Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #14911 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Ugh... today has been totally HORRIBLE.
Just found out my ex (who we still have MAJOR feelings for each-other) was in a major accident on Wednesday. He's in pretty bad shape and needed life saving surgery. He broke both of his ankles, his tibia and fibia in his left leg, broke his femurs in two different places, his hip and his shoulder blade. I feel so horrible knowing that he's in all this pain and I can't do anything about it. I don't know what i'd have done if he'd died... I'm going to see him in the weekend (it's Monday) and i'm so nervous that I'm just going to break down and cry. :'( ugh.
So sorry to hear this. Hang in there and try not to worry too much. He's still alive and they can fix almost anything these days. Sending good wishes your way and keep us posted.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #14912 
Shirleythebetta

My sister-in-law is having a boy. I was hoping for a girl so it wouldn't grow up to act like it's daddy but this isn't really a rant. He is healthy that's the thing that matters.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #14913 
ThePearlFish

Moons and Owls, I cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope that your friend recovers well (and quickly). If you need anyone to talk to my pm box is open.. Lots of hugs!!!

I don't have a rant today :P I am in a good state of mind today, yay.. :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #14914 
moonsand0wls

Thanks all, AND I just found out through my mum that he kept certain bad injuries that's occurred aswell, probably to keep me from stressing out too much. Found out he ripped his liver, bruised his lungs, slight brain bleeding, cartilage and tissue damage and had to have lots of pins put in until he can have more surgery. And that's just what he's told. Gosh I can't sleep over this :'/

Thanks for your support ♥
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #14915 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Seriously?! On top of everything else I've been going through, Poseidon's heater goes haywire and cooks the poor guy. I come home to find him dead pressed between the decor and plexiglass with the water temperature sitting at 98 degrees!!! Cut me some slack already!
Aw, i'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you're well. Fly high Poseidon ♥
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #14916 
tpocicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Thanks all, AND I just found out through my mum that he kept certain bad injuries that's occurred aswell, probably to keep me from stressing out too much. Found out he ripped his liver, bruised his lungs, slight brain bleeding, cartilage and tissue damage and had to have lots of pins put in until he can have more surgery. And that's just what he's told. Gosh I can't sleep over this :'/

Thanks for your support ♥
He's getting the care he needs, be sure to take care of yourself.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #14917 
ThePearlFish

An ultrasound just showed that my little Guinea Pig Toadie has a mass that there are no options for to treat other than surgery. :( :(

I don't think we are going to do that because she is already almost 6 years old and don't want to stress out her little body.. :(

My rant is: why does this have to happen when nothing else physically seems wrong with her?? She is so happy and active and eating like a pig and it seems like a cruel jest to make her have a huge tumor when she isn't acting sick at all. >:{
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #14918 
Sena Hansler

Guinea piggies hide feeling ill or hurt, sadly. But you know what... 6 years is a good age for a guinea piggy :) I know it sucks, but it happens. The best thing for you to do, is give her what you can!

My rant: Why is it I am seeing more and more people medicating their fish for silly things? I don't even like medicating my fish if they have a wound (unless the wound is uber deep) and I have never had a problem with clean warm water being my medication for them. :/ It's like people getting 100 flu shots a year whereas I haven't. If absolutely positively needed I will go to a doctor. But otherwise, au naturale for me! (and my fish)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #14919 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Guinea piggies hide feeling ill or hurt, sadly. But you know what... 6 years is a good age for a guinea piggy :) I know it sucks, but it happens. The best thing for you to do, is give her what you can!
Yes! Animals are amazingly strong with pain! The only symptom she showed was drinking more and peeing more. The vet didn't think she acted like she was in pain, but just was the pressure against her bladder making her go more. 6 is a great age for a Gpig :). I am proud and happy to have had her so long. :)

Thanks for your comforting words.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #14920 
dramaqueen
Banned

TPF, I'm sorry about your Guinea pig. Just make the most of the time you have with her.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou