Yikes!! Well look who was right poor fishy
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #14643 
tpocicat

Eeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #14644 
Creat

Lol I know I stared at it for like a good minute before I called her over I am pretty sure I cocked my head at it too.. then screamed when they moved :P
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #14645 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
It sounds like you may have some anxiety or depression issues. I am sorry. It stinks not to get good rest.
I actually have been diagnosed with both. I also have been suffering from a period of both lately :/ That and insomnia, but the issue I have been having this past week is, I found out related to some wacky feminine issues I have been having. I am annoyed at my body for sure!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #14646 
dramaqueen
Banned

Health issues are a pain in the hind end. My mom is on cholesterol medicine, Crestor, which is expensive. We need to save money when we can so I asked her doctor to switch her to simvastatin which is a generic and cost less. The doctor says no, we can't do that because it's not as strong as Crestor. Well, I'm going to insist that we switch to the less expensive generic because we have got to save money.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #14647 
AngesRadieux

So I just found out my creative writing professor isn't actually grading any of our writing. -.- I'm pretty angry about it. There are people in my class who hand in unedited first drafts filled with typos, spelling errors, grammar errors, and clumsy sentences. I usually go through about five or six drafts and feel guilty handing in a fourth draft. And yet at the end of the day my heavily revised writing that I've put a ton of time into gets a little check put next to my name, just the same as an unedited first draft written half an hour before class, and as long all the assignments are handed in both the person handing in work full of typos and errors and I get A's.

I know I sound like a *****, but it offends me that someone who CLEARLY didn't put any actual effort into their assignment gets the same exact grade as me when I've combed through several drafts to make sure my work is if not the best I can produce pretty close to it. He claims it would be "wrong" for him to decide one piece of writing gets an A and another gets a C, but that's so not true! You can ABSOLUTELY grade writing based on the use of proper grammar, spelling, etc. and have it be perfectly fair!

We're supposed to be learning how to write in this class. Part of learning how to write is realizing that first drafts are usually not that good and in order to produce a nice, polished piece of work you need to sit down with a copy of your piece and a pen and fix things. Sitting down and writing a first draft is only half the battle! The rest of it is editing and revising. And if you take a creative writing class where you learn that it's okay to NOT revise, there's a problem!

I want to read work that's had some time invested into it. I don't want to have to read pages and pages of writing that hasn't even been edited once to fix the typos! And I certainly don't think it's at all fair that I'm getting the same grade for my fourth, fifth, sometimes sixth or seventh draft as someone else is getting for their hastily thrown together first draft.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #14648 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just lost another fish. I don't know what the heck is going on with Petsmart fish but I feel like talking to a manager about it. I get a betta and have it for a month or 6 weeks then it dies.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #14649 
Creat

AngesRadieux- I am sorry about the teacher I hate that, its one of the reasons I left art college to go study science.

dramaqueen- I hope the next one lasts I have the same problems with imported fish >.> and it wouldn't be surprising if the petsmart fish were just so weak no matter what you did they ended up dying.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #14650 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks, Creat. I think so, too.