Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #14271 
BettaQi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
So we went to the store today and my mom stayed in the car while I shopped. I was going to make fajitas for supper but we got home kind of late and I didn't feel like it so my mom gets mad and tells my brother I'm too lazy to fix supper. But it's ok if she doesn't feel like it because she's old. Just because I'm 51 I can't have days when I don't feel like doing stuff? I'll make the darn things tomorrow. Sheesh! And every time I get up to do something it's get me some water, bring me my glasses, bring me a popsicle or where are you going? Good grief!!!!!

*hug*

I hear you -- it's a lot to deal with.

I think your mom should just ask your brother to cook for her instead!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #14272 
thekinetic

Aww you guys make my problems seem so petty, or mabey just put me more in perspective. *hugs to all*

Dramaqueen, your mom sounds like my grandma. She complains about everyone and everything but I know she is just lonely and bored so it's ok. There are times when my mom can't stand her, but I know deep down she likes hearing all the gossip from her.^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #14273 
Pataflafla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
The brother could have the money, and is probably retired, or just retired. I know a barber and his brother that still cut at 72, they have been saving money to do something just like your guys. The oldest brother is very very slow, and the younger one is an ..... jerk.

In your case, one or both may have Alzheimer. You may be seeing the behavior of Alzheimer more than sex offender. But this is still creepy. Keep pepper spray on you and feel safer.

That cornering is terrifying. Also, its important to speak up and tell him, 'Stay away from me, Go away from me, Move out of my way, Do NOT touch me' You must let them know you dont want any contact with them.

This wierd guy could also be very nice, and if he was homeless is used to a certain, kind of contact with those he grouped with. Who knows, he mave have had friends that did call him uncle. But he is coming on way toooo strong. Older men can be that way, they were trained that way and some find it almost impossible to change.
I don't think this guy has Alzheimer's or dementia. I've seen enough cases in nursing homes and through my grandmother so I'd seen the onset of it and the long term of it. I initially gave him leeway when he walked into the apartment that maybe he was confused or did have a mental illness, but not anymore. I talked to our new manager today and he had a talk with the guy's brother.

Apparently this guy is already on strike 2 from the owners and any more offenses we are to call the police right away. Our manager was also nice enough to come and get Kaitlin every time we take our dogs out to go to the bathroom since she was singled out.

I'm really paranoid about the next three days though since I'll be taking my sister's car to Kingman and leaving her carless and alone for 3 days near this guy. My dad's already offered to stay over for those nights.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #14274 
dramaqueen
Banned

Kinetic, that is one of my mom's problems. She isn't able to walk well since her back surgery and it seems like all she does is complain. She goes in the living room and if the shades aren't down she hollers mfor me to do it. Uh, she's in there and she's physically able to pull the shades. I wish my brother was here to cook for us. He's a fantastic cook. Oh, and she complains about how the house doesn't get deep cleaned, like she used to do, getting down on her hands and knees and scrubbing the floor. Hellooo! I have bad knees that don't bend the way they did when I was 20! I've had arthoscopic surgery on both of them the last 10 years. I cannot and will not get on my hands and knees for anything if I don't absolutely have to. When I do, it hurts!! Good grief!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #14275 
tpocicat

Anti Rant: Paypal decided in my favor, I got the moeny back. The person that opened the complaint should have taken the 1/2 payment I offered, but she wanted it all, and now she gets nothing.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #14276 
SpookyTooth

I'm glad it's sorted now, tpocicat. I hope you don't have to go through that again.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #14277 
tpocicat

Thanks SpookyTooth.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #14278 
dramaqueen
Banned

Tpocicat, I'm glad everything worked out for you. Now you can put it behind you and not have to worry about it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #14279 
Shirleythebetta

So dramaqueen your lazy to eh? *rolls eyes*
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #14280 
tpocicat

I'm so glad this happened this way. Now I can concentrate on my new batch of fry.
Dramaqueen, no way are you lazy! There are times when all of us just don't want to do something. It's wrong of your mother to try to guilt you into doing something you don't want to do.

Tags
bettathanyou