Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #15551 
Sena Hansler

Bettaheart, that sucks! But it's awesome you found a cheap tank! I did too!! 20.00 for a 30-40 long!! I wish you luck on your next spawn. I'll be doing another one soon.

Shirley, I agree. There's only so much typing or texting does. Talking to someone directly is soooo much better plus you can also get some steam off better that way then typing/texting (or at least for me it does)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #15552 
moonsand0wls

My boyfriend thinks I'm lucky that he can cope and put up with my disorders etc. I know I'm lucky but I'm not. He deserves so much better and more than me and he won't believe that. I feel angry because I make things hard for him and I know I do. He wants to propose to me too and I believe someone worthy and kind and that's not as screwed up should be with him. :/
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #15553 
Shirleythebetta

I have many disorders too and used to feel like you. I was with my husband for four years before I finally married him and he has been in love with me for seven. It took me to one day realize that if I didn't deserve him he wouldn't stick around for the craziness and the punishment my issues bring. Only get married if you want to but I think what worked for me is catching on to what I just said. He even bent on the whole wedding thing. I don't like weddings because I feel like I am on display. He on the other hand is an attention hog but we got married at a court house and made everyone mad. I don't like weddings because I feel like it isn't about the couple. It's more about making everyone else happy. Back on subject though.

Yea I feel like I am going to snap from all the quiet. He isn't a talker but I knew that. He is more of an observer and it drives me nuts since I have no one to "blow off steam" too. I took my poor mom shopping and I bet I made her poor ears sore.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #15554 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
My boyfriend thinks I'm lucky that he can cope and put up with my disorders etc. I know I'm lucky but I'm not. He deserves so much better and more than me and he won't believe that. I feel angry because I make things hard for him and I know I do. He wants to propose to me too and I believe someone worthy and kind and that's not as screwed up should be with him. :/
You're being waay too hard on yourself! You should let your boyfriend past your defenses and be happy together. We should all be so lucky to have someone to love us despite our flaws.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #15555 
moonsand0wls

Yeah, I'm trying! Thanks guys! I can do this and I'm going to let him propose to me. I'm so nervous. >_<
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #15556 
Shirleythebetta

Don't be nervous be excited! And if you don't like huge expensive weddings you can always go quiet and small like me. :)
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #15557 
ThePearlFish

I have the same issue with all you guys regarding your SOs.

1.) my BF also takes forever to respond sometimes and then looks all huffy when I try to get him to respond to me.

2.) When he is reading a book it is the worst. He can completely tune me out and sometimes even if I call to him like 5 times he won't listen so I give up, but yesterday when I turned on the TV and he was reading on the couch he was all "I am going upstairs to read the TV is too distracting." Uhhh what????? "I told him, so you have an easy time ****ting my voice out of your mind when you read, it takes me forever to get a response from you, but the TV is too distracting???" >.>

3.) I too hate myself for my disorders and how my BF could do without the hassle of putting up with me and my high maintenance. :(

Oh, and my last rant is that although I am glad all my lab work from the Doctor came back either negative or normal, this makes me frustrated cus my body is driving me insane.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #15558 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I have the same issue with all you guys regarding your SOs.

1.) my BF also takes forever to respond sometimes and then looks all huffy when I try to get him to respond to me.

2.) When he is reading a book it is the worst. He can completely tune me out and sometimes even if I call to him like 5 times he won't listen so I give up, but yesterday when I turned on the TV and he was reading on the couch he was all "I am going upstairs to read the TV is too distracting." Uhhh what????? "I told him, so you have an easy time ****ting my voice out of your mind when you read, it takes me forever to get a response from you, but the TV is too distracting???" >.>

3.) I too hate myself for my disorders and how my BF could do without the hassle of putting up with me and my high maintenance. :(

Oh, and my last rant is that although I am glad all my lab work from the Doctor came back either negative or normal, this makes me frustrated cus my body is driving me insane.
It just makes you feel alone and like crap.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #15559 
SnowySurface

I hate when I lose things. I hate it even more when I lose expensive things.

I know my iPod doesn't cost as much as a car, but it didn't cost $50 either. On top of that, I won't have spare cash until the beginning of next year because of Christmas gifts, bills/rent, and I made a $50 impulse buy for myself last night. If I realized my iPod was MIA last night, it would be easier to replace because I wouldn't have made the impulse buy. But I've already used my "free game" money for the week and I don't really feel like jumping through flaming hoops to cancel an online purchase that has already been processed. For once, I wish a seller had taken his/her sweet time noticing my order. T_T

On top of that, my car CD player doesn't feel like playing CDs so I was using an Auxillary cable to play my iPod through my car speakers. I used to leave the iPod in my car during the summer, but now that it's winter my car gets cold enough to screw with the iPod's battery if I don't bring it inside with me. Maybe it did make it into my apartment and it's "lost" somewhere in my home. But I think it didn't make it from my car to my apartment and someone found it lying on the ground. If I did have to lose something over $50 before a holiday, why couldn't the holiday be Easter? Why during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season? Q~Q

Normally I would just shrug it off and replace it in a few months when it's convienent, but music helps me controll my ADHD when I drive. If my mind starts to wander, a good song can bring me back to reality when I-95 hypnotizes me. I would use the radio, but MA radio stations suck (IMO) and commercials won't do a thing for my attention and they last too long for me to daydream until a song does come on. If the stimuli isn't constant music or a passenger talking to me, I can have attention span gaps of 10 minutes. That isn't anything compared to the 45-60 minutes I would lose at a time as a child. But I can't drive on I-95 at 65-70 miles/hour while daydreaming about betta fish cleaning their own tanks for 10 minutes.

Why does every coping (cope + ing spelling?) strategy I ever think of for my ADHD have to have a massive flaw? DX

If anyone needs me, I'll be curled up in a corner crying while re-crunching numbers for next month. I really don't want to put anymore on my credit card if I don't have to. Q~Q

Last edited by SnowySurface; 11-21-2012 at 09:16 AM.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #15560 
SnowySurface

Oh, second rant of the day since today seems to be one of those days, lol.

I like to eat Papa John's pizza because I like the flavor of their pizza sauce and I like their dipping sauces. However, the CEO of the company is being a complete and total "jerk" (since I can't use a stronger word here XD). So after reading this article, I feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand, I feel like never buying their pizza again because the CEO is being a horrible human being. Supplying your workers with health care does not mean you have to care an extra 14 cents per pie to cover an increase of 4 cents per pie.

On the other hand, I actually don't mind paying an extra 14 cents per pie if it means the people making my pizza can see a doctor. I prefer to spend my money for food at places with a healthy service staff that won't infect me with the plague as I treat myself to pizza. I actually don't want to turn a blind eye to unfair labor just to save money on item. Heck, I would pay and extra 25 cents for that. XD

So...yeah. I don't want Schnatter to have my money but I also want to prove the CEO wrong by not batting an eye at the price increase because full time employees should have health coverage.

I'm going to crawl back into my corner now. Today is not my day. T_T
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou