Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #16171 
Sena Hansler

If everyone "should" have kids, that brings the over-population to a whole new level.

Also on that note... Whose idea was it, to say it was okay to make a poor being suffer by keeping them alive? By that I mean you see our version of a freak show... Showing off a poor infant who is severely deformed, for our amusement. One and a half heads, missing limbs, perhaps an extra limb.... So deformed there is no possible life for the poor thing and yet we drag out the suffering? I don't like it. We mess with everything, and ruin it all. Animals and people alike!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #16172 
LittleBettaFish

I kind of agree with you to a point in that I think euthanasia should be available for those (as long as it properly regulated) who wish to end their own suffering.

However, no one should have the right (beside things such as the death penalty) to decide whether someone should die or not. It becomes extremely hard when a child that you have carried for nine months and who has carried all your hopes, dreams and love is born severely disabled. It would be even harder when someone comes along and tells you he/she needs to be put down because they are not a contributing member of society and in the old days would most likely have never made it past infancy.

During the holocaust things like that when on. Disabled people were shipped off and killed under the guise of receiving treatment.

Who wants to be the one to have to tell a new mother that her baby should be killed? I could not imagine the kind of trauma that would cause.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #16173 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I kind of agree with you to a point in that I think euthanasia should be available for those (as long as it properly regulated) who wish to end their own suffering.

However, no one should have the right (beside things such as the death penalty) to decide whether someone should die or not. It becomes extremely hard when a child that you have carried for nine months and who has carried all your hopes, dreams and love is born severely disabled. It would be even harder when someone comes along and tells you he/she needs to be put down because they are not a contributing member of society and in the old days would most likely have never made it past infancy.

During the holocaust things like that when on. Disabled people were shipped off and killed under the guise of receiving treatment.

Who wants to be the one to have to tell a new mother that her baby should be killed? I could not imagine the kind of trauma that would cause.
100% agree.

my rant-I am so sick of being sick. I need to help my sis-in-law do her baby shower invites so I sent her a link to a free trial of word it's not that I don't want to I just feel like heck.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #16174 
Sena Hansler

Well for my point it should be a choice and not forced upon. If I were the mother with a severely deformed or sick child, it would hurt so bad but it would also hurt to see it suffer... It would be a huge painful choice, but it should be available. BUT if the child is healthy, minor disabilities (the deformities I am talking about for suffering is the one and a half heads, an extra limb, missing a limb and probably has organ damage and failure), the doctor and a few witnesses must be able to say no, and give ideas of what to do next (adoption, financial aid, live in nanny etc)

My rant: I missed having my family for Christmas. Today everyone is gathered BUT me. I will NOT miss MY family AGAIN. No matter what it takes, I am leaving at 230 today. NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #16175 
Shirleythebetta

Anyone else have a mother in law who thinks you should treat their son (or daughter) like an infant? I do. I mentioned that my husband hasn't helped me clean while I am sick and she tells me that since he has a little cold and doesn't feel well he shouldnt be expected to help. He has a little cold and I have a double ear infection with a bad cold. Because he has a job he shouldn't help around the house. I don't mind doing all the house work. My problem is having a husband who comes home, takes his boots off in the middle of the floor, takes his socks off and throws them behind his recliner and leaves his dirty clothes on the living room floor. This is what happens when I clean. why should I be expected to do all the cleaning and animal care when I can barely hold my head up? I am not his maid and it isn't my fault she never taught him how to respect a wifes hard work. House work is a twenty four hour job. He only works for eight. At least he gets paid.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #16176 
FishyFishy89

Ditto Shirley. I find dirty socks in the oddest places ever. I just leave em lay around until he has no more clean socks and then he goes around and picks them up. Atleast mine does the dishes for me on the weekends and helps me take out the trash. But that's all he'll do :P
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #16177 
ThePearlFish

I can't get my bf to do anything, I can't put his stuff in a pile when I am cleaning cus he can't find anything and it annoys him. I can't clean without doing that because then I can't get anything cleaned. If I leave things getting dirty and piled up cus I am sick of doing things when I get no credit for them, he gets annoyed if I DO anything around the house he still gets annoyed. All because he can feel the way he wants cus he has a job and I don't and I don't have my degree and am not bringing in any money to the household.

Anyways, my rant was GONNA be: People. I am sick and tired of people..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #16178 
Shirleythebetta

FishyFishy:Those darn socks get around don't they? I hate being a housewife and I can't wait to see what happens to the house when I get out of college in March. Probably be condemed and blew up. He should have married a Martha Stuart or a June Cleaver but he fell in love with me poor man. He won't do the dishes unless he is hungry and needs a certain dish and he won't take out the trash. I tested him one day and I had four bags in the kitchen and he didn't even look at them. He wouldn't care if this house caved in with dirt. He is your A-typical slob. It's funny, he won't ask me to cook him dinner anymore. He won't dare...

Pearlfish: A degree doesn't make you better as a person. I am going to recieve my AA in March and I am still the same. And maybe he doesn't realize that if you get a job that means no more housekeeper. Just like my husband. He doesn't get mad when I move his stuff because I won't deal with it. What makes me mad is he accuses me of losing everything in the house.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #16179 
Sena Hansler

My rant isn't of my own BF, it's of my friend's. quit his job, even after he knew she was pregnant. She has been getting not so many hours... And here, 1100 income a month or more is needed to scrape by and that is not including car insurance or gas for the vehicle. And she can't maintain this... A week from now we are cut hours and we (her and I and a few others) are the ones being cut back. He also was supposed to drop her off at work and never went to get her to work... Made her a half hour late. I got someone to go and get her.

Then there has been rumors of her going to be fired which the manager said it is just a rumor... But I don't believe her. They have all been acting like my friend is a pain, and waste of time. All they care about is MONEY and not of the employees. Anything happens and I will look after my friend and her kid when it comes... Even if that means needing to temporarily hault breeding. Family before anything.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #16180 
ThePearlFish

The degree is not the issue really, *I* am the one who wants the degree, but it is the amount of time the degree is taking to achieve is the issue. Long time, no work= tension, no money coming in.

Unfortunately, even if I DID have a full-time after getting my degree, I'd STILL be responsible for keep the house in shape cus he is 1.) lazy about stuff like that and 2.) doesn't hold organization to the same level I do. Yea, I am a little OCD, but it is just the 2 of us living here, it shouldn't be disorganized enough that if someone comes in one day, they are looking around like 'these people are so messy'. Okay, so maybe I am exaggerating JUST a little, but I like a clean house for the most part. I am not 100% perfect keeping it clean either. Plus with animals running around that takes a bit more upkeep. He thinks that me sweeping multiple times a week is a bit much. yeesh! :p :p

I need to learn to let go a bit I know, but it is a tough habit to break.

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 01-08-2013 at 01:25 PM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou