Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #14091 
SpookyTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Billy View Post
@SpookyTooth Thanks for taking time to type all that; it has really helped me. :) I try to tell myself that I shouldn't care what other people think about me. Like you, I have a small group of close friends and other not-so-close friends. I too am different to other children in my class; I don't care about how good my phone is, who is going out with who, etc. I think fish-keeping is a good focus for me as I used to depressed.
I'm glad I could help; it can be hard to not care what others think sometimes... I know that all too well but at the end of the day you are unique (just like everyone else ) and that is what gives this world so much vibrancy and beauty. We as humans have the ability to find miracles in the small and have an unending journey through life discovering just how marvelous those miracles are... it's just down to the individual to discover how those miracles display themselves.

I'm sorry to hear you used to know the frustrations of depression, I hope all is well now and hope good things continue into the future.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #14092 
Shirleythebetta

Kinetic* I hope you have had a better experience with religious people on here than you have in your face to face life.

I don't feel good :( And being married is overated.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #14093 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Kinetic* I hope you have had a better experience with religious people on here than you have in your face to face life.

I don't feel good :( And being married is overated.
Nah the people on here have all been friendly as can be. :D I just have the misfortune to run into those types IRL, two are inlaws...>.<....luckily my brother and his wife had a falling out with them and now they stay in WV.

I don't ever hold someone's religion against them because I know how feels to. People often don't seem to understand witchcraft and religion are not the same. I am actually politheistic, I worship the god of man, the god of wolves, and the goddess of the moon.

If anyone would care to know I believe that at man's birth the god of man made a pact with the god of wolves that he should turn over some of his sons and daughters to man to stand as our companions and we in turn would act as theirs. As well as the love story between the god of wolves and the goddess of the moon, a tragedy of being eternally apart. Indeed my religion is very complex and contains as much mythos as any other.

But still our goals are the same in that we should all love each other and through kindness and charity find inner peace.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #14094 
MadameDesu

I agree with Shirley, kinetic. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with religion and specifically Christianity.
Christians are not called to kill Muslims or hate on gay people, that's just bonker, IMHO. Jesus loves everyone and do should we, that's my 2 cents.
Don't judge us all too harshly. Most Christians are kind, decent people. As are most atheists, Wiccans, Muslims, and pagans.
I wish we could all just agree to disagree sometimes.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #14095 
TheCrabbyTabby

Did you know that Islam is not all that different that Christanity? Its actually part of the same family of religions. Its because they are seemingly "different" and extremists from their neck of the woods, claiming to be righteous Muslims, are attacking American sites that people feel the need to hate on them.

I find that this line from an animated Disney movie, Pocahontas, says it all:

"You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew."

I actually took time to learn about Islam. Its surprisingly familiar to the Christian religion I was raised up with. One almighty being creating and ruling over all that is, has been, and always will be, a mortal being created and chosen by the almighty creator and ruler to do his bidding and convert people to believe in him, and the mortal ascending into the heavenly realm of the almighty creator and ruler.

Sure there are many differences, but the basics are all the same. Heck, Islam even believes in angels and demons.

Anyways, I digress. My point of this whole post is to open your mind and look at others that are seem so radically different from you and your way of life, and see that they aren't so different than you after all.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #14096 
Sena Hansler

CrabbyTabby abou Muslim - it is true. Actually I believe in Muslim more than christianity for some things. Plus less muslims shove religion down my throat :) (no offense to the nice christians.) and my brother finally realized why I actually will listen to someone talk about muslim VS my nana LOL
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #14097 
MadameDesu

Yep, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all come from the same Abrahamic histories. Islam follows the stories of Ishmael, Judaism follows Isaac, and Christianity follows Isaac as well, but also Jesus.
I'd say there's a pretty big difference between Christianity and Islam (that Jesus was God incarnate and that faith is what saves not works), but that's coming from a Christian that has little education on Islamic religion :P
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #14098 
Shirleythebetta

Yes they all stem from the Monotheism worldview (the belief in one God)

I am not a fan of those that believe that just because they are christian (or whatever) that they have the right to tell people how to live. As a christian you are supposed to set an example of the way Jesus lived. Minus the healing and walking on water of course lol. We are all the same on the inside. It's not fair to disrespect someone because of the outside. I can't stand that *Holier than thou* attitude which makes me non-denominational Christian. I am not a member of a church and worship in my own way. Plus I don't shove my beliefs down peoples throats. If someone wants to know about God I will tell them but it isn't my place to stick my nose where is doesn't belong. *Kinetic, no matter what you believe or who you are know you are respected by your friends on this site. No matter what people see you as we see you as friend.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #14099 
Leeniex

My rant: I am never right. My tires are bald, so Husband tells me to shop around, which I do. Make an appt to get tires, and so-and-so at work says that I am paying way too much so I must be doing something wrong. It's the freaking internet and I am the queen of shopping. If he can get a "much" better price, than let the freaking guy at work take my truck and get the damn tires put on. If it were up to husband, I would never get tires because it's only my truck and not his precious Mustang.

I hate men.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #14100 
Shirleythebetta

Mine doesn't fix anything unless I complain. I feel for you. If it's his it's fixed right away. If it's mine... it can wait. I asked him 2 weeks ago to take down the shelving in the laundry room so I can paint. 1 shelf... -_-

Tags
bettathanyou