Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #14411 
tpocicat

A+^
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #14412 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
I didn't realize how old you are. My advice maybe relevent since we are so close in age. I never really went through the self denial stage, but coming out did not go well to say the least. I am also a private person who keeps her sexual identity out of platonic zones. This does not mean I'm closeted. It simply means I don't see a reason to correct people's assumptions. Since you are already deprogrammed and you have come to terms with your sexual orientation you are not living a lie. Whether you tell your parents or not does not effect how truthful you are as a person. So in a sense, your burden is self impossed. You know your parents have all the pieces of the puzzle, so it'sno secret. But you have no idea if they want to solve it themselves, have you solve it for them, or if they want to throw it away and act as if the puzzle never exsisted.

Since I've never met your parents I don't know if they are slow learners, waiting for you to just come out and say it, or in denial. I can only assume your father is like my mother because I see so many similarities. She asked me if I was a lesbian when I was in high school. I was still trying to figure out my orientation so I said no. I wasn't lying per say, but I was mulling over the proper answer at the time. When I did figure out I was bisexual during college, I told my mom. 9 years later she still thinks I'm going through a phase. I don't think she loves me less, but she has treated me differently ever since.

I did not tell my mom I was Bi because I caved into pressure. I told my mom because I wanted her to stop assuming I was a lesbian and know I was a bisexual. Your relationship with your parents has already changed and will continue to change. That doesn't mean they don't love you. It just means they don't know how to deal with you and there is a difference. Based on your posts, since I've never met anyone involved, you may benifit from just telling them. Not to cave. Not to insure love. Only because you want to get it over with.

It doesn't matter if they want to hear it.

It matters that you want to tell them.
Yeah I need to tell them, my dad is now back aundert he assuption I'm straight. As I mentioned being alone and he started in what women want....UGH...or mabey he trying to change who knows?! I honostly would prefer shock and awe in just meeting a guy and walking in with saying hey this is my boyfriend; and just leave them what?.

Either way I going to catch hell for it.

Ps. sorry I missed your post.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #14413 
aqua001

Sorry if I'm barging in on someone's conversation but my neighbor just just informed me that she flushed her STARFISH DOWN THE TOILET SO THAT IT COULD LIVE IN THE OCEAN BECAUSE THE SEWAGE DRAIN CONNECTS TO THE OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! She kept the starfish in a bowl with some table salt mixed in and took it to the school learning fair. I am so mad at her. She is officially not my friend and never will be again.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #14414 
fleetfish

an unrant about purple carrots.

Okay. Purple carrots. I bought some this morning at a farmer's market and am currently eating them all, and only recently looked in a mirror. I have concluded upon a few things:

Never eat purple carrots when you're going out to a formal function! They turn your mouth and lips PURPLE! Purple. That being said, go nuts with purple carrots if you aren't doing the formal function. Instead, pretend you're an alien or something. Dye your pet with purple carrot juice. Or, if you're feeling really evil, bathe in it yourself and let the fun begin! The joy of purple carrots is endless, endless I tells ya!

They are also delicious and extremely healthy for you, and best of all . . . they're PURPLE!!! /end unrant.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #14415 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
Okay. Purple carrots. I bought some this morning at a farmer's market and am currently eating them all, and only recently looked in a mirror. I have concluded upon a few things:

Never eat purple carrots when you're going out to a formal function! They turn your mouth and lips PURPLE! Purple. That being said, go nuts with purple carrots if you aren't doing the formal function. Instead, pretend you're an alien or something. Dye your pet with purple carrot juice. Or, if you're feeling really evil, bathe in it yourself and let the fun begin! The joy of purple carrots is endless, endless I tells ya!

They are also delicious and extremely healthy for you, and best of all . . . they're PURPLE!!! /end unrant.

i never heard of purple carrots it does sound like fun and something my kids will like, not that they dont eat veggies, they love their vegetables but it would make dinner extra fun. question: how do they taste?
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #14416 
dramaqueen
Banned

Will it turn your hair purple? Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #14417 
fleetfish

They're a little less sweet than regular orange varieties but can be used just like orange carrots - if you want your food purple, and who doesn't! I once made a chicken noodle soup with purple carrots and the whole thing turned a deep shade of mauve. There are also white, black, red and yellow carrots. If you have a farmer's market around you might be able to get them there.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #14418 
Pataflafla

Some of my good neighbors got into an argument at 1 this morning. The guy ended up being pushed out of the apartment and locked out so he started yelling and banging on the door and window.

I totally agree that he should have been locked out though. There's a 12 year old and 4 year old in the apartment and he should not be acting like that. No idea what the argument was over or what happened afterwards, but my sister called the police and when I got back an hour later, the guy was gone and his car is still here. Thinking he might have been arrested or maybe told to leave.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #14419 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post

Ha ha ha - this is officially my favorite post of the day Thanks for the purple carrot education.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #14420 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua001 View Post
Sorry if I'm barging in on someone's conversation but my neighbor just just informed me that she flushed her STARFISH DOWN THE TOILET SO THAT IT COULD LIVE IN THE OCEAN BECAUSE THE SEWAGE DRAIN CONNECTS TO THE OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! She kept the starfish in a bowl with some table salt mixed in and took it to the school learning fair. I am so mad at her. She is officially not my friend and never will be again.
What the (censored)?!!! Please for the love of fish at least inform her that the sewage line leads to a treatment plant where solids are removed and burned or otherwise processed and destroyed!!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou