Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #14921 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Guinea piggies hide feeling ill or hurt, sadly. But you know what... 6 years is a good age for a guinea piggy :) I know it sucks, but it happens. The best thing for you to do, is give her what you can!

My rant: Why is it I am seeing more and more people medicating their fish for silly things? I don't even like medicating my fish if they have a wound (unless the wound is uber deep) and I have never had a problem with clean warm water being my medication for them. :/ It's like people getting 100 flu shots a year whereas I haven't. If absolutely positively needed I will go to a doctor. But otherwise, au naturale for me! (and my fish)
I took my daughter to get a flu shot once and it landed her in the hospital for 5 days when she was 2. Needless to say she's never had a flu shot since and has not had a cold/flu after that that didnt require just rest, plenty of fluids and a cough syrup.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #14922 
Shirleythebetta

We got into an argument about this with my mother in law. Me and my husband feel the same. We are not letting anyone inject us with a virus in the hopes of keeping one out. I get the science behind it but about 90 percent of my family members get very ill after taking it. Why risk it?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #14923 
ThePearlFish

Thank you DQ.

Another rant, but more of a frustration. I need to take two Biology classes next semester but the ones I want to take all clash in when they meet. I dunno what to do about it. -confused-
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #14924 
Sena Hansler

ThePearlFish, is the tumor pressing on anything major, other than her bladder? Wondering because if it is not causing pain, or too bad of a problem then she could still have 6-12 months with you :)
And I agree on how tough critters are with pain.

Yes, shots are silly 99% of the time. I refused the swine and bird flu shots, considering the second one was actually just the OLD medication from the OLD flu which had already sent three friends to their beds, two to the hospital and one critically sick >:(
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #14925 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
ThePearlFish, is the tumor pressing on anything major, other than her bladder? Wondering because if it is not causing pain, or too bad of a problem then she could still have 6-12 months with you :)
And I agree on how tough critters are with pain.

Yes, shots are silly 99% of the time. I refused the swine and bird flu shots, considering the second one was actually just the OLD medication from the OLD flu which had already sent three friends to their beds, two to the hospital and one critically sick >:(
That's aweful. I don't take vaccines either. There is something unsettling about someone injecting me with a virus to make me feel better. I would rather deal with it the old fashioned way.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #14926 
Sena Hansler

I don't even go to the doctor lol :p they are pill pushers.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #14927 
thekinetic

I don't trust doctors, they smell too much of big buisness. I don't go to the docs unless I am really ill and that's almost never, and colds and fluu does not count as I see them as an excuse for me to stay in bed! :3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #14928 
Sena Hansler

You should see when people try to tell me I should go to the doctor I will be that old lady who breaks her leg and says "no no just lemme fix it up mah-self I don't need no doctor PAH!" xD
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #14929 
thekinetic

Quote:
You should see when people try to tell me I should go to the doctor I will be that old lady who breaks her leg and says "no no just lemme fix it up mah-self I don't need no doctor PAH!" xD
LOL, I know! I've treated cysts and burns and even a laceration, I just cleaned it put some buttefly bandages on and some gauze and it healed just fine. Don't need none of that doc flim flam dagnabbit!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #14930 
Sena Hansler

I went once, the guy said "cyst" on my wrist. IT IS A BONE. Next doc said "arthritis" and it "had nothing to do with the injury". Another doc said "gastric reflux or whatever. When it's asthma.

-sigh- Asked my friend who took a year in doctoring in the usa. He told me what to do with my injury, and I have 99% no problem with said wrist (turned out to be possibly damaged nerves).

Docs push pills. :p

Tags
bettathanyou