Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #16231 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have the same issues with making friends. It seems like the people around here only want go be friends with someone they can get something out of. One neighbor said my mom and I were users and liars.um,what? We've never used anyone around herd. We aren't that kind of people. To me, a real friend is someone you can hang out with, do things with and talk about anything.Nj had that in Colorado and I have NEVER had that here. Hopefully I will have better luck in Texas. At least people won't look down their nose at me for having a Spanish name.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #16232 
Sparrowhawk

Going to jump on the bandwagon here and agree with the talk about not being able to make/maintain friendships, for the most part. I have a few friends who I know would stick by me through thick and thin, though there aren't many of them. Even then, sometimes they just aren't there in times of need, like last week. I had a realisation that the abuse in a past relationship had gone much deeper than I had allowed myself to acknowledge both during that relationship and for 2.5 years after it ended (my theory as to why that is is I had quite enough on my plate to deal with without emotionally recognising the biggest violation) and it kinda hit me like a truck. The only person who offered a shoulder at all was my boyfriend, anyone else I tried to speak to about it could only spout victim-blaming cliches. Even my best mate didn't want to let me talk about it - he kept diverting the topic to gaming, presumably because it's a really hard topic to talk about, but still, I just needed the ear of a friend rather than a lover. Of course I appreciate the support from my partner, but with this topic I just needed my buddy.

I'm also going to agree that the best thing to do for depression is to get active, to force yourself to do things. However, at times it really can just be too much, and picking yourself back up and throwing yourself into doing stuff isn't going to help. My fish are definitely the thing that keeps me going. I love to be creative, and knit, crochet, make music and dabble in photography and painting, but nothing gets me off my butt and doing things like my precious boys, because they need me. Everything else can wait, and often does, until the worst of the "badness" as I like to call it is gone, however the fish do not. I reckon if it wasn't for them, during the past week I'd have done nothing except hermit in my bedroom.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #16233 
FishyFishy89

Oh I agree. I have only 1 true friend. And no matter where I've moved, what I've done, she has stuck with me through it all. It's like we're sisters. Always there for each other.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #16234 
RoMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Oh I agree. I have only 1 true friend. And no matter where I've moved, what I've done, she has stuck with me through it all. It's like we're sisters. Always there for each other.
I can't really say I have a true friend, but I do have one friend that keeps coming back to haunt me. And every time I go to pick on some poor smuck I laughed at or screwed over it happened to be him. Sadly I am going to miss his wedding he's having it in Chicago. He already makes a great spoiled housewife,
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #16235 
Sena Hansler

Next door neighbors know that the loud obnoxious blaring of their music annoys me.

Guess what? I have a BEATS by DR. DRE. It's made for bass. Gettin' them back for the 12a.m to 4:20a.m house shaking music, and tonight when all I wanted to do was to be in a quiet home, watch a movie maybe... But no. Instead I cannot hear myself think. So fine. BLARG!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #16236 
ThePearlFish

After a huge panic attack yesterday, cus school was starting today, I spent almost 1 1/2 hrs. in the car this morning to get to my lab class at 9:30 and I ended up being late and the room where the class was supposed to be held was locked and empty. I finally find out around 10am that because lab classes don't start till a few weeks later, I only have to go to my lecture class on Thurs.

Gas and time wasted..grr..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #16237 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
After a huge panic attack yesterday, cus school was starting today, I spent almost 1 1/2 hrs. in the car this morning to get to my lab class at 9:30 and I ended up being late and the room where the class was supposed to be held was locked and empty. I finally find out around 10am that because lab classes don't start till a few weeks later, I only have to go to my lecture class on Thurs.

Gas and time wasted..grr..
I'm sorry. It is nerve wracking going back to classes. I am terrified right now because they posted the graduation date and sent us graduation information. I'm a little terrified right now even though graduation isn't until May 4th. I hate standing in front of crowds. Walking is worse. I am a t-shirt and jeans person and I have to wear a formal dress and dress shoes under my gown. *trips*
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #16238 
ThePearlFish

I am not gonna go to my college graduation. I am gonna get my diploma, don't need to do the whole ceremony thing like in High School. I'll just wanna be away from school by that time :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #16239 
FishyFishy89

Rant: Bro, seriously. Do you realize how rude it is to throw rocks at someone's window?? Go knock on your homeboy's door!!!! And if I catch you throwing rocks again, I WILL call my landlord! And she is a force to be reckon with! You'd be lucky if I don't release this Cane Corso that I am fostering. He sure as heck doesn't like you right outside our balcony throwing rocks.

Rant2: I really hate tank cycles. I'm sure my plants will keep the fishys safe. Right?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #16240 
dramaqueen
Banned

Tired of rude,know it all children who have no respect for their elders or authority figures. These children need their parents to turn them over their knee and give them an attitude adjustment.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou