Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #1431 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Rant - Headache. This stinks.

Anti-Rant - The boyfriend just made enchiladas. I love this man.
Oooh, I love enchiladas!! I'm making tacos and burritos sometime next week, I guess, for a cousin. She bought a taco kit and some flour tortillas and asked me to make some.
Purplemuffin, I sure hope Bella gets better! Poor thing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #1432 
Fawnleaf

Wow!!! You must be an awesome rider!!! How on earth do you hold half-seat (two-point?) for so long? I can't do it for more than a few seconds over a jump! But I have weak legs, so.... lol. That must be so nice! I would love to just go for a run bareback.... :D
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #1433 
Capricorn

Ughh, I just don't get it... no matter how much or often I've changed the water in the 10gal this week I can't seem to get the ammonia below .5 ppm... it looks like it's more .3ish now from my test this morning, but I did a 40% change yesterday and a 20% the day before. More changing today, I guess... have to move Stormrunner out because he's looking sickly right now, I'm assuming from the ammonia. e.e

sdkl.fghjkldfg
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #1434 
Fawnleaf

I know what you mean. I think my test kit's broken. It says my ammonia is .25 but when I changed the water it went UP to .40 It makes no sense!!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #1435 
Capricorn

I mean, I know that something IS wrong because Stormrunner is acting strangely, but it's so frustrating when you change the water and nothing is different. e.e
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #1436 
Betta Slave

He isn't my horse, he's a lease lease horse... but I like to think he's mine. He's so affectionate, and I ride him more than his owner does, so.... yeah... I'd like him to be mine, at least. I'll try to get pics when I go today :)

Jumping bareback is so much fun! :D Takes some practice though.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #1437 
Fawnleaf

yeah. I think I've only gone over poles bareback- they were hard enough at the time!! lol But it must be even more fun without a saddle, then you really feel like you are flying!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #1438 
dramaqueen
Banned

just got back from my homeowners' meeting. What a bunch of idiots! They voted to raise our maintenance fee by $27.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #1439 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
Wow!!! You must be an awesome rider!!! How on earth do you hold half-seat (two-point?) for so long? I can't do it for more than a few seconds over a jump! But I have weak legs, so.... lol. That must be so nice! I would love to just go for a run bareback.... :D
Lol when you're bareback two-point is easy! All you have to do is lean forward because you can't really stand in your stirrups at all if you don't have any...I ride bareback most of the time when I don't have a lesson and sometimes in a lesson (It was really cold on Saturday, hence my reason to ride bareback in a lesson) so I get a lot of practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
He isn't my horse, he's a lease lease horse... but I like to think he's mine. He's so affectionate, and I ride him more than his owner does, so.... yeah... I'd like him to be mine, at least. I'll try to get pics when I go today :)

Jumping bareback is so much fun! :D Takes some practice though.
Oh, I see lol. I could call Louie mine I guess...even my instructor says he's basically my horse
Of course, I get reminders that he's not mine when someone else rides him (a rare-ish event though) but no one rides him as well as me anyway.

Lol completely random but she said that for the next show I go to with him (at least 4 months XD) I can make his showname Sir Crazyhorse instead of King Louis...because really, at the show I just went to he RAN AWAY when I was hand walking him around the barn...went right over the hill and I was like, oh my god Louis. He's never going to stop! Luckily there was a fence and nice green grass. And he dragged me around the stadium and cross country courses, even after that and he was lame too (just a little bit-obviously not enough to bother him )

Rant: Alexander's sick. It might be columnaris :( ...gah.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #1440 
Fawnleaf

oh, really? I thought you had to like, grip with your knees and actually get off his back!!! lol Woops!!! Thats what I've been doing the whole time!

Tags
bettathanyou