Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
whooops! *bit lol.

i needed the laugh thanks
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #15142 
moonsand0wls

Hmm...
It really annoys me how nowhere here sells dividors with the mesh/plastic or whatever on them. Just the parts to connect. I brought them today but that means my poor girlies are going to have to wait until I can get some mesh or something to use for them.. which is hard to get.. the owner said glass, but when I asked how the filter would filter the water etc etc, he got really rude. He also said to get plastic and cut holes in it and not to use mesh. I don't see why not.... It would be better.... hmmm... rude shop owners isn't cool... he also thought he was really really nice letting me off 20cents.. I didn't even ask to ha... ugh just ugh/: SOoo tired toooo...

ANTI RANT :D I got two new tanks today, from my best friends mother (no longer keeps fish). An amazing red one that's curved and it has like lights and filters and air pumps etc with it.. and a tiny one which I can now use as a hospital tank.. both will need cleaning and running for a few days but I am SO happy about that :D It means I can get some more fish :D hehe...
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #15143 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Glad you got new tanks maybe you could get a DIY divider.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #15144 
moonsand0wls

Thanks :) I needed a new hospital tank too so the little one will be the one for the job.

Yeah.. I was just Googling that.. but I can't really find a straight answer on it... Do you think that it would be safe to use mesh? I would have to make it fit onto the suction things..
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #15145 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
yes similar to that.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #15146 
Sena Hansler

No, because they obviously don't care. It's all on ME. He said he told her the same thing, but she says he only told her not to talk nor work with me. I am not appreciated for doing what I do.

Did you know? I lift anywhere between 300 and 1500 pounds of PAPER a day. By myself. Think that is safe? How about carrying 20-75 pounds up and down a ladder, more than 5 times every day. Is THAT safe? Is that SMART? Not really.

Well, I am going to ask for ALL of my Friday Saturday and Sundays off from now on. Because I don't get paid enough for this bull. I am also going to refuse what I think is unsafe work AKA the paper. They have a problem with that I will bring the board into this.

Now I need home business ideas. All I need is 400 minimal a month anyways. I've got a lot of skills - just what to do with them. But I know for a fact I am not staying in this stupid job after December. New year - new changes.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #15147 
Freyja
Banned

Can't you file a complaint with the board for unsafe work conditions?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #15148 
Sena Hansler

It's in my job description to be using ladders and lifting stuff :/ That's the problem. Only thing is, I'm not built like so-and-so (who is so accident prone she needs surgery on her shoulder ), who is not built like another so-and-so, who is older and cannot lift heavier items... By far other than the boys, I am the strongest. I CAN lift the stuff, but SHOULD I? I'm just going to tell them I refuse to lift the paper boxes anymore. They can't get mad at me for it - and dare if they write me up on it then yes I will go to the board for unfair treatment.

I just need to make it at LEAST 2 more months... And then I figure I will start something at home. Some ideas floating around were jewelry (I did this before with a lady, and it was fun!), sewing (quilts, pillow cases, stuffed animals, dolls, pillows, blankets, etc) which takes more time but I know how to and can do it. Plus painting and drawing (which in this town isn't worth it because they think you should pump out 50 paintings a year...)

and then my boyfriend turned to me and said, "Just get lots and lots of tanks and breed bettas!" Which means I could start a part of my fish store early....
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #15149 
ZergyMonster

Best of luck to you Sena, Betta breeding seems like a big Hit-or-Miss market; and bettas require a lot more work than other tropical fish.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #15150 
Sena Hansler

Well, I have more luck with bettas then any other fish If I were to quit, all my time would be to my fish o_O Ihave to make sure to ask the general community what they want from betta fish... Color...Finnage...Pattern...ETC. Plus I need to make sure to ensure absolute health :) Since there are very few betta breeders, in Canada, plus most stores sell sick or dying fish (R.I.P my poor Koi plakat lady :( ) or over-price their fish. I saw PJ'S PETS selling a "metallic halfmoon" who did have the full spread, but was actually a dragonscale, for 30.00 o_o I don't even need to charge that much.

Tags
bettathanyou