Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #14751 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's the intolerance of a lot of so called Christians that gives all Christians a bad name. We're not all that way.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #14752 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It's the intolerance of a lot of so called Christians that gives all Christians a bad name. We're not all that way.
yep we are not all bible thumping homophobes. Some of us actually follow the Bible which says "love thy neighbor" Not "I HATE ANYONE THAT IS DIFFERENT!" Some of us actually see that in the Bible there are many story's about races mixing and what not. That's another peeve. I really don't know where some Christians got the idea that mixing races was bad. They did that all the time in the Bible.

And guys thanks for the geography lesson. Remember you are never to old to learn from your peers!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #14753 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart
~the origin of our passion cannot be ignored or looked down upon~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i would go back into my previous rant about the smoking but whats the use its like im talking to my neighbours

rant: have an ultrasound for my right breast on wed so have to find a babysitter for ronin (sorry if i cant use that word it hard to tell nowadays whats acceptable or not)
I am sure that breast is an acceptable word, granted we are not in a medical or adult forum but it is the easiest word to use other than chest.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #14754 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
I am sure that breast is an acceptable word, granted we are not in a medical or adult forum but it is the easiest word to use other than chest.

make me feel like goof hahaha

So yeah babysitter searching
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #14755 
dramaqueen
Banned

BettaHeart, I hope everything turns out ok with your ultrasound.
My rant : my mom has been sick for 3 weeks now. I've posted about it on facebook a couple of times and do you think any of my family or church members asked how she was or expressed concern? NOOO!!! The only people who give a crap are my forum friends who don't know me from Adam. I love my forum friends. You guys rock!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #14756 
ThePearlFish

It is getting so cold! Rant rant rant!!!

Okay, I got that off my chest..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #14757 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
BettaHeart, I hope everything turns out ok with your ultrasound.
My rant : my mom has been sick for 3 weeks now. I've posted about it on facebook a couple of times and do you think any of my family or church members asked how she was or expressed concern? NOOO!!! The only people who give a crap are my forum friends who don't know me from Adam. I love my forum friends. You guys rock!

I hope she gets better soon, reaching old age is certainly an achievement considering our ancestors never really lived past 30, talking cave-dwelling days does she have pneumonia? sp?
And family and those you expect to be there always seem to show the opposite of what they "preach" sorry for the expression, about how they look out for family and will do what they can is a load of .....
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #14758 
ThePearlFish

Having an aging parent is definitely difficult :( My parents are both active and in good health, but one day they will need my care. It's scary! I hope that your mom feels better DQ..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #14759 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom has been having stomach issues. She was in the hospital for 2 days 2 weeks ago with what they said was a stomach virus. She's been nauseous for the last 3 weeks. I think it's something called gastroparesis which affects diabetics. She's got an appointment with a stomach doctor on Monday.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #14760 
TheCrabbyTabby

I know to well the fret and worry of elderly family members. My paternal grandparents are both 83 years old now, coming up on year 84. They've been married for 61 years and have had 6 kids, 3 of which were identical female triplets.

They aren't as young as they used to be, yet still are living on the family farm. The same one on which Grandpa was born. In fact, he may die on that farm if they don't move to town one of these days, into an apartment complex. Grandma keeps talking about moving there some day, but nothing is ever done.

They are both as stubborn as they come and still insist of helping out my Uncle, there son, who also lives on and now manages the family farm. Grandma has lupus, which while its in remission for now, could flare up unexpectedly. She has to stay out of the sun as much as possible as she is now photosensitive.

Lupus is an autoimmune disorder, where, for some reason, the immune cells attack healthy tissue instead of diseased tissue, like they are supposed to.

Grandpa, on the other hand, once had lymphatic cancer/Hodgkin's lymphoma. It was mostly in the lymph nodes in his cheek and neck. He underwent radiation and steroidal therapy and thankfully, the cancer receded and he didn't need his lymph nodes surgically removed. He is now cancer free.

Ironically, his battle with cancer happened at the same time my kid brother was battling Acute Lymphatic Leukemia. My brother is now cancer free, and would be healthy, if he didn't smoke and drink so darned much.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou