Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #14821 
teeneythebetta

Speaking of testing..
Back in 6th Grade my teacher got fired for singing during the benchmark.

Ahahaha xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #14822 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
America seems like a cold, heartless place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Eh it depends on where you are and more importantly who you meet.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #14823 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

No in class parties? That'd be sad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #14824 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Best way to keep male and female I have had luck with.... large tank (more then 30 gal) shallow not deep... planted / stuffed like Sena said ... though most people to it for breeding... and betta can live without a heater... not for very long and its not recommended but a healthy betta will be fine for a few days in cool water.

Rant: Why my face breaks out only when I have to do something >.> gawd

yeah, I should be getting another heater really soon. I was just watching them and one of the females has started showing aggression towards the other (bring out her plates and chasing) but it doesn't last (female isn't injured) and he goes into the plants..

I keep them in a planted tank, and there's some hiding spots. The male doesn't bother anyone he generally sticks by the plants but the girls but maybe it's just a temporary thing, right? I've heard it can happen for a little while?

AND! My face always breaks out when the weather changes, even though I NEVER get pimples. ugh, annoying >:c
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #14825 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Well, just make sure to have some medications on hand as a "just in case", and if all else fails and there is an emergency I am sure one or more of them would forgive you if you had to move them to a colder tank temporarily

Hehe I love bettas who are so weird. I changed my one girl's bottom decorations from marbles to sand because she wiggled herself beneath the marbles :o

What type of "medications"? I haven't been able to build an emergency kit as of yet, the prices in my country have been getting way to ridiculous (thanks to our government..) so I just buy on hand. Yeah, hopefully he won't have to wait too long.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #14826 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
No in class parties? That'd be sad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Our teacher wanted to throw us a graduation part and various other ones like Christmas and Thanksgiving but.. after asking around she said that unfortunately she wasnt allowed to
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #14827 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow we've even done potlucks. Heck we've organized birthday parties with cake and everything for good teachers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #14828 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
OMG Scottie? D:
I'm so sorry!!
I don't want to make you feel bad, but what exactly caused him to pass away?
I'm sorry I just loved him
He had a tumor. I figured he was NOT fully blind as he learned to "touch" my hand with his nose/mouth within five minutes, knowing where my hand was wherever I put it. The tumor on his brain either ruptured or pressed down :( I miss him - he was such a smart doggie.

Quote:
What type of "medications"? I haven't been able to build an emergency kit as of yet, the prices in my country have been getting way to ridiculous (thanks to our government..) so I just buy on hand. Yeah, hopefully he won't have to wait too long.
Whatever you can get, then. Aquarium salt, epsom salt (100% pure non fragrance), and if you are able to get anything outside of the country or even find it somehow within, such things as Maracyn and Maracyn 2 for combos, anti-parasite fizz tabs, powder and anti-parasite foods, plus if you REALLY wanna go all "gangsta" on the toughest of diseases, find Kanaplex or whatever else there is on that high strength level :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #14829 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
He had a tumor. I figured he was NOT fully blind as he learned to "touch" my hand with his nose/mouth within five minutes, knowing where my hand was wherever I put it. The tumor on his brain either ruptured or pressed down :( I miss him - he was such a smart doggie.

Whatever you can get, then. Aquarium salt, epsom salt (100% pure non fragrance), and if you are able to get anything outside of the country or even find it somehow within, such things as Maracyn and Maracyn 2 for combos, anti-parasite fizz tabs, powder and anti-parasite foods, plus if you REALLY wanna go all "gangsta" on the toughest of diseases, find Kanaplex or whatever else there is on that high strength level :)
Okay cool :) I might look online for a kit!! Seriously, though, our prices of things have gotten ridicolous.. One 55mL bottle of conditioner is $20! And the name size treatments are like $50 which is EXPENSIVE for such a little size. Ohwell though, beauty comes at a price :) hehe
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #14830 
Sena Hansler

Yikes!! that is super expensive lol. :o
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou