (I know it sounds lame, but it's true) dust, pollen, and humidity. Just not a good idea for me to go jogging at all when the temperature are actually bearable since it's always raining in the winter.

I know we recently had someone die last weekend here from heat stroke. Their body temp read at 109 and it was 113 out.

Back to asthma though, guess who just had to chase down the new dog. 20 minutes of running and calling her name and trying to coax her into the car that my sister drove after us. It's also humid out and at about 110 right now. that was about an hour ago now, but it's still a bit difficult to breathe.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #14048 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm going to unfriend some people from Facebook when we move. Apparently some people just want a long friend list. They don't comment on anything I post. I comment on other people's posts or at least "like" them all the time. I could say a tornado blew my house down and a lot of these people couldn't care less.

To be honest i wouldnt expect much from fb 'friends'. Especially those i never met in person or dont bother to call or been call to. To me fb is an application to chat and share some photos with people i cant come into contact due to distance (and frankly i believe skype is better at that). I would further elaborate that likes/dislikes are irrelevant, its the actions that count. How many of those will call you or even take their time to come to you when said tornado visits? To be honest i believe friends from this forum have more value than those on fb.

Anyway my 2 cents really so rant out//

EDIT: You guys with asthma, i know how you feel. When i was in the army there was a guy which slept on the left bunk. When it got him we were carrying immediately to the doctors. He was relegated to support duty in the end meaning he didnt do any hard work and exercise and eventually put in an office. This thing is very serious.

Last edited by Pilot00; 08-01-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #14049 
Sena Hansler

Asthma sucks. I have it mild but when it hits...yikes!

And thanks DQ I was shocked Scottie died. I mean I knew there was something like fluid build up because his eyes wavered... And thought he had to a year before major surgery... My plan was to get an exam find what was wrong and raise money for Scottie to save his eyes and possibly his life.. Guess was a bit late for that... The breeder said she was not going to check her dogs or anything. If I had a pair whose one pup had this problem I WOULD check just in case. But you know, I care more about my animals.

On a side note... White cat with green eyes calls our place home.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #14050 
tpocicat

Sena,

So sorry to hear about your puppy :'( Such a shock.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou