Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #14221 
Pataflafla

Just got a call about my jeep. The engine is not seized, the starter is just shot.

It'll only be costing me about $230-$250 to get it replaced and an oil change. the mechanic will also be doing a 17 point inspection to prioritize what else needs to be fixed first.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #14222 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
I looked at the main belt as best I could and it was nice and tight like usual. It's atleast not the belt in the front since that was trying to turn, but stopped after the engine gave out trying to turn over.

Hopefully it is the starter though. Or the o2 sensors. Just did a look up on the average life span, and if the ones in my jeep are still the originals, then they're at almost 3 times over.
Hmm sounds good, but some of those sensors can be really expensive, I had one that cost 300 in something.. cant remember, I just totally freaked out. Starters are much cheaper, but in some vehicles can be really a pain in the .... to get to. In my grandam, it took a friend from work all day to do it.

ohoh Great, i posted before i read above. Can you change it yourself? Ive changed the on in my truck 3 times, and tightened it 3 times.. its so heavy for me to put in .. I have to hold it up under the bottom of the truck lol. And I always forget how to do it.

If you have your manual? you know the big book? look at it, you can save a couple hundred if you can do it yourself.

So glad for you woot!

RANT! I live in southern idaho, and the air is orange, and you cant see the sky. The guy that towed my truck this am said he talked to some fire fighters and this fire wont be out till it gets put out by snow in november!!! They said they were evacuating Featherville today. I feel for thos folks there, i hope they can protect the community.

I have a kazillion things planned for the cooler weather of sept and oct and nov, and it isnt breathing smoke and choking out side. Crap! So much i need to get done... so much..

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-15-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #14223 
Pataflafla

My uncle has my book for my jeep since he's got an older version of the Wagoneer, which has basically the same layout. I'm not putting it in myself since I don't really have the time to do it, but eventually I would love to learn how.

I love working on cars and tinkering. I've been doing my own tune ups and oil changes for 3 years now. I eventually want to be able to do my own general maintenance completely and also minor repairs. I'm still stuck between going for veterinary technician and mechanic.

I should be getting my jeep back tomorrow sometime, so hopefully I'm not at work since my schedule got changed from working in the morning to working in the afternoon.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #14224 
Shirleythebetta

My husband fixed my van after the ball joint fell apart. Now the brakes are spongy -_- When they fixed the tires they did the brakes and forgot to fix the adjusters.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #14225 
Aahnay

Take it back and get that fixed Shirley.

Being a mechanic, can be grueling work, but fun, if you enjoy it...( i think i would in a big air-conditioned/heated building lol) but being a vet technician, would be easier on your body, hard on your heart, and good on your heart too.

Thats a tuff call, I often thought i should have been a vet, but alas, growing up, my parents told me woman arent doctors, only nurses, if they are really smart o.O

hehehehe, such a different and amazing world today, huh? In retrospect, I could have been a doctor, i would have loved that, and that was really what I truly wanted.

hmm be a tech, the way you love animals, you will always be at hand to help them.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #14226 
Shirleythebetta

Husband is fixing it this weekend I won't go to most mechanics anymore. That's why the tire fell off. They said they replaced both ball joints and one side falls off, hubby finds out that the other side wasn't replaced, still factory. I would sue them but the work was done before we got it. His mom gave it to us as a gift. She had the work done. She trusts mechanics over family but she doesn't understand how shady mechanic can be.

I called to make an appt at the vet. Both boys are getting fixed. I can't tolerate them marking their territory anymore my Shepard peed on my bed twice this week marking it. Along the sides too. Grrr
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #14227 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bad dogs. Lol. We don't have anyone in our family who knows anything about cars. Co.pouters, yes cars no.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #14228 
Shirleythebetta

They are terrible but the cute faces always get me. Especially my terriers underbite. He knows how to play me but I can't handle the marking.

In my family we have a little of both. Mechanics and computer geeks.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #14229 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm getting a dog when we move. I would like to get a Bichon Frise but I've read and seen for myself that they have allergy and skin problems.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #14230 
Shirleythebetta

Yea some breeds have more issues than others. Its a genetic inbreeding thing but don't take it to heart. Its more often you will get a healthy dog. Make sure you get it at the right place and have a vet check.

Tags
bettathanyou