Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #14331 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
No I made him mad for another reason (long story) but the reason he goes after my animals every time he is mad is because he knows how much they mean to me.

Looking at Teeney swimming around all happy and thinking about dropping her live body into the cold toilet bowl was traumatic enough. Im glad he ended up not making me do it.
Wow, frankly thats inappropriate behavior from any adult. Death is the worst form of a threat.

So, find some one that can take your fish, if it happens again. Perhaps, buy a new game, and play it constantly, talk about it all the time, get it? If you have an interest that is greater than the cat and fish, your dad will use it.

Dont talk out loud to the pets, if dad is in the house. Unfortunately, this forces you to play a very unhealthy game, and I dont even want to say the above, but for your own sanity.

Do you have any other adults you can confide in that are responsible and can help you? Teachers? But these people must never go back to him, and say what you have said.

I feel for you. I was taught to be seen and not heard, ever. Speak only when spoken too. My parents went overboard, thinking they were creating the perfect slave child.

I was so shy even around my grandparents, everyone thought it was so odd. Even my parents! By the time i hit highschool, I only had one 2 loving friends, and one moved away.

I did get a few more friends that I went through high school together, but it was hard. I was invited to be a cheer leader and declined, no way could I do that. I could give speeches, almost failed an english class cause of that one. etc etc.

It is a hard road. But, I loved going to movies, or an airport and listening to people coming and going... wanted to be a fly on the wall. Dont give up, and please get out there...

Even if you are alone out there? you can still see everything. Now in my older age, I can speak up, I can make friends, and I can be around others. But i find if im home too much alone? its gets difficult again to be outgoing.

Take care, we are with you.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #14332 
Shirleythebetta

Yea I had a "been seen and not heard" grandpa. We also had a divided "womens work" and "mens work" I didn't mow a lawn until I was moved out and in my 20's. I don't have friends other than you guys honestly. I don't like people. I like my animals. I also have social anxiety disorder so people make me uncomfortable anyways. I sometimes wish I had friends but what friend is going to be there for you like a pet? I say this only because I don't trust people. Teeney, do you feel uncomfortable around people?

my rant-my AC is acting up and it's going to cost about 200 or so to fix it. Ahh well at least the whole unit should be good for the winter. I also am way behind in my University work. It's due tomorrow and I have about 4 assignments to complete including two papers. On on Psychoanalysis. This is the method my therapist uses to treat me oddly so it shouldn't be too bad. That sounded funny.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #14333 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Yes but still my theory of exchange holds. While freedom is heaven it still comes at a price, for some that price is trivial but for those like myself the price is terrible. Perhaps I've spent too long free to remember the hell that reminded me that freedom tastes sweet.

Yup, many guns...and planning on more. My arsenal consists of a M&P 9mm, a Ruger 10/22 Carbine (a personal favorite), a Winchester lever action 30-30, and finally a Taurus Judge with the extended 6" barrel aka "Tom Noddy".

So what kind of .308, do you know?

Yes but advice often helps. Reading about other's troubles helps to put your own in perspective sometimes but knowing others care is always a good feeling.
I think it's a savage arms? If that sounds familiar. I had to get it for him he has been talking about this gun for months. He also got a bi-pod and a 2 mile scope for it. next is a strap and case. He has about 400 invested in it currently, not to bad for what it is in my opinion. He has tons of guns. One of his favorites is the Mossberg shotgun I bought him. He has a few winchesters. I wish he would finish the Arisaka that he got as a project though. I would like to see that thing in working order but the parts aren't easy to find. He fixes a lot of guns. Oh he has a 380 and his sidearm for concealed carry I think it's a 45 smith and wesson. My hubby wants a lever action 30-30. I wish you lived near us. You would definatly have a few gun buddies around here. Lol. You would be going to the range a lot. Next week is pretty cool though. He talked this older fella out of four antique hand guns (revolvers) all in working order. He talked him down to 80 for the lot. the oldest is a 1890's I think but none newer than 1910 or 20 but don't quote me on that.

My brothers new favorite gun is the russian M-91. My husbands a marksman so he can shoot just about anything well. His little bro was a sniper. He took my brother to the range and hit the target dead on from a good distance and my brother could barely hold the thing. This guy asked if he could shoot it and after says to my husband, "how can you carry that thing like its a toy man!" Hubby is 6'3 and about 350 pounds of muscle It is a toy to him.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 08-26-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #14334 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Yea I had a "been seen and not heard" grandpa. We also had a divided "womens work" and "mens work" I didn't mow a lawn until I was moved out and in my 20's. I don't have friends other than you guys honestly. I don't like people. I like my animals. I also have social anxiety disorder so people make me uncomfortable anyways. I sometimes wish I had friends but what friend is going to be there for you like a pet? I say this only because I don't trust people. Teeney, do you feel uncomfortable around people?

my rant-my AC is acting up and it's going to cost about 200 or so to fix it. Ahh well at least the whole unit should be good for the winter. I also am way behind in my University work. It's due tomorrow and I have about 4 assignments to complete including two papers. On on Psychoanalysis. This is the method my therapist uses to treat me oddly so it shouldn't be too bad. That sounded funny.
haha that did stop me.. i had to read it a couple times, lol. GET that homework done.

Sorry, Im procrastinating too, but i did get a tank cleaned, and 100 water change, now just need to do the others, lol.

Hmm I have had friends I trusted completely. In grade school, one, i loved her so much and she me. But they moved away in jr high. As I got older, I had more friends, but non as close as them.

I dont trust ppl either, my x would warn ppl, even his parents, lol saying 'no you have to prove to her' lol.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #14335 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
haha that did stop me.. i had to read it a couple times, lol. GET that homework done.

Sorry, Im procrastinating too, but i did get a tank cleaned, and 100 water change, now just need to do the others, lol.

Hmm I have had friends I trusted completely. In grade school, one, i loved her so much and she me. But they moved away in jr high. As I got older, I had more friends, but non as close as them.

I dont trust ppl either, my x would warn ppl, even his parents, lol saying 'no you have to prove to her' lol.
I am too, i get you. I have so much to do tonight. I have multiple water changes and a tank to tear down so I can put up a bigger one . I have to move furniture out of my living room and clean the floors tonight for my new furniture I just don't want to do it!

I lost many friends I had in my childhood because we went our seperate ways. Many of them grew up and are very different from me so we have literally nothing in common. They had several children with multiple men, dropped out of high school or college, married a woman beater, are on drugs, living with mom and dad... or all of the above. I can't be around people like that. Just to give you an idea how polar opposite I am to my old friends. I am a Christian University student and married with my own home and two vehicles. No kids. I wish I lived near normal people, well, is anyone truly normal?

I'll get my homework done I promise *crosses fingers and winks*
Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #14336 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't have any friends, either except on this forum. I got back in touch with a childhood friend via facebook 2.5 years ago. She lives in Cincinnati and she said when she came here to visit her mom we could get together for coffee or something. It kind of got me excited for awhile but it never happened. She keeps making excuses. I'm done waiting for her. If she wants to see me before we leave here she better do it in the next 8 or 9 months.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #14337 
Aahnay

Ah dramaqueen, sorry to hear that, its hard to see someone you havent seen forever. When I went home in i dont recall, lol 1984 or so, i guess, before you all were born? lol. I met with a girl that grew up with me in the neighborhood, we were great friends, no back stabbing, nothing.

She was the same, but different. Life had been hard on here, he whole family really. But her husband committed suicide. She was living in this huge beautiful apartment and still had the same police job she always had, but I dont know, I just didnt care to be around her that much.

I feel guilty saying that, but its true. She was alone, now too, all her family had passed, her parents, her older brother and her younger sister. Crap.. I wonder how she is now...

Ok, the point is, its tough to go back.

