Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #14241 
Shirleythebetta

Oh and my mom had ulcers and arthritis at 9 years old
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #14242 
Pataflafla

I got shingles at 18. That's not usually seen until 60s. My doctor was shocked when I went in after having a worsening rash for a week. She took one look and said that I had shingles (Long time family doctor, so she knew I went through chicken pox twice too) and prescribed me medication. It unfortunately didn't work since the medication is usually only effective when caught within the first 42 hours. But the vicodin did help when it hurt.

More news on my jeep:
There's a valve that's a major source of my oil leaking, fuel lines are about to go, and my transmission something or other is shot and needs to be replaced. fortunately, my dad will be paying the cost for that while I pay for the initial problem of the starter and oil change. After all this gets fixed, I shouldn't really be leaking transmission fluid or oil nearly as much.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #14243 
TheCrabbyTabby

My brother got shingles when he was just a kid, around 6-7 years old. He had gotten done with his chemotherapy, for Acute Lymphatic Leukemia, not too long before hand, and then a patch of shingles appeared on his side. It was all red and bumpy from what I can remember.

I hate to say it, Pataflafla, but you might need to bite the bullet and bid farewell to that beloved jeep of yours. Its seems like its seeing its last days now. 20 years was a good run for a jeep. The jeep my parents have is about that old and the air conditioning is shot, probably out of freon and since no one uses that stuff anymore for anything, it can't be replaced. Then its always leaking something or other, and recently, the power steering went out. My folks are just happy if it runs these days. They can't really afford to go and buy a new jeep, so yeah.

Luckily they each have their own cars, which aren't exactly fresh off the factory floor, but newer than the jeep.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 08-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #14244 
Pataflafla

Well, surprisingly, the rest of the repairs will only cost around $300.

I don't think this jeep is through yet. My uncle's in an 80s model. The engine build that mine has is one of the most reliable (Straight inline 6 cylinder). I've seen people with jeep's that have about 600k miles before they run into any sort of issue, so I think and hope mine can make it to there. I know the air condition on mine has been out since we bought it like 10 years ago, but I don't mind that. So long as the heater works, I'm fine since I can withstand heat better than cold.

The weather here is just terrible on cars because we go through extremes. summers are 120+, so oil is used up fast and winters are 40s for the most part. and there really isn't a transition period, it just kind of drops. This town is pretty much a death sentence for vehicles. If you buy a used vehicle from someone other thana dealer, it's pretty much guaranteed to never make it out of town.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #14245 
Sena Hansler

Most people are intolerable. Dean came to MY workplace flaunting a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD girl(who many ppl have said is one of the girls who screws what moves!!). He wanted to make me jealous. It doesnt haha :) it makes me HATE him. And guess what. His stuff is in MY car in MY house. Some expensive stuff he forgot. It won be worth anything after tonight. Hello, crowbar, let's take my anger out.

P.s. He did cheat. And p.s... This phone he made me get is on HIS plan. He must lack brains. He isnt getting it (as a single working unit anyways). Karma might be a B but team ME up with karma when you make such a terrible move...the apocalypse has nothing on this >:( and it takes a LOT to make me this angry. I do not remember the last time I was this... LIVID. But tonight I will have fun. I have a place to stay. I can save up to 800 a month now. I can have fun. I dont have to be "careful". And heck I will flirt with guys. Easy for me - hourglass size 3 shape, clean upkeep, and they do tend to be drawn to me. Why not have fun?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #14246 
Aahnay

Sena, lol sell the stuff on ebay or etsy, get paid for his lameness, lol.

Jeeps, cars cycles can last years and years. Sometimes it cheaper to replace the parts, then to buy used. You know what you have but that new used ... could be anything.

I bought a new used when my car was stolen, it lasted me 3 months! Blew the engine in it when it overheated sitting inline for work, and I shut if off the second I saw it, lol.

Jeeps are well made.

Hm what was the other comment.. oh pets. If those boys are over say, 9mos or so, they will still mark. They can still mark even after nuetering young @ 6 mos. Sometimes they just wont lift their leg as high, so it goes down, lol.

