Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #14341 
Pataflafla

I've only got maybe two other friends that I feel I can confide in other than my sister. I don't go to my parents and usually not my sister either. One of those two friends I've known for 14 years now with no arguments and the other I made about 2 years ago. If I need to vent I usually just take a drive and scream and yell since it just looks like I'm singing along in the car and no one around really has to deal with the sound or yelling.

Other times I'll talk to my newer friend since we've both been through very similar events. My older best friend and I don't really talk, but when we do it's like no time has passed. I never talk about my feelings though. Just what sets me off. I bottle everything up until it explodes. As I kid I used to beat up my older sister whenever she did something I didn't like, but I've moved past that.

Even if making friends is hard, it's worth it to have even one that you can confide in. People are always going to hurt others, but you can at least find someone who doesn't want to do it intentionally.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #14342 
Aahnay

Well said!
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #14343 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have only one good friend but she lives in Indiana and I never get to see her. She came down here a mk th or so ago but didn't tell me until after the fact. She said she didn't feel good while she was here so she didn't call me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #14344 
TheCrabbyTabby

Okay, I have a rant.

Most of you should know of the little betta contest that was held on here last month. Its in the contest section, the one that starts off saying "Lets have a betta fish contest...". I thought it was a good idea. A great one actually, until the difficulties and lack of Judge participation, or any updates from them for that matter, began to happen. Sure, they had the Show results out, but only after a great amount of asking by the people who entered their bettas into the contest and wanted to know the results. They never posted the pet class results.

Then they just stopped posting on that matter, becoming very suspiciously quiet. Everyone is chomping at the bit and angry, confused, frustrated and exasperated. I am no exception. Heck, I even asked a judge and haven't even gotten a reply from them, much less an explanation.

IF your going to have a betta contest, THEN POST THE RESULTS!!!! Its been more than enough time to gather them. Its beyond rude and inconsiderate to just leave people hanging, and not even TELL them where the judging stands, let alone have them go through all the trouble of entering and such.

Might as well host a beauty contest and have the contestants fight over the tiara the way this contest is going. The judges are clearly not doing their jobs. Yeah, I know they have lives outside the forum, but they've had MORE than enough time to pick a pretty betta to be the winner of each class. Sheesh.

I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I am concerned, I am the winner of the pet class and category I entered and that's that. Give me my trophy, prize money and let's call it a day people!

End of rant.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #14345 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have only one good friend but she lives in Indiana and I never get to see her. She came down here a mk th or so ago but didn't tell me until after the fact. She said she didn't feel good while she was here so she didn't call me.
Yeah, that makes sense to me, but Id be very hurt and upset.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #14346 
Goldie2nd

Well having friends live far away does not roll well but when they just don;t show up when they said they would hurts more for sure.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #14347 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, I knew she was coming but I didn't know exactly when. She has chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia so I can kind of understand.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #14348 
Aahnay

oh lord, you know i had that about 15 years ago, and stopped drinking diet pops, it did wonders. Occasionaly, i think I have it again, but then I could just be sore.

Yeah they probably just wanted to get what then came for and hurry back home, its hard to make nice when you ache.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #14349 
teeneythebetta

Well said crabby tabby (;
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #14350 
dramaqueen
Banned

There are a lot of people upset about the contest. And if someone doesnt want to get notices when there is a post then they can always unsubscribe.

Tags
bettathanyou