Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #14891 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry, Rosso. I hope things get better soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #14892 
whiskandbowl

Betta/Work rant (Sarcasm alert!)

-No, just because you've kept bettas in a tiny divided bowl in the past, doesn't make it right! I'm telling you that that torture chamber is not even big enough for one betta! But no, I don't know anything so just ignore me and carry on. (http://www.amazon.com/Betta-Keeper-L...s+betta+keeper)
Oh and they bought my favorite betta, I was seriously considering taking him home. He was a navy blue veil tail with orange accents.

-Oh, I just spent 20 minutes talking to you about appropriate betta homes. No that's okay just buy the 1/2gal bowl, even though I just told you bettas need at least 2 gallons.

The only thing that made it better was the couple getting a betta and asked questions and listened to what I said. They didn't know bettas needed heaters and wanted to go out right then and get one. I gave them the link here so I hope they join
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #14893 
Rosso1011

Thanks, DQ. Being sick is no fun. I want to spread this to at least one person so I can feel like I'm not the only one, lol. I wouldn't wish this on anyone though.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #14894 
Jessiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Ugg! More crickets are chirping away underneath my fridge. My husband is no longer allowed to feed my pacman frog since he can't feed them without dropping them on the floor. And of course they have to find one of the hardest places in the house to catch them. I can't reuse them as feeders either since they are under the fridge. I won't use them because fridges have grease and what not underneath so I lose 10 cents a cricket when he drops them if I don't catch them right away. *Sigh*
Ugggggh!! The last time we got crickets my husband, who has ADD, dumped them into their kritter keeper, walked off and forgot to close the lid. I didn't see any around, so I thought we got lucky -- then I kept finding them hopping across the floor for days. I was so mad. We have since established our own feeder colony of red runner roaches. So much better than crickets. (We have tarantulas.)
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #14895 
Sena Hansler

In my area I'm "that fish girl" or "the betta person" because I know what I am talking about lol :) I try to get people to house bettas in 3+ gallons if just for the fact they should have stable heat... But even 1.5+ ends up being a drastic upgrade =D

But some people you can't change their mind... Sometimes you just have to avoid it :/ I know it sucks - it took alot for me not to take all the female bettas home since the people were dumb (sorry but really....) but I didn't want to support them any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskandbowl View Post
Betta/Work rant (Sarcasm alert!)

-No, just because you've kept bettas in a tiny divided bowl in the past, doesn't make it right! I'm telling you that that torture chamber is not even big enough for one betta! But no, I don't know anything so just ignore me and carry on. (http://www.amazon.com/Betta-Keeper-L...s+betta+keeper)
Oh and they bought my favorite betta, I was seriously considering taking him home. He was a navy blue veil tail with orange accents.

-Oh, I just spent 20 minutes talking to you about appropriate betta homes. No that's okay just buy the 1/2gal bowl, even though I just told you bettas need at least 2 gallons.

The only thing that made it better was the couple getting a betta and asked questions and listened to what I said. They didn't know bettas needed heaters and wanted to go out right then and get one. I gave them the link here so I hope they join
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #14896 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
Ugggggh!! The last time we got crickets my husband, who has ADD, dumped them into their kritter keeper, walked off and forgot to close the lid. I didn't see any around, so I thought we got lucky -- then I kept finding them hopping across the floor for days. I was so mad. We have since established our own feeder colony of red runner roaches. So much better than crickets. (We have tarantulas.)
Don't know what it is about husbands and crickets. sigh* Maybe it will get better when we house them in a ten gallon and he can pick up a piece of cardboard to give the right amount. I am going to get the pacman some wax worms for variety so we will see if he can lose them, lol.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #14897 
dramaqueen
Banned

You mean house the hubby in the 10 gallon? Lol
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #14898 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
You mean house the hubby in the 10 gallon? Lol
I wish I could put him in an aquarium and just feed him fish flakes. That would rock but he weighs 360. It would have to be a much much bigger tank
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #14899 
dramaqueen
Banned

Rofl.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #14900 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Rofl.
Yea It would have to be a shark tank. *INSERT JAWS THEME SONG HERE*