But i had a little tiny yorkie and he stood on his front paws to out pee the neigbors dog!!! So cute, lol.

RANT: VIRUS! VIRUS! VIRUS! All my desktop icons were unusable, had right click and use open to get them to run, and my mail? omg, all of the mail was blank but had text and web page attachments instead!!! I did a restore.. I have no idea how I got it, except i downloaded slender last night? and 7zip, but uninstalled that.

Downing slender was tricky, you have to pick the correct download button, and the first one i hit was wrong the 7zip. lol.

Illness: ack dont go there! I was sickly kid, but i think its because I had asthma and we didnt know it. I had pneumonia when i was in first grade, then all the kids things, measles, pox, then I got a piece of board shoved through my ankle in 7th grade, and got the bad blood whatever it is that hurts you liver forever... and then the next year, I got strep that went into rheumatic fever, lol.

Omg oh and I left out the tonsils part, oh and that it takes a lot of drugs to put me under then its hard to wake me up, and I shiver so hard I make the recovery bed shake so much they come running.. hahahahahah.

Shingles is very nasty... reminds me I still havent got that shot! Asthma does provide some ups to it, you get to be first in line for all the shots, lol.

Thyroid: yep mine was low in my early 20's probably had been way before we found it out. But didnt have to be on med but a few years, and then was ok.

Im really sorry your friends and family went through all that, It is tough, a pain, and slows you way down.

Oh yeah AND RANT: When my computer crashed from running 'Slendor"? I lost 3 days worth of filling in text blocks and uploading pics to Annas website, lol was posting my first plan there for a picture table, lol.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-18-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #14247 
Pataflafla

Well, a rough estimate to have everything that needs to be immediately changed comes out to about $600-$700 including what I'll be paying for the starting. I'd say that's well worth it since my jeep should run practically like new afterwards. Definitely cheaper than getting another used car, especially with all the shady people in this town.

My sister went car hunting with my dad once, and literally looked at a car going for about $800 (In town, no air, etc). While test driving it, the car died.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #14248 
Shirleythebetta

Yea I am hoping getting these boys fixed will help at least a little. One is 2 and the other is 4. I think they are having a territory war or something. I am so glad my female basset was fixed when I got her. I haven't had any accidents since I posted last so hopefully the vet will contact me soon. I think much of it has to do with my Shepard being an outside kennel dog and transferring him to a house dog. He has been in for almost a year and hasn't caught on to house rules yet. As for the terrier, He needs fixed to calm his butt down. I hope it does anyways, he has been getting agressive to, trying to bite when I unhook him from his lead. He gets excited and then bites. Not viciously but I have a 5 year old brother in law and a nephew who is 8. If he bites them I don't know what I will do. Any advice on training in that light would be wonderful. I have never had a dog with agression in any form. I hope the vet calls soon. Sigh... he's a busy country vet. He does all sizes of animals from mice to cows and horses. Only charging me a hundred to do both dogs and has been a vet for 30 years. nice.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #14249 
Pataflafla

For biting, even if it's not initially aggressive, I would be sure to snap back at him as soon as he starts to tense up. There's body language right before a dog goes to bite, so you'll just need to learn what his is. Usually it's tensing or s certain look they give you. As soon as you see him start, use either a short, sharp command, or physical force to snap him out of it.

For physical force, which should be tried after vocal, you could try for an area on his neck, side, or back leg. It should be a bit of a forceful poke, but quick also.

Unfortunately, you should have gotten both your boys fixed when they were younger. Fixing them now should calm them down a bit, but it won't be as drastic. You also need to also be assertive with them so they don't get it into their minds that they can ever be boss. Just because they aren't fixed doesn't mean they should be marking and getting aggressive.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #14250 
Shirleythebetta

I wish I would have gotten them fixed as puppy's I am kicking myself for that now.Thanks for the advice. I need to be a bit more strict with them I can see that. I got lucky with the basset. She's well behaved. The Shepard is tto other than the marking. The terrier is strong willed and the biting just started but I don't want to see him as one of those cases that gives someone stitches. I refuse to be one of those owners who notices it to late. I tryed crate training with him. It worked until we brought the Shepard in. He is so hyper. Thanks again.