Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #14421 
teeneythebetta

had an EFFED UP freaking day. I hate to sound like a dramatic teenager but I just hate life right now.

First, this. -- http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....39#post1223339

Second, my 14 year old dog's health is rapidly declining, he doesnt have much longer

And my freaking dad wants a freaking puppy. He doesnt properly vet our current dogs. A couple weeks ago he saw a freaking LPS with a "puppies" sign and found a min pin. THAT IS A PUPPY MILL PUPPY. Good breeders dont put pups in pet stores. BYBers wouldnt put them in pet stores. And now he is looking all over puppy finder. UGH. I tried telling him that is a puppy mill pup but all he does is ignore me and tell me im wrong because hes older and smarter, im younger and stupid.
My mom is on the same "side" as me so they are arguing. My dad is being extremely immature about the whole situation and acting childish. Its just ridiculous.

I CANT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #14422 
dramaqueen
Banned

Believing that flushing a starfish down the toilet sends it to the ocean is at the height of stupidity.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #14423 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, Teeney, I'm just ... speechless! I can't believe your dad would be so mean. You know you're more than welcome to stay on the forum even if you don't have fish. *hugs*
Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #14424 
Pataflafla

If I'm supposed to pay my rent before or on the first of the month, it would be really nice of the managers would be home for some part of the day so I could pay. I've been waiting all day and checking constantly with no luck.

At least I've gotten the good news that my friend who broke his back in a car accident is doing better and should be home within a few days.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #14425 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Shirleythebetta-

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Ridiculous that someone would think that someone else should be responsible for THEIR child.

As for their dog, ugh. This is one of the reasons people hate the breed. Because of owners like this! I hope that they come to their senses before something bar happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Daisy is really a sweet dog. If I didn't have three I would take her. She is just really hyper and has no discipline. She scared the crap out of my husband the other day. She ran up on him in the dark night when he was leaving for work. Found out they had her on a lead and a choke chain and they couldn't believe she broke it. She's a young, strong pit. They can't match her energy and control her strength. She doesnt even go on walks. I worry abt the home they will get her though. Likely the first one that wants her
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #14426 
AngesRadieux

School's starting in a few days. It's finally sinking in that I'm not going back to my old school. I should be happy because I was miserable there, but I'm just absolutely miserable now. I feel like an absolute failure. Logically, I know that there's nothing wrong with going to a community college. I have a friend who also goes there and I don't think any less of her. But I just keep coming up with a list of reasons why going to a community college makes me stupid. Right now it's my only option. She started going there with the intention to transfer elsewhere eventually. I transferred to the community school. My sister is at a better school. Even if I do get A's, they'll only be A's from the local community college and won't mean anything. My mom will still get super excited over my sister's grades and be annoyed at me for not being happy for my sister. The list just goes on and on.

I haven't ordered my textbooks yet in part because it just seems too final. I haven't gone to the campus to find the buildings my classes are going to be in because I don't think I can handle that. And I know it's ridiculous, but I just hate the idea of going there more than anything. Everything about it just feels wrong. Two of my classes are basic, 100 level classes where I'll be surrounded by a bunch of freshmen who think they're still in high school. I've been told by faculty and students that a lot of people at this particular college seem to think they're still high school students. I only have four classes. I'm used to taking between 8 and 10. I don't have a single 300 level class--apparently the school doesn't even offer 300 level classes!

The last few times I was on campus to deal with registration stuff, I cringed every time I saw someone I knew in high school who I thought might recognize me because I just feel so stupid and inadequate for transferring there. And I've hated every faculty member I've come into contact with so far. And no amount of good grades are going to matter, just like they didn't matter at my old school! As far as my parents were concerned, A's and B's at my old school were just A's and B's in music classes. My sister's good grades were in real classes. And now it's going to be just the same except now it's just good grades at a community school.

I'm going completely out of my mind. And when I tried talking to my dad about it he just didn't get it! First he thought I was stressing because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle the classes. Then he tried telling me that I needed to think about what I thought of my classes instead of what my mom thinks. But I just can't do that. I can't make it stop hurting when my whole family goes gaga over everything my sister does and then acts like what I do doesn't matter. And he does it, too, even though he likes to act like he doesn't.

And my mom's latest and greatest line? "You have to be happy for your sister and celebrate her successes even though you aren't having any. You're at a dry point in your life right now and she isn't. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be happy for her."

I'm just going absolutely insane and I don't see it getting any better in the foreseeable future.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #14427 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
School's starting in a few days. It's finally sinking in that I'm not going back to my old school. I should be happy because I was miserable there, but I'm just absolutely miserable now. I feel like an absolute failure. Logically, I know that there's nothing wrong with going to a community college. I have a friend who also goes there and I don't think any less of her. But I just keep coming up with a list of reasons why going to a community college makes me stupid. Right now it's my only option. She started going there with the intention to transfer elsewhere eventually. I transferred to the community school. My sister is at a better school. Even if I do get A's, they'll only be A's from the local community college and won't mean anything. My mom will still get super excited over my sister's grades and be annoyed at me for not being happy for my sister. The list just goes on and on.

I haven't ordered my textbooks yet in part because it just seems too final. I haven't gone to the campus to find the buildings my classes are going to be in because I don't think I can handle that. And I know it's ridiculous, but I just hate the idea of going there more than anything. Everything about it just feels wrong. Two of my classes are basic, 100 level classes where I'll be surrounded by a bunch of freshmen who think they're still in high school. I've been told by faculty and students that a lot of people at this particular college seem to think they're still high school students. I only have four classes. I'm used to taking between 8 and 10. I don't have a single 300 level class--apparently the school doesn't even offer 300 level classes!

The last few times I was on campus to deal with registration stuff, I cringed every time I saw someone I knew in high school who I thought might recognize me because I just feel so stupid and inadequate for transferring there. And I've hated every faculty member I've come into contact with so far. And no amount of good grades are going to matter, just like they didn't matter at my old school! As far as my parents were concerned, A's and B's at my old school were just A's and B's in music classes. My sister's good grades were in real classes. And now it's going to be just the same except now it's just good grades at a community school.

I'm going completely out of my mind. And when I tried talking to my dad about it he just didn't get it! First he thought I was stressing because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle the classes. Then he tried telling me that I needed to think about what I thought of my classes instead of what my mom thinks. But I just can't do that. I can't make it stop hurting when my whole family goes gaga over everything my sister does and then acts like what I do doesn't matter. And he does it, too, even though he likes to act like he doesn't.

And my mom's latest and greatest line? "You have to be happy for your sister and celebrate her successes even though you aren't having any. You're at a dry point in your life right now and she isn't. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be happy for her."

I'm just going absolutely insane and I don't see it getting any better in the foreseeable future.
Your mother really knows how to make you feel good about yourself, doesn't she?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #14428 
fishman12

Homework. High school. Biology.

hfouihfoejfioefjioehvgjfhgfdhjd
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #14429 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Yeah I need to tell them, my dad is now back aundert he assuption I'm straight. As I mentioned being alone and he started in what women want....UGH...or mabey he trying to change who knows?! I honostly would prefer shock and awe in just meeting a guy and walking in with saying hey this is my boyfriend; and just leave them what?.

Either way I going to catch hell for it.

Ps. sorry I missed your post.
No worries. I didn't notice your reply for a few days because of the holiday.

Well, in my case my mom assumed I was a lebian because in her head a straight girl would have had sex with a boy before college. Nevermind the fact that I was living with my religious Grandma who didn't want me attending mixed gender social events outside of school. I was still a virgin in high school because I wasn't straight. Why virgin lesbians didn't exist in her head is beyound me. But I came out because I was tired of being labelled wrong. I think my mom blames college or something. I've let the topic die after all these years.

It may be better to tell them before you start dating so your parents don't blame your first boyfriend for "changing you".
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #14430 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
No worries. I didn't notice your reply for a few days because of the holiday.

Well, in my case my mom assumed I was a lebian because in her head a straight girl would have had sex with a boy before college. Nevermind the fact that I was living with my religious Grandma who didn't want me attending mixed gender social events outside of school. I was still a virgin in high school because I wasn't straight. Why virgin lesbians didn't exist in her head is beyound me. But I came out because I was tired of being labelled wrong. I think my mom blames college or something. I've let the topic die after all these years.

It may be better to tell them before you start dating so your parents don't blame your first boyfriend for "changing you".
Well I would tell them but I just don't know how to go about it, I always try to avoid causing tension and awkward moments but this is seeming like an unavoidable one.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou