Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #15661 
Dragonlady

I'm so excited to get my new imports next week!
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #15662 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Hope they do well. Are they from thialand?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #15663 
Sena Hansler

I am NOT feeling good. But y'know, they need a stupid doctors note. Even when it may just be one day. Ryan gave me a hint: ask for the epmoyee handbook. Pull their own crud back on them, and avoid being written up for, oh, let's say FLU or FRACTURED or INFECTION or BROKEN. I haven't been feeling well for a week and now it's hitting hard ;( sick to the stomach, hard to breathe and coughing up a lung -.-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #15664 
Sparrowhawk

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon, being sick really sucks.

My rant for the day is about misogyny. I'm a bit of a rabid feminist (or as a lot of people with my viewpoints prefer to call themselves, "equalists" though I don't like the term that much) and am completely sick and tired of people trying to force me (and everyone, really, men and women) into gender stereotypes. No, I don't want long hair, manicures and a rich man to leech off. No, I shouldn't get back in the kitchen, and yes, it's fine for me to aim to be the breadwinner of the household if I so wish. My gender should not be used as an insult. I am never "asking for it," no matter what I'm wearing. My sole purpose in life, contrary to the belief of some, is not to be a baby-making machine/Stepford wife hybrid, but to be a productive, intelligent member of society. No, men shouldn't be forced to be hyper-masculine, or be guilted into avoiding "girly" hobbies/activities that they'd otherwise enjoy if they weren't afraid of being ridiculed for acting feminine... I could go on forever, and probably with a little more eloquence if I hadn't had such a long and tiring day, but man... The patriarchy sucks, and gender roles do nothing for either men or women in the way of allowing all of us self-expression and our ideal lifestyles as simply people, y'know, human beings rather than binary gender stereotypes.

What brought this on? Family, one member continuing on her quest to turn me into a picture of feminine beauty, the other using "woman" as an insult.

I'll just step off this soapbox now... Eep...

Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 11-24-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Attempt at making just a tad bit more sense. >.<
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #15665 
Sena Hansler

Yeah, that isn't great. I believe everyone aught to be allowed to choose what they want to do for themselves. A woman wants to do construction? Let her. A man wants to do a catering business? Let him! A woman wants to be a stay at home mom, she should have every right without the stupid "see, now THAT is what women should be doing" comments. A man wants to be working on the rigs, same thing. There are people who take feminism too far, but others sexism too far. I have an ex who is extremely sexist and thinks all women are the severely harsh, rude and mean type of feminists. O_o his source is a silly YouTube man.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #15666 
ThePearlFish

i just want my bf to hug me and give me a kiss on occasion. I'm always the one approaching him. He used to be better, now I think he has got it easy.

maybe it is hormones talking, but i am kinda sick and tired of myself right now.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #15667 
Sena Hansler

-anti rant- found myself a crowntail male.

-another anti rant- getting my bearded dragon Jim back Friday!!!!!

-rant my hand still hurts, I still feel sick, and I have to work.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #15668 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Yeah, that isn't great. I believe everyone aught to be allowed to choose what they want to do for themselves. A woman wants to do construction? Let her. A man wants to do a catering business? Let him! A woman wants to be a stay at home mom, she should have every right without the stupid "see, now THAT is what women should be doing" comments. A man wants to be working on the rigs, same thing. There are people who take feminism too far, but others sexism too far. I have an ex who is extremely sexist and thinks all women are the severely harsh, rude and mean type of feminists. O_o his source is a silly YouTube man.
I am glad my mom is the stay at home person. She may have anger issues but I love my mom and she has a way with children. My dad is terrible with children. Funny thing I am the sterotypical Aspie.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #15669 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon, being sick really sucks.

My rant for the day is about misogyny. I'm a bit of a rabid feminist (or as a lot of people with my viewpoints prefer to call themselves, "equalists" though I don't like the term that much) and am completely sick and tired of people trying to force me (and everyone, really, men and women) into gender stereotypes. No, I don't want long hair, manicures and a rich man to leech off. No, I shouldn't get back in the kitchen, and yes, it's fine for me to aim to be the breadwinner of the household if I so wish. My gender should not be used as an insult. I am never "asking for it," no matter what I'm wearing. My sole purpose in life, contrary to the belief of some, is not to be a baby-making machine/Stepford wife hybrid, but to be a productive, intelligent member of society. No, men shouldn't be forced to be hyper-masculine, or be guilted into avoiding "girly" hobbies/activities that they'd otherwise enjoy if they weren't afraid of being ridiculed for acting feminine... I could go on forever, and probably with a little more eloquence if I hadn't had such a long and tiring day, but man... The patriarchy sucks, and gender roles do nothing for either men or women in the way of allowing all of us self-expression and our ideal lifestyles as simply people, y'know, human beings rather than binary gender stereotypes.

What brought this on? Family, one member continuing on her quest to turn me into a picture of feminine beauty, the other using "woman" as an insult.

I'll just step off this soapbox now... Eep...
*applauds* Darn right! I am a guy, in the closet but still, and my brother and father are both the typical macho guy. Unfortunatly they want me to be like them and when I'm not they ridicule me. Burns me up sometimes!

However I'm not your stereotype gay either, you probably wouldn't know it just by looking or even talking to me. I simply come off as geeky and a little weird.

Honostly I'd love to be some guys little house husband, plus I spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking anyway. But if a women doesn't want to be that great, more power to her. We should all be happy and never let the world stop us.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #15670 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My mom takes my Dads paycheck and decides where it goes.

Tags
bettathanyou