Shirleythebetta, lol wow you have so much to do!!!! I do to, but nothing depends on my tasks. hehehe.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #14338 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I think it's a savage arms? If that sounds familiar. I had to get it for him he has been talking about this gun for months. He also got a bi-pod and a 2 mile scope for it. next is a strap and case. He has about 400 invested in it currently, not to bad for what it is in my opinion. He has tons of guns. One of his favorites is the Mossberg shotgun I bought him. He has a few winchesters. I wish he would finish the Arisaka that he got as a project though. I would like to see that thing in working order but the parts aren't easy to find. He fixes a lot of guns. Oh he has a 380 and his sidearm for concealed carry I think it's a 45 smith and wesson. My hubby wants a lever action 30-30. I wish you lived near us. You would definatly have a few gun buddies around here. Lol. You would be going to the range a lot. Next week is pretty cool though. He talked this older fella out of four antique hand guns (revolvers) all in working order. He talked him down to 80 for the lot. the oldest is a 1890's I think but none newer than 1910 or 20 but don't quote me on that.

My brothers new favorite gun is the russian M-91. My husbands a marksman so he can shoot just about anything well. His little bro was a sniper. He took my brother to the range and hit the target dead on from a good distance and my brother could barely hold the thing. This guy asked if he could shoot it and after says to my husband, "how can you carry that thing like its a toy man!" Hubby is 6'3 and about 350 pounds of muscle It is a toy to him.
Yes savage arms makes nice mid range priced weapons, so does mossberg! Wait did you say he has an Arisaka? Does it still have the lotus mark of the emperor of Japan? I know after the war a lot were scratched off. Also not only are the parts hard to find, so is the ammo (6.5x50mm) but luckily I know who sells it Hornady still does. Of course there is a chance he has a model converted to fire the next closest ammo which is the 30-06.

Oh if I lived near yall it would be fun but I can't hit crap as my eyes aren't very good. Well the last time I went shooting they weren't, but I have glasses now so who knows. But that's why I have old "Tom Noddy", it's name sake is because a "Tom Noddy" is a dunce, and the judge fires not only .45 colts but 410 shotgun shells. Hence the name.

Edit: I know how most of you feel. I just wish I could become close with people easier but it's hard for me to trust people. My friends all moved on, all I really have is my family.

I have horrible social phobias, and despite my being a nice guy people find me creepy or scary. I'm mean if people would say hi I'd be glad to talk with them.

Last edited by thekinetic; 08-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #14339 
BettaHeart

if only people would say hi..... oh how i have wished that many times especially from family just because im the only one living in the city doesnt mean i am less important to those who just dont want to learn about the rest of the world except through biased television ....... sigh...
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #14340 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Yes savage arms makes nice mid range priced weapons, so does mossberg! Wait did you say he has an Arisaka? Does it still have the lotus mark of the emperor of Japan? I know after the war a lot were scratched off. Also not only are the parts hard to find, so is the ammo (6.5x50mm) but luckily I know who sells it Hornady still does. Of course there is a chance he has a model converted to fire the next closest ammo which is the 30-06.

Oh if I lived near yall it would be fun but I can't hit crap as my eyes aren't very good. Well the last time I went shooting they weren't, but I have glasses now so who knows. But that's why I have old "Tom Noddy", it's name sake is because a "Tom Noddy" is a dunce, and the judge fires not only .45 colts but 410 shotgun shells. Hence the name.

Edit: I know how most of you feel. I just wish I could become close with people easier but it's hard for me to trust people. My friends all moved on, all I really have is my family.

I have horrible social phobias, and despite my being a nice guy people find me creepy or scary. I'm mean if people would say hi I'd be glad to talk with them.
Amazingly the lotus mark is still there! We were shocked. It's an 1899 model and still has the soldiers numbers painted on the side of it. He paid 20 dollars for it. I think he said it needs a new stock and a firing pin. The barrel and what not are in great condition. I like that Tom Noddy thing I never heard that before.

Tags
bettathanyou