Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #15741 
SnowySurface

I'm so sorry for your loss MoonsandOwls. I lost my Nana this May to cancer so I know it can be hard. Even after 1/2 a year it still feels wierd not to buy her a gift this Christmas. V_V
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #15742 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My dads had skin Cancer a few times.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #15743 
SnowySurface

Cancer runs in my family like a track star.

My Mom lost part of her left breast to breast cancer.

My Grandma in NY had uterine cancer that has returned as vaginal cyst after 6 years of remission.

My Grandma in SC had a cancerous tumor on her tongue a few years back.

My Grandpa on my Dad's side died from lung cancer after years of smoking.

My Grandpa on my Mom's side had lung cancer (from smoking), prostate cancer (that was found early enough to treat), and brain cancer that took his life because no one realized his prostate cancer returned as malignant cancer that traveled to his brain in time to save him.

Why does cancer stalk my family? T_T
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #15744 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

If I remeber right my Grandpa died of Brain Cancer.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #15745 
SnowySurface

Brain cancer is a killer. It isn't as silent as prostate cancer, but it messes with your ability to think. We knew Grandpa was acting a bit weird a few months before he died, but we chalked it up to him being a war vet who survived 2 intense treatments for cancer. We didn't think he had cancer for a third time in his brain but it did explain the changes in his personality better than, "that's age for ya".

A co-work of mine also lost her father to brain cancer. She set up a team for the annual Walk-to-Cure-Brain-Cancer event that happens in New York once a year to raise money. I try to donate each year, but so far I've never been able to walk.

In the end, not only does cancer kill or cause the suffering of a lot of my relatives but they are my immediate relatives. My chances of developing cancer myself are through the roof since I have PCOS and a family history of cancer. Cancer just sucks in general.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #15746 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It Depends on the brain cancer some strike fast some go very slowly.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #15747 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
My Nan has been pronounced brain-dead a few hours ago after she collapsed this morning as her aneurysm ruptured. She was flown to Wellington hospital by Helicopter hours after being admitted to ICU in the hospital near me, where they put her in surgery to try clamp the aneurysm, as she had not stopped bleeding since it burst. It was situated on her main artery in her brain so it was very serious. They're going to try and fly her back to the hospital near us so we can say our goodbyes as they turn off the life-support. I'm so grief stricken, and I feel horrible because I'm trying to release the emotions and it's the computer that lets me do it. I probably look to others like I don't care. My heart has been ripped out of my chest and it's never going to be the same. :'(

oh honey I am very sorry to hear, I wish I could say or do more for you to help you release some of your pain I dont want to go into how i have lost close family because I feel it just takes away from You the opportunity to grieve by letting you say everything you want so it doesnt build up.
I will light a candle for your nan and say a little prayer, tomorrow my kids and i are going for a walk I am going to buy a small bouquet of(little yellow?) flowers and release them in the river. Its not much but I hope it helps.
I am truly sorry for your loss *hugs*
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #15748 
FishyFishy89

*sigh* me n hubs went to visit the in laws. We weren't even there for 5 mins and they were quick to start a fight with each other. It ended with dad throwing a couch pillow and mom returns by throwing the xmas tree. We left on that note. And they were fighting over whos ice cream was whos. Really??
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #15749 
Sena Hansler

They must love their icecream o_O
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #15750 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
They must love their icecream o_O
For sure...o.O

I am sooo hungry but everything I eat makes me feel queasy cus of gas or I never feel full! Stupid body! >.>
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou