Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #15211 
twolovers101

Rant:

I'm so tired of this! I'm about to give up as I'm losing hope. Nova had fin rot so he was in QT for a time while I figured out what was wrong with him. Over a month later he finally started regrowing his fins. So I decided to give him a nice 5.5 NPT as a get well gift and celebration of a sort, got it all set up with plants the right lights, a heater, filter, some MTS and some ghosties, and what happens?

I come home today after class and he's sitting up in the top corner of the tank next to the thermometer not moving, clamped and with a small amount of white fuzz like stuff all around his fins, and his pectorals, which are usually piratically invisible are all opaque :(

I don't know what to do anymore. I've got him floating in his heated tank in a cup of treated water with a bit of AQ salt and stress coat

*sigh* I'm so frustrated and upset and stressed out now. He was so happy yesterday too :(

*sob*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #15212 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Rant My Dad thinks my room should be to his liking not mine.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #15213 
Sena Hansler

Did you test the heater first? Quarantine the shrimp before? Perhaps if you use maracyn and maracyn 2 together, it fights off positive and negative grams and may indeed fight what he has.

My rant: some guy came into Staples reeking of weed. Like... Not the "I just smoked a joint" weed I mean "I swam a mile in weed" kind of reek x.x
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #15214 
twolovers101

Yeah the heater works fine, and no, I oopsed on the shrimp *sigh* and he's been through the maracyns (2 weeks ago or more for the fin rot) I think his immune system was bad from the get go, I suppose I could try it again, but I'm not even sure if he'll make it to morning.

If it's from the shrimp then it's my fault and I take the blame but... I don't want to think about that because I've tried so hard in the past *sigh*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #15215 
moonsand0wls

lol ... coooool ... I posted a brag about finally getting one of my rescued girls her own tank, well she's in it, except the heater I was going to borrow off my sister for now, is a huge 300 watt one, which she forgot to tell me. So we're heaterless.. I hope the girl will last until the weekend :) I might just keep topping her tank up with warm water for awhile until I get it lol.. OHHH and she looks waaaay too small for the tank. I'll get her some new buddies once I've planted it etc ;) It's empty now except for a brandy balloon which she likes sleeping in LOL
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #15216 
Shirleythebetta

How friggin sad is this. My birthday was yesterday and the only cake I got was the tiny one in the bottom corner here on bettafish. I am now in the process of guilt tripping my family about it. It's the first birthday I had where I didn't get a cake. I am so sad Wah! xC I kept my mouth shut to see if anyone would think to get me one and not one person did. My family or my in-laws. On top of that I woke up to a dirty house and a husband laying and watching television. I can't even get pampered one day. And I'm sick on top of that. I'm done complaining now. Oh and I had to write a paper thing and a presentation all on my birthday.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 11-06-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #15217 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
How friggin sad is this. My birthday was yesterday and the only cake I got was the tiny one in the bottom corner here on bettafish. I am now in the process of guilt tripping my family about it. It's the first birthday I had where I didn't get a cake. I am so sad Wah! xC I kept my mouth shut to see if anyone would think to get me one and not one person did. My family or my in-laws. On top of that I woke up to a dirty house and a husband laying and watching television. I can't even get pampered one day. And I'm sick on top of that. I'm done complaining now. Oh and I had to write a paper thing and a presentation all on my birthday.

awww i totally understand.. its sad because I look forward to the birthday wishes from bettafish

Hugs and belated Happy Birthday

Hope you feel better soon
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #15218 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
awww i totally understand.. its sad because I look forward to the birthday wishes from bettafish

Hugs and belated Happy Birthday

Hope you feel better soon
Yea, bettafish are the only ones who send me birthday wishes other than my moms weirdo friends on facebook. I got ten dollars, stinky candles and a smelly teddy bear (cinnomin, no kidding)and a pj set from my in-laws and dinner. My mom got me some little gifts too which are nice and gave me thirty dollars. My husband gets twenty from my mom and dinner for his birthday, 100 from his mom, 20 from his sister AND an ice cream cake. Shows were I stand huh? At least my fishy and forum friends love me enough to give me a teeny cake in the corner and a few happy birthdays! *growls at smelly bear* LOL.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #15219 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sorry your birthday was bad.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #15220 
Sena Hansler

Anti-rant: I have over 150 baby bettas. I did not know I had over 100

And Shirley:

I felt bad for you, so I found you a cake :p
Attached Images