Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #16201 
Hopelessaddict101

Certain members on this forum, lets just say... make me want to pull my hair out.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-10-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Watch the profanity, please!
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #16202 
ThePearlFish

[quote=Hopelessaddict101;1385759]Certain members on this forum, lets just say... make me want to pull my hair out.

This is sadly true of any forum. :(

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-10-2013 at 07:07 PM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #16203 
Hopelessaddict101

I totally agree, Pearl.
There is always going to be people who we don't agree with or like, but, they will never stop popping up lol.

:(
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #16204 
Sparrowhawk

GRARGH! I am so sick of the wild temperature swings here! My arthritis is giving me heck for it, and I have work to do! Universe, please, just pick a temperature range and stick to it, my back and I can't continue working like this. *grumble*

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-10-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #16205 
Shirleythebetta

Is it selfish to buy a home that I want? I don't feel like I should invest money into a home I don't want. I appreciate others looking but why do they have to look at me like that when I say its not what I want?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #16206 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah it has been crazy Sparrowhawk. I get problems with my muscles sometimes and the swings in hot and cold make them ache. I'm hoping that it isn't as hot today as it is supposed to be as most of our plants have been burnt by the 40 degree days and our poor Alder trees dumped half their leaves because of stress.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #16207 
FishyFishy89

The weather has been annoying here as well. 1 day it is cold, the next it's a neutral windy day and then it is so HOT!!!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #16208 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Yeah it has been crazy Sparrowhawk. I get problems with my muscles sometimes and the swings in hot and cold make them ache. I'm hoping that it isn't as hot today as it is supposed to be as most of our plants have been burnt by the 40 degree days and our poor Alder trees dumped half their leaves because of stress.
Oh no, that's not good.

Ooooh. Another rant. I don't know if Falkor's trollin' or not, because this is getting ridiculous. In the past few days, I've tried so many tank backgrounds it's ridiculous. Yesterday I finally stopped trying to appease him and left one there. Out of the many pictures I had, it has the most going on in it, is the most textured-looking and therefore I'd assume the least likely to cause a mirror effect. He took longer to start getting annoyed with it than the others, but he still doesn't like it. I can only hope he will get used to this one with time, because I need to store fishy maintenance stuff behind his tank and it looks plain horrible without the background. Just makes me nervous seeing him get upset.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #16209 
LittleBettaFish

Have you tried just painting the back of the tank black? I don't think it would reflect that much. I know what you mean though about the whole ugly thing. I have a power pack behind one of my tanks with cords everywhere and it looks terrible.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #16210 
Sparrowhawk

I don't think he'd appreciate plain black, I had a matte black mouse mat that I thought I'd try putting behind him to test the waters before purchasing anything, apparently he doesn't like black. We've got the best response out of the current background, only occasional flaring. Funny thing is he never seemed bothered by a dark but patterned background in his old, small tank. Weird little dude.

Feyd wasn't happy with his background initially either (he's got a mass of power cords behind his, Weehawk's the only one who doesn't need one to keep everything pretty, heh) but calmed down after a couple of minutes and now isn't bothered by it. I reckon I've just got a massive fusspot in Falkor, haha!